Start by marking “The Right Address” as Want to Read:
The Right Address

The Right Address

3.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,964 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
The Right Address sears through the upper crust of New York’s glittering Park Avenue scene to dish the dirt on the ladies who lunch, the gents who club, and the desperate climbers who will stop at nothing to join the backstabbing, champagne-sipping, socialite-eat-socialite stratosphere.

When Melanie Sartomsky, wily Floridian flight attendant, snares billionaire divorcée Ar
Audio, 0 pages
Published January 8th 2004 by Random House Audio (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Right Address, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Right Address

Rebecca
Jul 22, 2011 Rebecca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
Ahh, classic, NY chick-lit. It doesn't get any trashier then this. This book had way too many charecters and the only thing that really connected them all was the building they lived in. It was really about two different families with like an assortment of other characters thrown in. Family #1 contained this simi-newly married couple and the Girl came from no where and wanted so much to fit in to high society that she did what everyone considered really stupid things and then just talked behind ...more
Savannah
Jun 19, 2013 Savannah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the worst books I've ever read! It was pointless, superficial and degrading. I honestly don't know what the point of this book was and I why I even bothered to finish this. I guess I was just hoping the ending would make things better- but far from.

None of the characters were likable not Melanie, Arthur or Cordelia who were supposed to be the only good people in the book. There was no soul or character to anybody making it impossible to connect to anyone.
I would give this book 0/
Deborah
This is chick lit in it's most catty, upper crust form! I enjoyed reading it - a lot. I don't really know why, as it was so full of BS, and a life style that I would never want or could ever have. Maybe that, in itself, is why. If you enjoy name dropping on every high end flamboyant purchase possible from furniture and clothes to jewelry and motor vehicles, you will identify. Actually, I found this book to be a case of - What goes around, comes around. In the end, the worse of the bitches get th ...more
Eliabeth Hawthorne
Oct 08, 2012 Eliabeth Hawthorne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
It was a bit like listening to Gossip Girl the later years, once they've aged and toned down some, but are still shallow, petty, and obsessed with scandal. No one was manipulating them with next messages and gossip girl blasts, but they tear each other up with vicious whispers and "lost" invitations.

It's a very character driven book. Each chapter hops around and follows a different pair or family. With one notable exception, there's very little plot to the novel, it's more just listening to peop
Lady L
Jul 13, 2011 Lady L rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book satisfied my voyeuristic cravings up to the point where I had more than enough and started to feel nauseated, figuratively speaking. I read this book on a 12 hour plane ride because I did not have anything else to read. I finished almost 3/4 of the book and planned to finish the rest once I get over my jetlag.

"The Right Address" is about the life of the rich and famous in New York. Not even remotely close to the complex yet beautiful societal dance of the wealthy New Yorkers in Edith W
Brittany
Aug 26, 2008 Brittany rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of snobby society books (Candace Bushnell, Kathleen Tessaro)
Recommended to Brittany by: Myself
How I Came To Read This Book: I bought it the same day I bought 'Wolves in Chic Clothing'

The Plot: Everyone in NYC wants to live at the 'right address' - in this case, an upscale ritzy apartment block in a primo location. Melanie Korn nee Sartomsky has found herself in the lion's den when she marries funeral home tycoon Arthur Korn and is trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to fit into the creme de la creme of the Upper East Side. The book also peeks into the windows of other residents of 'the right
Marty Farley
Apr 26, 2015 Marty Farley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hoping for a escapist, slightly biting look into the world of the rich, this was instead a dull, overly-obvious and painfully written book. Story lines and characters were added and dropped at random, and there was so little to distinguish main characters from each other even devising snotty nicknames for them didn't work. I always figured the rich live in a different world from the rest of us, but I never realized that world was 2-dimensional.
Briana
Apr 11, 2013 Briana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recently-read
At first I didn't particularly like this book & I couldn't find a character I liked very much. Even when I got to the middle of the book, I didn't think I'd give it more than 3 stars, if that.

Melanie cared way too much what others thought, which made her annoying to others (including me). & everyone else was so judgmental of others despite their own drama.

