Start by marking “Don't Worry Mama” as Want to Read:
Don't Worry Mama

Don't Worry Mama (Don't Worry Mama Series #1)

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  273 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
If you were stuck on a deserted island and you could pick one person to keep you company, who would you choose? For Yuichi, it would be anyone but his uncooperative, self-absorbed, good-for-nothing boss Imakura! But as fate would have it, the two are mistakenly left on a deserted island during an important research expedition. Yuichi would prefer to drown Imakura in the se ...more
Published June 8th 2006 by Digital Manga Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Don't Worry Mama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Worry Mama

Junjo Romantica, Volume 1 by Shungiku NakamuraTotally Captivated, Volume 1 by Hajin YooFinder, Volume 1 by Ayano YamaneThe Crimson Spell, Volume 1 by Ayano YamaneLoveless, Volume 1 by Yun Kōga
Yaoi / Shounen Ai / BL Manga
212th out of 503 books — 578 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleSpecial Forces by Aleksandr VoinovAt Swim, Two Boys by Jamie O'NeillCall Me by Your Name by André Aciman
Top 100 Gay Novels of the XXI century
248th out of 468 books — 456 voters

More lists with this book...

Honey
Apr 06, 2011 Honey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yaoi
This was a very unusual story and my opinions on it varied far and wide as I read it.

I think the best word to describe the first part of the book when the characters are stranded on the island would be disturbing. Yuichi’s physicial attraction to Imakura was gobsmacking. I couldn’t honestly understand how Yuichi was turned on by Imakura when he kept saying he was fat, wrinkled, had a quadruple chin and a thumb sized penis. There was absolutely nothing sexy about him and it made no sense.

Yuichi
Ryes
May 01, 2008 Ryes rated it really liked it
Don't Worry Mama is unconventional in at least one aspect. One of the characters is fat and he is mean-spirited.

Yuichi works under Imakura and the two of them are sent on a business trip to gather herbs on an isolated island. Yuichi didn't volunteer to go. Imakura chose Yuichi out of all the other employees because Yuichi is the only one that doesn't snicker or gossip about Imakura's weight and his overbearing attitude. The trip takes a disastrous turn when the boat that dropped them off at the
Jun
Aug 19, 2015 Jun rated it it was ok
Some parts of this book are very disturbing and unsettling, left me with a bad taste in my mouth,especially in the beginning of the book, i hardly liked any character and the way the book kept on going about how fat and "disgusting" Imakura was made me feel really sad and disturbed ... i was struggling through the first pages but nevertheless i completed the read .... i didn't really love this book i think its okay,The story was interesting ... and that's all there is to it.
Or_O
Oct 29, 2015 Or_O rated it it was ok
The first part is good and differ. I'm excited to know what happens next.
But, regretful, main point of book change to the other --such as lust...

Edgey Flowers
Aug 26, 2009 Edgey Flowers rated it liked it
RoughDraftHero
Yaoi novels are a mind trip. They're definitely yaoi, with ukes and semes and borderline to way over-the-line rape. But they're also interesting because you're let inside of the character's minds a whole lot more than with the comics, and these stock characters are fleshed out, their motives made more clear.

This one was ... hm. I liked that the uke didn't lose all of the weight, that was interesting. I expected the author to completely slim him down to a waif.
Bouvardia
Mar 25, 2009 Bouvardia rated it liked it
I thought this book was really cute. I was a bit disappointed at first with the two main characters. Their personalities were just irritating at first, but in the end I loved them both and it turned out to be a really good book. The art really left an impression on me for this book, not just the style but how the characters were shown/not shown (You'll have to read it to understand what I mean)

This is a yaoi novel that all yaoi novel fans should pick up.
Madeline (Gregs)
Sep 25, 2012 Madeline (Gregs) rated it did not like it
Jenre
Jul 22, 2010 Jenre rated it it was ok
Shelves: yaoi
Totally bizarre!
I think I liked the book better when it was from Imakura's POV as we see him trying to pull his life together. The first part on the desert island was... well...words fail me.
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
I don't even have the words to describe what I've just read lol. Err...in a twisted sort of way it has it's cute moments, I guess.
Reader17 Der
Oct 07, 2008 Reader17 Der rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yaoi-read
This was the first Yaoi novel that I read. I was amazed at how good it was. I really enjoyed reading this.
L.
Mar 21, 2009 L. rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
Absolutely horrific and riddled with grammar mistakes.
Saylin
Oct 05, 2010 Saylin is currently reading it
Monena Lamb
Nov 08, 2013 Monena Lamb rated it liked it
I love this story.
Cmvn
Cmvn marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Jibby Tamboline
Jibby Tamboline rated it liked it
May 09, 2016
Black Dragon
Black Dragon rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
alessandria n. shines
alessandria n. shines rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Shelby
Shelby added it
May 04, 2016
Sofiya Grg
Sofiya Grg is currently reading it
May 04, 2016
Levi Holguin
Levi Holguin marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Mengzheny
Mengzheny is currently reading it
May 01, 2016
Yokky
Yokky marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Jennifer rated it did not like it
Apr 19, 2016
SEDAT  NEZERLI
SEDAT NEZERLI marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Lizzz
Lizzz added it
Mar 31, 2016
Danae Sam
Danae Sam rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
  • The Guilty, Volume 01: Verdict
  • S, Vol. 2: A Love Bite
  • Eternal Love
  • Caged Slave
  • Sweet Admiration
  • Gentle Cage
  • Only the Ring Finger Knows: The Lonely Ring Finger (Only the Ring Finger Knows, #1)
  • Desire: Dangerous Feelings
  • Better Than a Dream
  • Bónd(z)
  • Secret Moon
  • Love Water

Don't Worry Mama Series (4 books)
  • The Man Who Doesn't Take Off His Clothes 1