Start by marking “T2: Rising Storm” as Want to Read:
T2: Rising Storm

T2: Rising Storm (T2 #2)

"Hunted for years, Sarah and John Connor have waged a grave battle to save humanity from destruction. They and they alone can keep the apocalyptic Judgment Day - the day when sentient machines move to destroy their human creators - from occurring. Aided by Dieter von Rossbach, an ex-counterterrorism operative who will eventually be used as the physical model for the T-101 ...more
Published May 27th 2003 by Harper Voyager (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about T2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about T2

10/9 - Thank goodness this was available at the library immediately following the conclusion of T2: Infiltrator. Unfortunately, I had to wait till this afternoon to actually get started because I had another, far less exciting book that had to be finished so I could return it to the library this morning. I got that finished last night, dropped it off after doing the shopping and now here I am with T2: Rising Storm and leftover meatball risoni for lunch. Sounds like a perfect afternoon break. To ...more
Jason Brown (Toastx2)
Oct 02, 2011 Jason Brown (Toastx2) rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The war between man and machine begins, but you don’t need to wait till the apocalypse to rock to your favorite jams.

As not-seen-on-tv, Harper Entertainment presents a special 2002 throwback collection: all the greatest hits of the Terminator saga all in one place! T2: Rising Storm features the best in contemporary junk sci-fi with hits from S.M. Stirling, and homage paid back to James Cameron and William Wisher, key-masters of the Terminator universe!

Bringing back hits from the 80′s and 90′s, T
The Cats Mother
The 2nd part of a trilogy set 6 years after the events of the T2 film, and ignoring the T3 story, this is about John Connor, now 16, and his mentor Dieter - the human model for the future Terminators - trying to stop Skynet from being created. I haven't read books 1& 3 but have ordered them on the strength of this as it was pretty good, and is faithful to the storylines of the original 2 films.
Steven
Jan 05, 2014 Steven rated it liked it
This is not as strong as the first one...it's a little strange, in that the antagonists seem to have plots, but the protagonists seem to just be wandering about/have vignettes instead. Wendy is poorly handled as a character (certainly John's relationship with her develops in a way that is impossible to believe). Ron Labane's whole plot thread seems to go nowhere; I guess it has *A* purpose but that purpose does not meaningfully contribute to the story. More importantly, Ron's timeline does not m ...more
Aaron
Apr 11, 2007 Aaron rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
For anyone who enjoys sci-fi set in the T2 universe this trilogy is a good read. This book talks about how skynet becomes self-aware, and the quest of the other 2 infiltrators from the first book, "Infiltrator" are on a quest to insure that this does happen, by any means necessary. It's definitely a good read as it talks about some of John Connors background from living in South America during his travels with his mother. I'm normally not a S.M. Sterling fan, but this book as well as the others ...more
Amy Andrychowicz
Mar 23, 2011 Amy Andrychowicz rated it really liked it
I gave it four stars because I love the Terminator story, but I debated on giving it three. The second book in the T2 series, this one was a little slower than the first one. I couldn't get into it as much. I also thought some of the things that happened were overly far-fetched so that was a bit of a turn off. But some major things happen in this book, so you can't skip it as part of the series. It ends with a major cliff hanger... so be sure you have book 3 ready to start reading right away.
David
Dec 25, 2012 David rated it liked it
Following on from the end of T2: Infiltrator, this novel continues the story started in that novel. The infiltrator of the previous novel may have been destroyed, but she has left behind 2 clones who continue her work, while Sarah Connor recuperates in military hospital from the wounds she received destroying it.

For the first portion of the story, then, John is out on his own with Dieter von Rossbach, rather than working with his mother. This allows the character to grow and mature somewhat, whi
Erik
May 20, 2014 Erik rated it it was ok
Not very well written. Story is only interesting at all if you're a Terminator fan. John and Sarah don't really feel like John and Sarah. Every part of the plot is based on extremely unlikely coincidences. Also pretty similar to T2: Infiltrator. Both books could have easily been combined into one without missing anything.
G.D. Vidrine
Jun 01, 2010 G.D. Vidrine rated it it was amazing
This trilogy should have been the T3 movie (or probably another series of movies) instead of the crap they actually filmed. I love this series, and have read it before. I've recently gotten back into T2, and wanted to read the series again. SO much better than T3!!
Rob
Dec 24, 2012 Rob rated it did not like it
Second of three in Stirling's Terminator series. Not nearly as good as the first novel. Lots of jumps in logic in this one (why are they returning to their house in South America? That is the most obvious place that the authorities would be looking... DUH!!) Will not be reading the third novel.
Justin Salisbury
Jan 25, 2011 Justin Salisbury rated it really liked it
A really good series for the Terminator Fan.
Jared
Feb 02, 2009 Jared rated it really liked it
An excellent read for anyone who loves the Terminator franchise. This is book #2 in a trilogy.
Chris
Sep 01, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Worth reading.
Ty Smith
Nov 19, 2013 Ty Smith rated it it was amazing
Excellent story and great read. I am an avid terminator fan so my opinion is bias. However, I believe this is a great story for an alternate universe
Tedi31
Jul 14, 2013 Tedi31 rated it it was amazing
Bought: July 14, 2013
Location: Fully Booked BHS
Price: P50
Joel
Jul 11, 2015 Joel rated it really liked it
An interesting continuation of the Terminator story. John and Sarah Conner continue their struggle with Cyberdyne/Skynet. Very enjoyable.
Jon Janes
Jon Janes rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2013
Nótt
Nótt rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2015
D. Redhawk
D. Redhawk rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2012
Henrik Rostoft
Henrik Rostoft rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Brad Carter
Brad Carter rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2011
Mindaugas
Mindaugas rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2012
Dave White
Dave White rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Mark Easter
Mark Easter rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Rebecca Navarro
Rebecca Navarro rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Mr M P Hall
Mr M P Hall rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Bob Shacklock
Bob Shacklock rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2008
  • The Ascent of Everest
  • Independence Day: Novelisation
  • Terminator and Philosophy: I'll Be Back, Therefore I Am
  • Crusade (Starfire, #2)
  • Fearful Symmetry (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #66)
  • Rising Son (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Exodus (Hellgate: London, #1)
  • Grantville Gazette, Volume I (Grantville Gazette, #1)
  • Predator: Big Game
  • Metamorphosis (#11)
  • Predator: Forever Midnight
Stephen Michael Stirling is a French-born Canadian-American science fiction and fantasy author. Stirling is probably best known for his Draka series of alternate history novels and the more recent time travel/alternate history Nantucket series and Emberverse series.

MINI AUTO-BIOGRAPHY:
(personal website: source)

I’m a writer by trade, born in France but Canadian by origin and American by naturalizat
More about S.M. Stirling...

T2 (3 books)