Start by marking “Look for the Lorax” as Want to Read:
Look for the Lorax

Look for the Lorax

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  154 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Published January 10th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Look for the Lorax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Look for the Lorax

Alyssa Ruehl
May 06, 2015 Alyssa Ruehl rated it it was amazing
Personal reaction –
I love this book. It reminds me of the movie, The Lorax, and was a super easy read! I can imagine students loving this book, and if they have seen The Lorax, they will recognize certain aspects.

read aloud to make a curricular connection
I would read this aloud to kindergarteners for the purpose of showing rhyming words. Although Dr. Seuss didn't write it, the book still has rhymes and such, which will be beneficial for the students. The repetitiveness within the book will hel
Jane LoBosco
May 05, 2015 Jane LoBosco rated it really liked it
Look for the Lorax is the perfect book for the beginning reader. The size of the book will get the students to feel confident in thru reading abilities. The bright pictures also help to tell the story, and help students picture the story in their minds. I personally love the Lorax, and was so excited to find book that goes along with it. This book is not a Dr. Seuss book, but it accentuates the story that Dr. Seuss told, and helps kids understand the basics of his book and the movie. I really en ...more
Edward Creter
This brief look into the world of Dr. Seuss' Lorax, the warrior who speaks for the trees and speaks to us about caring for earth's limited resources, is a fun, if too short, walk into the woods of his domain, and kids who may not have read the classic book or seen the recent film should enjoy this immensely. The Lorax is a little guy with a big heart, and maybe, just maybe, he can show us how much heart he does have.
Angie
Mar 02, 2015 Angie rated it liked it
Synopsis: "Look out for the Lorax! Dr. Seuss's lovable grump makes his Step into Reading debut in this wonderland adventure through hills of green where the Truffula trees sway. Through easy words and simple sentences, the youngest readers will discover the Lorax's paradise, from singing Swomee-Swans to playful Bar-ba-loots."

My Review: We read this in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday. I was expecting a lot from this book with the Lorax being one of my favorite characters. Unfortunately if you aren'
Whitney
Aug 06, 2016 Whitney rated it really liked it
summer reading kids. easy for mine to read.
Rosa Cline
Jun 09, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This is a level 1 reader... I would say more on the l.5 to almost 2 level as most of the book is repeatitive rhyming words but there are some longer sentences with harder words to read. So if your child is reading on their own they may need a little help with some of it.

Very cute (illustrations are colorful) Dr. Seuss book.
Nikki
Jan 10, 2015 Nikki rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
A Step into Reading book...this book was very easy for my daughter to read. I liked the rhyme and rhythm of the book. Like another review of the book, I would say it did remind me of one fish, two fish by Dr. Seuss.
I enjoyed the book because I saw a lot of sight words my daughter has become familiar with.
Mayumi Inoko
Dec 05, 2013 Mayumi Inoko rated it liked it
There are comparison, reputation and rhymes that children can easily get interested in this book. I did not expect the way to finish the end but there are many original and attractive illustration.
Kelly
My Kindergartener picked this up at the school book fair. I was happy with this choice as it has numerous sight words and an appropriate level of rigor for her. Plus, we love The Lorax.
Rebecca Sharp
In this Step Into Reading: Step One Easy Reader, the familiar story of Dr. Seuss’ Lorax is made beginning reader friendly with simplified a phonetic text and lively illustrations.
Brian
I might use this as an early introduction to The Lorax, but it doesn't touch on the environmental message of the original.
Wooden Horse
Jan 17, 2012 Wooden Horse rated it liked it
This one reminded me of "One Fish, Two Fish".
PWRL
Jun 10, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
christa motinga
christa motinga marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Meg
Meg rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
PAUL
PAUL marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
nicole l. ware
nicole l. ware rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Annabelle
Annabelle is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2016
Nicolas
Nicolas rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Suzy
Suzy is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2016
Amber Hennessey
Amber Hennessey marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Constance  combs
Constance combs rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
  • Thomas and the Jet Engine (Thomas & Friends: Step Into Reading)
  • I Spy a Dinosaur's Eye
  • A Pony for a Princess (Disney Princess)
  • A Green, Green Garden
  • George Washington and the General's Dog
  • Dinosaur Days
  • Barbie: Thumbelina
  • Splat the Cat: Good Night, Sleep Tight
  • This is Spider-Man (World of Reading)
  • Disney's Finding Nemo: Just Keep Swimming
  • Pinkalicious: Fairy House
  • Fancy Nancy: Poison Ivy Expert
  • The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat
  • I Like Bugs
  • What Is a Princess? (Disney Princess)
  • Five Green and Speckled Frogs (Sing and Read Storybook)
  • Biscuit and the Little Pup