Start by marking “Dark Devotion (Fatefully Yours #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Devotion (Fatefully Yours #1)

Dark Devotion (Fatefully Yours #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  576 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
[Siren LoveXtreme Forever ManLove: Erotic Alternative Fantasy Ménage Romance, M/M/M/M/M/M/M/M, demons]

Hex and his six demon warriors escaped the depths of Tartarus under Hades's watchful eye to live among the mortals in the Top World. The Oracle has prophesized an epic battle to come—a war between good and evil that will test the warriors as never before.

When Echo arrives
Published June 13th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

More by Sloan Parker911 by Chris OwenDark Horse by Kate SherwoodOut of the Darkness by Kate SherwoodThe Strongest Shape by Tessa Cárdenas
Best Gay Polyamorous Romance
141st out of 361 books — 629 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesClaimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts by Lyn GalaThe Good Boy by Lisa HenryHunter of Demons by Jordan L. HawkBound by Blood by Jourdan Lane
MM Romance - Ongoing Main Characters
10th out of 53 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

P
Sep 18, 2015 P rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
3 Stars

It didn't bother me as I thought about this book that went through eight persons' relationship.
The seven demons escaped from Tartarus and heard about a prophecy. Then they met a guy who didn't even known his name , so they named the new guy as Echo.
I loved this writing style from her other books, the story didn't confuse me though. From my experience with this kind of story going around the ménage, this one didn't mess up and mostly emphasize at Echo.
Even though,I didn't like some Echo's
Serena Yates
Jun 23, 2011 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m
This book is somewhat of a challenge (I mean - 8 men in a relationship - really???), and will not be for everyone, but I must admit I really liked it. What fascinated me was the concept of having a group of demons escape Hell (and yes, the mythology behind it was somewhat abused to make the story fit), then being threatened with having to go back.

The fact that they even have their own ideas, have developed the beginnings of a conscience, is interesting. It is almost as if free will had suddenly
Jenre
Mar 16, 2012 Jenre rated it really liked it
This piece of total fluffy nonsense was recommended to me by Cole and I have to admit I only bought it to see how well it made a m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m menage relationship work. I usually hate the 'fated mates' storyline, but because I knew this book wasn't taking itself very seriously, I sat back and enjoyed the ride. I read it in two sittings (after I was falling asleep over the book in bed) but thoroughly enjoyed myself, especially liking the camaraderie amongst he characters. After all what's not t ...more
Christy Duke
I have zero problem admitting that the initial appeal for me of this book and series was SEVEN warriors and ONE bratty bottom! I mean, hello!! EIGHT men having sex!! I couldn't even really wrap my brain around that many body parts in a sexual situation together.

But I was sure willing to try!

This introduction book of the series was done really well. It began to explore each of the men and their mate, along with the background stories and what their future held in store for them. It didn't try to
Veronica /  V
Aug 14, 2011 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
I'm a fan of m/m/m romance, I purchased this ebook more as a curiosity, to find out how the Author pull this off. A relationship between 8 guys??
I didn't have great hopes for this book, I honestly thought this is going to be bad. I was expecting lots of sex, orgies, hardly any plot (don't forget, I bought it out of curiosity only)
I must say, I loved it !!! what a surprise, very interesting and different story line, right amount of sex scenes, funny and charming.
What do you know? I'm buy
Jess
Aug 19, 2011 Jess rated it really liked it
I read this book out of pure curiosity.

I wanted to know - could this author pull off a book with 8 guys in it.

Or more specifically 7 kind of demons and 1 psychic human.

short answer......Yes !

Long answer..........Hell yes !!

I recently read a m/m where the main characters names were so similar I kept getting them mixed up. I was expecting this to happen because of the amount of guys. But the author somehow cleverly creates each character as a complete individual.

