Start by marking “That We Might Have Joy” as Want to Read:
That We Might Have Joy

That We Might Have Joy

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In a general conference address in April 1993, President Howard W. Hunter asked members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "How often do we think of the Savior? How deeply and gratefully and how adoringly do we reflect on his life? How central to our lives do we know him to be?"

Living a more Christlike life has long been a theme of President Hunter's mess...more
Published by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about That We Might Have Joy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That We Might Have Joy

Whitney
This took a while for me to finish because some of the chapters were so profound and moving I had to stop and really grab hold of what he was saying. Very powerful book. LDS or not, this has some amazing life applications and how to be joyful in the worst of times... At first I thought when I was done I would give it to a used bookstore, now I think I will keep it to refer back to when times are hard.
Karen
I would have enjoyed this much better if I hadn't waited till right before Book Review night - it took me 2 days where I wish I would've spent 2+ weeks with it. President Hunter was more of a scriptorian than I knew - loved how he pulled me into the scriptures.
Christi
Interesting read, good thoughts. I especially liked the use of the hymns and poetry. Some good background stories of the hymns--especially of Master, the Tempest is Raging. (p. 41)
Becky
I gained a real love and admiration for Pres. Hunter after reading this book. So much so. . . I did a book review on it, I wanted everyone to read it!
Fred D
Excellent series of essays by Pres. Howard W. Hunter. His faith, his testimony, and his love for everyone really come out beautifully in these essays.
Leilani
So good! So many inspiring insights by a prophet of God. Joy is all around us--we just need to see, feel and appreciate it. Great book.
Suzan
I love his teachings and his perspective on things.
Don Gubler
Who really knows what happiness is?
Amber
Love this book and this prophet!
Heather Collins
Heather Collins marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Tim Collins
Tim Collins marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
D.k.stone
D.k.stone marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Deborah Brunt
Deborah Brunt marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Julia Legian
Julia Legian marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Sieta Jacobsmeyer
Sieta Jacobsmeyer marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Emron
Emron marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Bryce
Bryce marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Seth Morin
Seth Morin marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Dan Earl
Dan Earl marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Caraleeall
Caraleeall is currently reading it
Aug 28, 2013
Jeremy Jones
Jeremy Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Teachings of Howard W. Hunter, Fourteenth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Families Making the Temple the Great Symbol of Your Membership: And, Being a Righteous Husband and Father; And, the Dauntless Spirit of Resolution Peace: Essays of Hope And Encouragement