Start by marking “Don't Worry Mama” as Want to Read:
Don't Worry Mama
Preview

Don't Worry Mama (Don't Worry Mama Series #1)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  12 reviews
If you were stuck on a deserted island and you could pick one person to keep you company, who would you choose? For Yuichi, it would be anyone but his uncooperative, self-absorbed, good-for-nothing boss Imakura! But as fate would have it, the two are mistakenly left on a deserted island during an important research expedition. Yuichi would prefer to drown Imakura in the se ...more
Published June 8th 2006 by Digital Manga Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Don't Worry Mama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Worry Mama

Junjo Romantica, Volume 1 by Shungiku NakamuraTotally Captivated, Volume 1 by Hajin YooFinder, Volume 1 by Ayano YamaneLoveless, Volume 1 by Yun KōgaThe Crimson Spell, Volume 1 by Ayano Yamane
Yaoi / Shounen Ai / BL Manga
190th out of 414 books — 520 voters
The Tin Star by J.L. LangleyPurgatory by Jet MyklesHeaven by Jet MyklesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Favorite MM/MMF Romance Novels
101st out of 219 books — 131 voters

More lists with this book...

Honey
Apr 06, 2011 Honey rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: yaoi
This was a very unusual story and my opinions on it varied far and wide as I read it.

I think the best word to describe the first part of the book when the characters are stranded on the island would be disturbing. Yuichi’s physicial attraction to Imakura was gobsmacking. I couldn’t honestly understand how Yuichi was turned on by Imakura when he kept saying he was fat, wrinkled, had a quadruple chin and a thumb sized penis. There was absolutely nothing sexy about him and it made no sense.

Yuichi
Ryes
Don't Worry Mama is unconventional in at least one aspect. One of the characters is fat and he is mean-spirited.

Yuichi works under Imakura and the two of them are sent on a business trip to gather herbs on an isolated island. Yuichi didn't volunteer to go. Imakura chose Yuichi out of all the other employees because Yuichi is the only one that doesn't snicker or gossip about Imakura's weight and his overbearing attitude. The trip takes a disastrous turn when the boat that dropped them off at the
Edgey Flowers
RoughDraftHero
Yaoi novels are a mind trip. They're definitely yaoi, with ukes and semes and borderline to way over-the-line rape. But they're also interesting because you're let inside of the character's minds a whole lot more than with the comics, and these stock characters are fleshed out, their motives made more clear.

This one was ... hm. I liked that the uke didn't lose all of the weight, that was interesting. I expected the author to completely slim him down to a waif.
Bouvardia
I thought this book was really cute. I was a bit disappointed at first with the two main characters. Their personalities were just irritating at first, but in the end I loved them both and it turned out to be a really good book. The art really left an impression on me for this book, not just the style but how the characters were shown/not shown (You'll have to read it to understand what I mean)

This is a yaoi novel that all yaoi novel fans should pick up.
Madeline (Gregs)
Jenre
Jul 22, 2010 Jenre rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: yaoi
Totally bizarre!
I think I liked the book better when it was from Imakura's POV as we see him trying to pull his life together. The first part on the desert island was... well...words fail me.
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
I don't even have the words to describe what I've just read lol. Err...in a twisted sort of way it has it's cute moments, I guess.
Reader17 Der
This was the first Yaoi novel that I read. I was amazed at how good it was. I really enjoyed reading this.
L.
Mar 21, 2009 L. rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Absolutely horrific and riddled with grammar mistakes.
Saylin
Oct 05, 2010 Saylin is currently reading it
Monena Lamb
I love this story.
Creola
Creola marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Shoujojinoz
Shoujojinoz marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Jintana Oi
Jintana Oi marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Joey981029
Joey981029 marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Joey981029
Joey981029 marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Kimberlyne
Kimberlyne marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Kynthos-the-Archer
Kynthos-the-Archer marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Jamee
Jamee marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
прост
прост marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Hellox13
Hellox13 marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Victoria Patrick
Victoria Patrick marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
  • Eternal Love
  • Gentle Cage
  • The Guilty, Volume 01: Verdict
  • Sweet Admiration
  • S, Vol. 2: A Love Bite
  • Caged Slave
  • The Aristocrat and Desert Prince
  • Only the Ring Finger Knows: The Lonely Ring Finger (Only the Ring Finger Knows, #1)
  • Desire: Dangerous Feelings
  • ZE, Volume 2
  • Bónd(z)
  • Love Water
  • The Lonely Egotist

Don't Worry Mama Series (4 books)
  • The Man Who Doesn't Take Off His Clothes 1
  • The Man Who Doesn't Take Off His Clothes 2
  • 男の花道
The Man Who Doesn't Take Off His Clothes 1 Cold Sleep The Man Who Doesn't Take Off His Clothes 2 Castle Mango, Volume 2 (Castle Mango #2) Cold Light