Start by marking “Brother Bartholomew and the Apple Grove” as Want to Read:
Brother Bartholomew and the Apple Grove

Brother Bartholomew and the Apple Grove

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Boyds Mills Press publishes a wide range of high-quality fiction and nonfiction picture books, chapter books, novels, and nonfiction
Published March 1st 2004 by Boyds Mills Press

To ask other readers questions about Brother Bartholomew and the Apple Grove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brother Bartholomew and the Apple Grove

Jessica
While visiting a friend in Pennsylvania in 2004 I had the opportunity to meet the author of this book as my friend was well acquainted with the author (My copy is signed). It had been years since I read this book and my five year old picked it off the shelf today out of curiosity and probably drawn to the lovely illustrations. There are aspects of monks and a monastery that I had to find simple explanations for but nothing out of the ordinary. The theme of pride is well played out as well as wis ...more
Leigh
It's more important to share a garden harvest than to have a perfect apple grove. A young monk with some control issues learns this the hard way, but in the end everybody benefits. The monk learns compassion and the hungry deer that live in the forest that flanks the monastery get something good to eat. A moving story about compassion for animals. This is a good story to pair with Brother Francis and the Wolf.
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jun 11, 2013
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2008
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2008
Jan Cheripko is the author of several books for young adults and children. He currently teaches English at The Family Foundation School, a private residential school for at-risk teens.

As he does in his novels, Cheripko focuses his talks to students, teachers, and parents on the choices young people make, the need to identify the principles one stands for, and to place them ahead of personalities.
More about Jan Cheripko...
Imitate the Tiger Sun Moon Stars Rain Rat Caesar Rodney's Ride: The Story of an American Patriot sun moon stars rain [Library]