Start by marking “Rowan and the Ice Creepers (Rowan of Rin, #5)” as Want to Read:
Rowan and the Ice Creepers (Rowan of Rin, #5)

Rowan and the Ice Creepers (Rowan of Rin #5)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  1,522 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
"Four must make their sacrifice.
In the realm twixt fire and ice . . .
The quest unites both life and death."

The wise woman Sheba's ominous words haunt Rowan. The bitter winter has lasted far too long and won't loosen its deadly hold on the land. As food stores dwindle, the people of Rin flee to the warmer coast.

Rowan and two friends -- and a shadow -- journey up th

Published September 1st 2004 by Greenwillow Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Rowan and the Ice Creepers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rowan and the Ice Creepers

Ahmad Sharabiani
Rowan and the Ice Creepers (Rowan of Rin, #5), Emily Rodda
Featherheart
May 05, 2008 Featherheart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, apparently nobody has bothered to actually review this book, so let me make this clear: This is exactly the same as Rowan and the Ice Creepers, just the UK version of the book! So if you live in the US, don't bother ordering it from the UK, just buy Rowan and the Ice Creepers.
For those of you who do live in the UK, Rowan of the Bukshah is excellent. It's the story of a young boy who used to be thought useless by his people, the people of Rin, and now is revered--but only because he saved
Zaid
Mar 25, 2013 Zaid rated it really liked it
I chose this book because i found the book cover on the front cool with the ice dragons and as I read the blurb on the back i got hooked in to the book.

The category on the bingo board was the male main character, I usually read books where the are male.

A character i found interesting was Rowan, what I like about this character is how he was different from the other boys in his village and knew things that helped his group when he goes on journeys.

A thing I learnt from the book is how a ordinary
Mark
Jan 02, 2015 Mark rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I finally read this last book in the Rowan series. I've loved this story since I first read it as a kid. This book as just as good, and has an excellent ending that fits in so well. It's not cheesy, it's a little cliché in parts, but it's a great, simple, story.

Read this series. Start with Rowan of Rin.
Emily
Apr 04, 2009 Emily rated it liked it
These books are really good. I wish I'd started them in order, though. Emily Rodda is really good at creating complex riddles, which is one of the reasons why this book was so good.
Jaq
Feb 25, 2017 Jaq rated it really liked it
This final tale was full of heroics that the little hero that could proved that being a hero comes in many shapes and sizes.

Well told and I'll miss Rowan very much.
Sarah Eagle
Rodda does not disappoint.

When you reach the end of a series, there are very high expectations. It's difficult to write something that encapsulates the spirit of the series whilst trying to accomplish something that is different from the rest of the series without seeming rehashed. Rodda balances this splendidly. Not only is the setting just like book 1, but many of the same themes and character roles are played out. Character development parallels can be made between Shaaran and Rowan, of Jonn
Aaron
Nov 29, 2012 Aaron rated it really liked it
the book rowan and the ice creepers by Emily Rodda is a adventure book about how the people of Rin are having a endless winter caused by creatures called ice creepers. The people of rin have wild stories of how they think they forgot about the mountain and that its causing the endless winter. Rowan and three friends Shaaran, Norris and Zeel have to follow these creatures called Bukshah into the mountains to try to stop the cold time.I thought this books was good because my favroite type of book ...more
Rebecca
Oct 16, 2009 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-books
Once again the long suffering Rowan is faced with a dreadful calamity that only he can solve. Such is life. Winter won't go away, and Rowan must make it go away. Once again Sheba gets involved and once again she proves helpful in more ways than one. Rowan must follow the Bukshah up the mountain to help the get rid of the dreaded ice creepers which are keeping winter hovering over Rin. Aided by the friends he picked up in the land of the Zebak and the ever adventurous Zeel, Rowan is once again in ...more
Ashe
Jul 03, 2012 Ashe rated it it was amazing
This is a great book! Thank goodness I finally finished the series.
It's viewed as a children's book but all ages will like it. It only got grouped as one because it doesn't contain any sexual/extremely violent content but then again, it's not like a book is incomplete without it.
Emily Rodda is a master storyteller and she's got a great mind for poetry. I didn't realize that she had written Deltora Quest (which my friends have read) but now I'm dying to get my hands on that series!
Lillian
Wow... Just... wow. Rowan and the Ice Creepers, the last book in the Rowan of Rin series is surprisingly very mature and serious for a children's book. I didn't expect the finale to be so dark and grim! There's lots of death, problems, and difficult situations... Everything about it left me speechless. I'm a little disappointed that the ending ended so soon. *laughs*

