Rowan and the Ice Creepers (Rowan of Rin, #5)

Rowan and the Ice Creepers (Rowan of Rin #5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  1,054 ratings  ·  26 reviews
"Four must make their sacrifice.
In the realm twixt fire and ice . . .
The quest unites both life and death."

The wise woman Sheba's ominous words haunt Rowan. The bitter winter has lasted far too long and won't loosen its deadly hold on the land. As food stores dwindle, the people of Rin flee to the warmer coast.

Rowan and two friends -- and a shadow -- journey up th

Published September 1st 2004 by Greenwillow Books (first published 2003)

The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsArtemis Fowl by Eoin ColferThe Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Best YA Fatasy books of the centaury
71st out of 108 books — 28 voters
The Cup Final Mouse Who Did It by David JacksCleopatra VII by Kristiana GregoryKeys To The Demon Prison by Brandon MullFablehaven by Brandon MullThe Fairy's Mistake by Gail Carson Levine
Best Books In General
18th out of 63 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Zaid
I chose this book because i found the book cover on the front cool with the ice dragons and as I read the blurb on the back i got hooked in to the book.

The category on the bingo board was the male main character, I usually read books where the are male.

A character i found interesting was Rowan, what I like about this character is how he was different from the other boys in his village and knew things that helped his group when he goes on journeys.

A thing I learnt from the book is how a ordinary...more
Emily
These books are really good. I wish I'd started them in order, though. Emily Rodda is really good at creating complex riddles, which is one of the reasons why this book was so good.
Featherheart
Okay, apparently nobody has bothered to actually review this book, so let me make this clear: This is exactly the same as Rowan and the Ice Creepers, just the UK version of the book! So if you live in the US, don't bother ordering it from the UK, just buy Rowan and the Ice Creepers.
For those of you who do live in the UK, Rowan of the Bukshah is excellent. It's the story of a young boy who used to be thought useless by his people, the people of Rin, and now is revered--but only because he saved...more
Aaron
the book rowan and the ice creepers by Emily Rodda is a adventure book about how the people of Rin are having a endless winter caused by creatures called ice creepers. The people of rin have wild stories of how they think they forgot about the mountain and that its causing the endless winter. Rowan and three friends Shaaran, Norris and Zeel have to follow these creatures called Bukshah into the mountains to try to stop the cold time.I thought this books was good because my favroite type of book...more
Rebecca
Once again the long suffering Rowan is faced with a dreadful calamity that only he can solve. Such is life. Winter won't go away, and Rowan must make it go away. Once again Sheba gets involved and once again she proves helpful in more ways than one. Rowan must follow the Bukshah up the mountain to help the get rid of the dreaded ice creepers which are keeping winter hovering over Rin. Aided by the friends he picked up in the land of the Zebak and the ever adventurous Zeel, Rowan is once again in...more
Ashe
This is a great book! Thank goodness I finally finished the series.
It's viewed as a children's book but all ages will like it. It only got grouped as one because it doesn't contain any sexual/extremely violent content but then again, it's not like a book is incomplete without it.
Emily Rodda is a master storyteller and she's got a great mind for poetry. I didn't realize that she had written Deltora Quest (which my friends have read) but now I'm dying to get my hands on that series!
Hannah
I've always loved the bukshah, and this book finally puts them in the forefront. Rowan's maturity is really evident here; he's no longer the whining, hesitant boy that we met in Rowan of Rin, but capable of taking charge and doing what needs to be done. It's a great adventure; a shame there's an obvious tone of finality at the end. Is this the last Rowan book?
Featherheart
This book is excellent. It is the same story as Rowan of the Bukshah, so get one or the other, not both. Read the first four before this one, though, or you won't understand it well. The first four are VERY important to the storyline, especially Rowan of the Zebak.
Shianne
Emily Rodda's Rowan of Rin is a great YA series.. The difference in the names of the creatures sucks you in and your trying to figure what in the real world is it.. Loved it.. The turn about on who the hero is, its amazing..

Steph
Another cute book that definitely pulled things together for the whole series. I like how everyone always underestimates Rowan (even himself) and he ends up being the one to figure things out in the end.
Joel Martens
1.I gave this book a 1 because its very villont and its scary i like my little pony way much couse i pink and beautiful and very fluffy :::::::::::::)))))))))))))))) lots of mouths and eyes scarry :(
Julie
Aug 02, 2009 Julie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Julie by: Mom
With this book, we are seeing Rowan mature once again, while learning more about the history of the people of Rin. This one had a bit more of an environmental message to it, but it was written in a clever way.
Christopher
While listed as a teen book its clearly childrens. Slightly entertaining with a few interesting ideas but not much in the way of excitement, surprises, or action. Cool cover though.
Becky
Another stellar story from Emily Rodda. I particularly like how she keeps the Rowan story formula fresh by delving more into Rin's history and how it affects Rowan and the others.
Julia Jeon
the riddles are so clever that i wonder how the author had thought of them... It's the most mysterious book from the whole series.
Amanda
Sep 15, 2008 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ppl who like action/mystery
Recommended to Amanda by: myself
This was good, just like the rest of the series. I would totally recommend it to mystery-lovers.
Thomas Young
This was an exciting story to end the series with, a highly enloyable read.
Brandon
I love the part when they tried to beat the Crystal Guardian
♪Aud♪
See Rowan of Rin #2 (PS IT HAS SPOILERS!)
Monique
I swear I dont remember reading this before
Burningfeather
Probably my favorite book out of the series. :D
Henry Moss
A good book with a good storyline
Sam
amazing mystery book.
Denis
Great for children.
  • The Book from Baden Dark
  • Silver Brumby Kingdom
  • Greek Myths
  • The First Chronicles Of Prydain (The Chronicles of Prydain #1-3)
  • By Fire, By Moonlight (Unicorns Of Balinor, #4)
  • The Gizmo (Gizmo, #1)
  • The Cat's Eye Shell (Chain of Charms #4)
  • People Might Hear You
  • Princess School: Let Down Your Hair
  • Votive (Curse of the Bond Rider #2)
  • Space Demons
  • Zombie Butts From Uranus
  • The Adventures of Sir Givret the Short (Knights' Tales, #2)
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...
The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1) City of the Rats (Deltora Quest, #3) The Lake of Tears (Deltora Quest, #2) The Shifting Sands (Deltora Quest, #4) Dread Mountain (Deltora Quest, #5)