Sustainable Urbanism: Urban Design with Nature

Sustainable Urbanism: Urban Design with Nature

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Written by the chair of the LEED-Neighborhood Development (LEED-ND) initiative, Sustainable Urbanism: Urban Design with Nature is both an urgent call to action and a comprehensive introduction to "sustainable urbanism"--the emerging and growing design reform movement that combines the creation and enhancement of walkable and diverse places with the need to build high-perfo...more
Published November 1st 2007 by John Wiley & Sons

Jay
This is like a compendium of good practices, with everything from sustainable streetscapes to building infrastructure all brought together in one place. Amazing resources to have, but dense. A bit like a career of learning packed into one book.
Ryan
Apr 01, 2009 Ryan added it
A fact filled book on how we can create more sustainable places. Reads more like a text book, but contains loads of useful information, examples and sources for further study.
Elena
This is the book project I managed. It only gets 3 starts since it was painful to create. But it's actually really interesting, albeit slightly dated by now.
David
This book is the solution to the New Urban/Landscape Urban debate, and it was around before Landscape Urbanism rose to prominence.
Elma Felix
I'm OBSESSED with my job! This book written by Doug Farr, makes my work simpler....It's really a conversation piece! Go Green! :)
Paul
Written by one of the people developing the LEED-ND standard. Mostly directed towards local govt. practitioners.
Doug
Dec 25, 2009 Doug added it
I earned the equivalent of a PhD writing this book.
Seligne
I wish it had had more pith.
Tantie Yulandhika
Tantie Yulandhika marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Colleen O'leary
Colleen O'leary marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Sam
Sam added it
Mar 30, 2014
Nourhan Salah salim
Nourhan Salah salim marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Santiago Mejía Dugand
Santiago Mejía Dugand marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Rita Chedid
Rita Chedid marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Michelle Grover
Michelle Grover marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Mona M.Abd El-Rahman
Mona M.Abd El-Rahman marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
beshoy badry
beshoy badry marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Said Abdurrahman
Said Abdurrahman marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Mayank Gupta
Mayank Gupta marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Daria
Daria marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
The Language of Towns & Cities: A Visual Dictionary Alfred Hitchcock yllättää, #2/1959 Hitchcocks utvalgte: Likvognen venter