What a great series this was to read.~
Arito Sato
Nov 23, 2012 Arito Sato rated it really liked it
日本語版
ローワンと白い魔物
Hannah
Jun 22, 2009 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
I've always loved the bukshah, and this book finally puts them in the forefront. Rowan's maturity is really evident here; he's no longer the whining, hesitant boy that we met in Rowan of Rin, but capable of taking charge and doing what needs to be done. It's a great adventure; a shame there's an obvious tone of finality at the end. Is this the last Rowan book?
Joel Martens
May 19, 2013 Joel Martens rated it did not like it
1.I gave this book a 1 because its very villont and its scary i like my little pony way much couse i pink and beautiful and very fluffy :::::::::::::)))))))))))))))) lots of mouths and eyes scarry :(
Featherheart
May 05, 2008 Featherheart rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent. It is the same story as Rowan of the Bukshah, so get one or the other, not both. Read the first four before this one, though, or you won't understand it well. The first four are VERY important to the storyline, especially Rowan of the Zebak.
Danielle Maistry
The teacher used to read this for us in year 6...
I think this made me love the whole 'medieval' setting and way of living, which essentially led me to find interest in history.
I could imagine everything in this book.
Very nostalgic, loved it!
Shianne
May 18, 2012 Shianne rated it it was amazing
Emily Rodda's Rowan of Rin is a great YA series.. The difference in the names of the creatures sucks you in and your trying to figure what in the real world is it.. Loved it.. The turn about on who the hero is, its amazing..

Meghan
Mar 24, 2016 Meghan rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this series! This last book was by far the best, and the revelation Rowan and his friends find at the end of their journey is amazing. I was not expecting it at all. I didn't want the series to end, and I hope that one day Emily Rodda will continue Rowan's story.
Julie
Apr 08, 2008 Julie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Julie by: Mom
With this book, we are seeing Rowan mature once again, while learning more about the history of the people of Rin. This one had a bit more of an environmental message to it, but it was written in a clever way.
Steph
Sep 21, 2009 Steph rated it really liked it
Another cute book that definitely pulled things together for the whole series. I like how everyone always underestimates Rowan (even himself) and he ends up being the one to figure things out in the end.
Ashley Ramsey
Jan 08, 2016 Ashley Ramsey rated it it was amazing
This book was not as good as the previous four in the series. She did a lot of "telling" rather than "showing" to tie up the story.
Thomas Young
Mar 08, 2012 Thomas Young rated it really liked it
This was an exciting story to end the series with, a highly enloyable read.
Sam
Sep 22, 2009 Sam rated it it was amazing
amazing mystery book.
Burningfeather
Aug 04, 2013 Burningfeather rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite book out of the series. :D
Denis
Jan 21, 2012 Denis rated it really liked it
Great for children.
Becky
Jan 04, 2013 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, children-s
Another stellar story from Emily Rodda. I particularly like how she keeps the Rowan story formula fresh by delving more into Rin's history and how it affects Rowan and the others.
Brandon
Oct 20, 2010 Brandon rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I love the part when they tried to beat the Crystal Guardian
Julia Jeon
Mar 19, 2011 Julia Jeon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
the riddles are so clever that i wonder how the author had thought of them... It's the most mysterious book from the whole series.
Monique
Sep 28, 2009 Monique rated it really liked it
I swear I dont remember reading this before
Henry Moss
Oct 03, 2012 Henry Moss rated it liked it
Shelves: books-for-school
A good book with a good storyline
  • The Book from Baden Dark
  • The Diamond Princess Saves the Day (The Jewel Kingdom, #4)
  • The Adventures of King Midas
  • The Evil Elves (Moongobble and Me #3)
  • Islands in the Sky (Voyage of the Basset 1)
  • Wish Upon a Unicorn
  • Tomorrow's Magic
  • The Gizmo (Gizmo, #1)
  • Apple-y Ever After (Princess School, #6)
  • Equinus the Spirit Horse (Beast Quest, #20)
  • Storm Dragon (Eberron: The Draconic Prophecies, #1)
  • Wren to the Rescue (Wren, #1)
  • Greek Myths
  • The Great Ice Battle (The Secrets of Droon, #5)
  • The Adventures of Sir Givret the Short (Knights' Tales, #2)
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...

Rowan of Rin (5 books)
  • Rowan of Rin (Rowan of Rin, #1)
  • Rowan and the Travelers (Rowan of Rin, #2)
  • Rowan and the Keeper of the Crystal (Rowan of Rin, #3)
  • Rowan and the Zebak (Rowan of Rin, #4)