This book was fairly entertaining with a few surprising twists here and there. Melanie's metamorphosis from trying to be a replica o
Beth Kibel Soulliard
Didn't realize till after I had started reading that this was cowritten by the same genius who is responsible for "Odd Mom Out" on Bravo. LOVE that show. And this book is just as good! Also set in Upper East Side New York, this is told mainly from perspective of a lady who married into the society. Its a crazy world, and entertaining to read
Kim Dempsey
I listened to this book on tape. It was a fun read. High society ladies always make me laugh. It was funny and light. The ending was nice and put everything into perspective and all the ladies into their place. I fell in love with Melanie and Arthur from the start. Melanie was perfect and held her own against the bitter, drama of caddy women.
Samantha
May 09, 2015 Samantha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This was a fun, guilty pleasure read. A lighthearted glimpse into the lives of a half dozen NYC socialites and the insecurities they grapple with while being members of their social scene. This was enjoyable to read during finals week; a good poolside book that you don't have to concentrate or invest too much effort into in order to enjoy.
Charlie
Feb 24, 2016 Charlie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mannerpunk, humour
I liked this. Which surprised me, but I liked this. There are some horrendous racial stereotypes, which is why I only give it three stars, but the structure was fun, there were some unexpected twists, and if you're interested in fancy New York, then this is a good one to read.
Lisa
I won't be doing this one for book club. While it was fun, it had too many clichés and stereotypes. Everyone got what they deserved whether comeuppance or heart's desire. I enjoyed the characters and the snide humor but there was no edge.
Anna
Apr 30, 2014 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice weekend fluff read about the underbelly of high society. We follow an unwanted addition to the rich scene of New York as she claws desperately to be accepted until she realises the secret to be accepted.
Rebekah
Mar 07, 2016 Rebekah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It is one of "naughty" indulgences. It has the drama, everyone says they do not like, but secretly enjoy reading. The Right Address is hilarious and makes you wonder, is New York Society really like this?
Lapauselibrairie

Un homme marié qui fait un enfant dans le dos de sa femme à une semi prostituée en mal d’argent, mais il se rend compte qu’il aime énormément sa femme et veut que tout revienne comme avant. Un homme qui a le béguin pour une autre demoiselle que sa chérie. Une femme qui n’aime pas sa vie de riche. Une femme qui souhaiterait faire partie de l’élite. Des commères. Et des happy end. Voilà un livre de chick-lit assez basique. Une lecture sympathique mais pas le
Melissa
Sep 09, 2014 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Scathing look at Park Avenue socialites and their lives. A bit cutting and not as well written as it could have been.
Meaghan
Jan 22, 2014 Meaghan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
in the vein of wolves in chic clothing... i enjoyed it. the lives of the rich people in new york city are so beyond me it feels like reading a fantasy novel instead of regular old fiction. great writing team.
Alexa
Just the ticket - I like my books on CD to be short and sweet or I lose the plot (I only listen while stuck in Los Angeles traffic). This was frothy fun in four quick CD's. The best aspect for me was the narrator, Barbara Rosenblat, who I know from all the Goldy Schultz mysteries. I grew tired of the Goldy books and her voice, so I was a bit apprehensive about listening to this. She's actually a hoot with the right material, and probably did a good two dozen voices (my favorite was the Hispanic ...more
Amber
Aug 11, 2008 Amber rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this after reading their other title, "Wolves in Chic Clothing." Although WICC was not amazing, it was certainly easier to handle than this one. I generally read a book in one day, maybe two. It took me a week to struggle through this mess. You expect a book about "upper" society to be pretentious but this bordered on ridiculous and obnoxious. I will not be reading the authors again.

Want to read something fun, witty, enjoyable, and actually hard to put down? Then try the Stephanie Plum s
T. Strange
Having read and enjoyed Momzillas by Jill Kargmen, I had high expectations for this book, but I found it kind of meh. It really seemed as though her writing wasn't as good with a co-author.
Princess Missy
Ok.
let me just say
this book was something else
at first
Mackenzie
Apr 27, 2009 Mackenzie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed, 2009
I finally finished this novel! Although it isn't altogether that long I just found it so hard to get into. The first 100 to 150 pages were just so boring. It was such a bore to get through the first half of the novel, because it detailed society, and I just found what was said was soo boring. But once I was near the 200th page I was so intrigued as to how the book was going to play out :). I recommend this novel if you're stubborn enough to continue reading a book even when it's downright boring ...more
Reshma
Dec 15, 2015 Reshma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick and funny read
Elizabeth
Total fluff chick-lit but kept me entertained.
Kim Darwaza
Sep 08, 2014 Kim Darwaza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love my NYC CHICK-lit!
Jessica Daniels
May 25, 2016 Jessica Daniels rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute!
Kathleen
May 29, 2014 Kathleen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Fluffy chic lit. but I enjoyed it :)
Vickie
Sep 15, 2008 Vickie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was written by Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman two authors who also wrote Wolves in Sheeps Clothing.
Although I enjoyed the book, I wouldn't say it was up there with my all time favorites, but it was enjoyable.It was snarky, witty and some of the characters were way over the top. Maria, the Latina janitor turned
If this book is a true portrayal of NYC high society then count me in as someone who is very glad to be a normal everyday, middle of the road woman.
Joseph
Jan 26, 2014 Joseph rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Racist, sexist and homophobic. What more is there to say, really?
  • The Botox Diaries
  • Summer in the City
  • Falling Out of Fashion
  • Wedding Season
  • Rescue Me
Carrie Doyle Karasyov was born in New York City. Upon graduation from Barnard College, where she majored in Russian Language and Literature, Carrie worked in the features department of Harper's Bazaar. In 1995, Carrie moved to Moscow, Russia, to help launch the Russian edition of Harper's Bazaar. The following year, she became founding Editor-in-Chief of the Russian edition of Marie Claire. After ...more
More about Carrie Karasyov...