The sex is hot but not unrealistic
Fadia Pierre
Jul 20, 2011 Fadia Pierre rated it it was ok
for most people its the seven lovers to one male that's an issue. For me it's echo's temperment. I could admit at first I wass skeptical on how this series would work out. As I read I understood, I quickly liked the demons and all of the other characters which were added. Heck I even like the antagonist. With Echo I find him to be really bitchie, manipulative and demanding and self centered. According to most paranormal books I understand the mate bond and the need to assert yourself in the rela ...more
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
A good starter read. I wasn't hooked like I had hope but still enjoyed the story. I'm looking forward to learning more about the whole group.
Andrea
Feb 20, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it
Recommended to Andrea by: Mary Darris
This was a solid 2.5 stars for me.

The polyamorous relationship is well done and the sex scenes were very well done. By that, I mean that they were hot and weren't overly crowded or confusing. The demons were great. They had different personalities and I wanted to see more of them. Really, the whole thing was good except for one thing. I couldn't stand Echo. He went from being loving to manipulative, then he would be nice and then bitchy, then he was sweet and then selfish. His emotions and react
Tina
Aug 24, 2011 Tina rated it it was amazing
Two thousand years ago, Hex and his lovers escaped Tartarus; they have no intentions of ever going back. The oracle predicts the gates of Tartarus will open and release evil on the world. Hex and his lovers must stand together and fight the evil. The oracle tells them their gifts must be united and sealed. The “heart” which beats between them will bring their salvation, and bring them together. Hex has no clue who their “heart” is.

Echo, a man with no memory, comes to Hex and his mates bruised a
Corazon
Oct 28, 2011 Corazon rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
I’ve read this book, because I was curious about how the author is writing about a ménage à huit… eight men have sex and a relationship with each other…

After the read I think the author did really well. The sex scenes are very appealing and I enjoyed the book. She described the sex graphic, very hot, passionate…

I love the demons and look forward to read more about them in the following books.
Therefore I must say that I would have liked to see more of them in their demon form. There is a littl
Pia Veleno
What?? Nothing's been resolved. Not the lab. Not the solstice war warning. Not love/relationship/feelings. The only thing they accomplished was a lot of lust fulfillment.

Okay, okay, the story outside of the menage-plus was interesting between the escape from Hades and the escape from the lab. I will probably keep reading to see what happens with that stuff.

But, damn, I knew it was a series going in, and some plot lines need to continue throughout, but I felt like a longer story was just cut ran
Holly
Jun 19, 2011 Holly rated it really liked it
Shelves: won
~May have slight spoilers.~

I really enjoyed this first book in the Fatefully Yours series. I won it and the second novel Upon Crimson Waters in a contest from the author at Redz World.

In this novel we meet Hex, and his six lovers and warriors that escaped from Tartarus a thousand years ago. Now the Oracle has prophesized a great war that is coming to them, and if they should fail they will be sent back to Hades, the god from which they escaped.

