Start by marking “Boys Will Be Boys” as Want to Read:
Boys Will Be Boys

Boys Will Be Boys

A train ride home from a school field trip turns sinister when two kids spot a body on the tracks. A short story from Guys Read: Thriller, edited by Jon Scieszka.
ebook, Guys Read Library of Great Reading #2.9, 40 pages
Published September 20th 2011 by Walden Pond Press

To ask other readers questions about Boys Will Be Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boys Will Be Boys

Cleta
May 05, 2017 Cleta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a Mom, but...

I am a fan of James Patterson's and as a Mom and IEP Para Professional I like to encourage all of my "children" to read. For those who like a thrill that also provides a life lesson, this one is real good!
La'Jacinth
Interesting book written more for the teenager....i wish this book was around when my son was in school...I may have gotten him to read more.
Matt
Jul 16, 2013 Matt rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
A Patterson short story more geared to youth than anything. I have not read, nor am I itching to read the entire "Guys Read" compilation to see if the other stories are as wishy-washy as this one. I really asked myself, 'and the point to this story was...?' and could not connect the dots. Having read most of Patterson's other work, including some of his YA writing (Maximum Ride) I really found this lacklustre.

A group of boys are on their way to a field trip and come across some older (read: trou
Nickie
Mar 24, 2014 Nickie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novellette
Well for such a big named author this story lacked. I think the moral was that if you knew something that would help catch bad guys, to be a good citizen and help them get caught not get away with bad deeds. So close to the end, they still hadn't told the cops what they knew! If they had kept that to themselves I would have been very upset.
Paul Phillips
Aug 03, 2012 Paul Phillips rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Strange little story...while I understand that it is written for younger people, I don't really see what the actual point of the story was (I have read the Maximum Ride books, so I know his YA style of writing.)

Good on Mr. Patterson for supporting the "Guys Read" program, but I am pretty sure he could have written something just a little better.
Debra
Jul 07, 2012 Debra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-to
An audiobook less than 20 minutes...it was cute for it's own short story, but needs to be a chapter of a bigger story.
Not that there's anything wrong with a short story, but the ending didn't feel like an ending. It felt like it should have developed into something more.
Beautiful
Jul 20, 2015 Beautiful rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, it had me on the floor laughing so hard. this book is a short story about Fred & Will two best friends who think they've just witnessed a murder. this book is so funny, I mean you can really tell that if you listen to it.
Kris
Jul 05, 2013 Kris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great for the intended audience with a good lesson on telling the truth.
Stacie
Nov 05, 2016 Stacie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fred and Will do the right thing when they know the bad people who put a mannequin on the tracks. I feel bad for the driver, that would scar you for life.
Christy
Oct 16, 2013 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Terri
Terri rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2013
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2016
Alan Sarka
Alan Sarka rated it did not like it
May 11, 2017
Diane
Diane rated it it was ok
Dec 10, 2012
Adam Larkan
Adam Larkan rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2017
Paul Serowik
Paul Serowik rated it did not like it
May 07, 2014
Dave
Dave rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2013
B Nixon
B Nixon rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2012
James Cannuli
James Cannuli rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2017
Jerry Lamb
Jerry Lamb rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it did not like it
Aug 09, 2016
Dympna Holliday
Dympna Holliday rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2017
Mrs. Kenyon
Mrs. Kenyon rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2017
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2013
motti wolmark
motti wolmark rated it liked it
May 27, 2015
Sherrie
Sherrie rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Adam D
Adam D rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Mary Td
Mary Td rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
David
David rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2016
Willena Flewelling
Willena Flewelling rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Bermuda Shorts
  • SantaKid
  • The Lazarus Pit
  • Attack of the Tagger (Shredderman, #2)
  • Restless Giant: The United States from Watergate to Bush vs. Gore (Oxford History of the United States)
  • Lord Kirkle's Money (Beyond the Western Sea, #2)
  • Rebus: The Early Years (Inspector Rebus, #1-3)
  • The Crime Trade (Tina Boyd #1)
  • Maggie's Door (Nory Ryan #2)
  • Fallen Flowers
James Patterson is the CEO of J. Walter Thompson, an advertising agency in New York. He has written several successful fiction and nonfiction books, including The New York Times best seller The Day America Told the Truth.

More about James Patterson...