The Edible French Garden (Edible Garden)

The Edible French Garden (Edible Garden)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Learn how to grow & cook the classic vegetables of French cuisine, including endive, leeks, shallots, & celery in this volume of The Edible Garden Series written & photographed by one of the top garden writers, lecturers, & photographers in the country..
Published March 1st 1999 by Periplus Editions

Anju
Like the other books in Creasy's Edible Garden series, this is a combination cookbook and gardening book. I think of this as a good way to whet one's appetite, but it's not a comprehensive reference—except perhaps on how to grow blanched vegetables like Belgian endive and white asparagus. After reading her instructions, I've decided that blanching in the gardening sense is not something I plan on trying anytime in the near future. Reading this book did get me interested in learning more about po...more
Helen
Sometimes I buy cookbooks just to read. This is one of them.

The pictures are so amazing. It was like taking a trip to the french countryside without the jetlag.

The book includes how to grow a french garden (you never know when I'll decide I need to--I certainly want to if it can look like this!) and also an encyclopedia of the french garden for growing and preparing garden vegetables that are popular in France.

Yes, vegetable gardens can be beautiful. It's just someone forgot to tell Americans th...more
Tiffany
I love Creasy's edible landscaping series.
Seth
Seth marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Rosanna
Rosanna marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Constance
Constance marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2012
Felicia Staggs
Felicia Staggs marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2012
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Lusy
Lusy marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
May 20, 2012
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2011
Eithne
Eithne marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2011
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
May 29, 2010
Megami
Megami added it
Sep 06, 2009
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2009
Deborah Jacobs
Deborah Jacobs is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2008
Edible Landscaping The Complete Book of Edible Landscaping: Home Landscaping with Food-Bearing Plants and Resource-Saving Techniques The Edible Herb Garden The Edible Flower Garden The Edible Heirloom Garden (Edible Garden)