Then we get the entrance of their "Heart"-- as the b
Lilah
Jan 06, 2015 Lilah rated it really liked it
Shelves: big-menage
I have no idea why I actually love those books. Seven big warriors and one little guy? Sounds like enormous gangbang, right? But I appreciate the idea of this story, each book focuses on one of Hades' warrior and his issues. Usually I'm a bit sceptical with Gabrielle Evans' books but that one was really good.
Eli Silas
I enjoyed this book, but found the main character bit off-putting, to be honest. The demons were all much more interesting and fleshed-out.
adrienne
Mar 14, 2012 adrienne rated it liked it
typical gabrielle evans serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical gabrielle evans? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as the
Miralinda
Aug 14, 2014 Miralinda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: menage, 5-star, paranormal
Прелесть. Не могла дождаться конца рабочего дня, чтобы прилипнуть к книге. Скорее бегу читать вторую часть.
Ter
Jun 15, 2011 Ter rated it really liked it
This was surprising good for having 8 men together in it. You think it would be a sex free for all, but really wasn't (so far).
The only problem I really had was towards the end.
I guess Echo is the only one who deserves a second chance,
(view spoiler)
Rachel
Jun 14, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
This is not something I would ever really try...8 men all together?! But I love this author, and have really loved reading as her writing continues to grow and develop, so I was interested at how this would be. I just finished it, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it! I loved all the characters, they were all quirky, funny, and different, and it was all sorts of hot. I think Fiero was my favorite...I feel like there is definitely more of his story to tell, and I also really liked Vapre. De ...more
Rain
Oct 07, 2011 Rain rated it it was amazing
I was in no hurry to read this, because I was doubtful that eight men could love each other, and frankly, it seemed perverted. However, I read it because Gabrielle Evans is one of my favorite authors. I am so glad I did. Dark Devotion has great characters and even though they're not very developed, they really get better further into the series. The Greek mythology in this series is well researched and very informative, however; if you know nothing about Greek mythology, you may want to make a l ...more
PMGingTiger
Jan 03, 2014 PMGingTiger rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kinks like me
No it's not the best writing in the world. BUT the plot was well developed to make a full series. Also this author made an 8 way ménage work...THAT is really impressive! I've had authors that can't make a 3 way work, but she pulled off a 8 way! Pure awesome and I'm reading all the others as well YOU GO!
blub
I'm not really a fan of polyamorous relationships but this was actually a pretty good book. There was a lot less bedroom scenes than I thought there would be but what was there was pretty tame. The characters are all likable which helps in a big way. The story wasn't as exciting as I hoped it to be but seeing as this is a 9 part series, the pacing is fine.
Suburbancowgirl
Review for the whole series. I totally LOVE this series. You get really hot 8-way man on man loving in each book and more one on one as well, and it is creative! The story line is interesting, and I like how each book is dedicated to a different demon.

Gave it 4* instead of 5* since the last few books started to get a little tedious.
Kayla
Jan 30, 2013 Kayla rated it really liked it
Booklover95
Jan 14, 2013 Booklover95 rated it really liked it
Ive put off reading this series for a while because I'm not real eager on the large group of men (which sounds silly when I reread this lol) so hopefully this book will hold my interest

Was actually pretty good. Wasn't expecting echo to have a power of his own. Now I have to read the rest of the series lol
Rita
Aug 08, 2013 Rita rated it it was ok
The beginning kind of felt like snow white and the seven dwarfs, only in this case seven demons... the beginning was just reminded me of smth that I've already read and i didn't like that. The sex was good and even though I don't like polygamous relationships, this was actually handled quite nicely.
Janelle
I actually really enjoyed this book. I was sure how it would all play out with 8 men (I mean really, talk about a train), but it didn't turn out to be anything like that. I was pleasantly surprised. I look forward to the rest of the series.
Cole Riann
I'm addicted to this series already! Pretty "fluffy" but sometimes that's what you really want. Plus, come one... 8 men? There's no way I'm not checking that out!
Maya
Jun 17, 2011 Maya rated it really liked it
I usually skip books with more than three together but since I love Gabrielle I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. I can't wait for what comes next.
Davina
Dec 31, 2012 Davina rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-own-ebook
was surprise i enjoy as much. am not always a big fan of mm+ but this wasn't bad at lease it's not an all men in orgie
  • Angel Kin (His Guardian Angels, #3)
  • Strong Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #8)
  • Imlay's Cure (Lady Blue Crew #3)
  • A Caleb Footlong (The O'Hagan Way #2)
  • Trill To Me Sweetly (A Paranormal's Love #1)
  • Avanti (Zeus's Pack, #2)
  • Falling in Love Again (Of Dragons and Wolves #6)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...

Fatefully Yours (10 books)
  • Upon Crimson Waters (Fatefully Yours #2)
  • Firestorm (Fatefully Yours #3)
  • Hell's Tempest  (Fatefully Yours #4)
  • Shades of Black (Fatefully Yours #5)
  • Hypnotic Healing (Fatefully Yours #6)
  • The Hunger (Fatefully Yours #7)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Fatefully Yours #8)
  • Reckoning (Fatefully Yours #9)
  • Lest We Forget (Fatefully Yours #10)