Start by marking “Immortal Eclipse” as Want to Read:
Immortal Eclipse

Immortal Eclipse

Skylar doesn’t believe in things that go bump in the night. Even after her ghost hunting uncle is inexplicably sliced up with a mosaic of eerie symbols carved on his chest, she moves into his spooky California estate to get logical answers.
1st edition, 380 pages
Published April 19th 2013 by Disenchanted Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Eclipse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Eclipse

Anastasia シ
Jul 06, 2012 Anastasia シ rated it it was amazing
**ARC was provided by the Author for an honest review**

Upon reading the synopsis of this book, I didn't know if this book would be humorous, action-packed, or mysterious. But as soon as i started reading the novel I was hooked! Immortal Eclipse is an action-packed, character driven novel that is guaranteed to give you goosebumps!

The main character is Skylar Blackwell. She was a fantastic protagonist, interesting to read about, she is kick ass, witty, and quite the fashonista! Her character in a
Indie Author Promotions
Jul 27, 2012 Indie Author Promotions rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fashion enthusiasts and lovers of chick-lit and suspensful murder mysteries
If you've ever wanted fashion, romance, and a dash of paranormal, mingled with a great mystery, than this will be a delicious read. I recommend this to readers that like darker paranormal mysteries with a dash of romance.

Even YA readers will enjoy this spooky tale of a snarky, twenty-five year old who tries to solve a murder mystery, but discovers a chilling secret instead....
Alycia
May 02, 2013 Alycia rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alycia by: Disenchanted Publishing
"Immortal Eclipse" is a fascinating paranormal mystery with a dash of horror and romance.

Skylar Blackwell is a fashonista and photographer in the industry who inherits her uncle's mansion in Carmel. Which couldn't have come at a better time, because Skylar's life seems to have a few changes in it. She didn't have much family left, but Skylar was a very compassionate character, with a lot of moxy, not just an empty-headed girl who loved designer shoes and purses. She decides to go to the mansion
Seirra
Apr 03, 2013 Seirra rated it really liked it
A review copy was provided for an honest review. Immortal Eclipse is an interesting paranormal mystery novel. I found it very appealing and appreciated the detailed writing style although it was a little too descriptive at times. The main character Skylar is daring and determined to find out the truth behind her uncle's untimely death. While I liked the protagonist it was difficult to completely relate to her—she's a little shallow (aren't we all though?), but also unbelievably stubborn in a Scu ...more
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Guest Reviewer - Cheryl:

I received Immortal Eclipse as an eBook for review on behalf Literal Addiction. I read the blurb and was really looking forward to it but have to admit that I tend to stay away from ghost stories and haunted house stories. But, I honor my obligations so I tucked in yesterday to see what this story had to offer. Skylar is a gifted photographer who has had photos on the cover of some of the best fashion magazines published. She also spends
ChattyKat
Apr 29, 2013 ChattyKat rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-from-author
Getting ready to re-read this one soon... and, it's a good fit for the Halloween season if you're looking for something with a spooky atmosphere.

This is a very well written mystery/ghost story with a few interesting twists on immortality.
Let's start with Skylar. Yes, Skylar is somewhat of a fashionista... her addiction to fashion is a good fit for her personality and photography career. And, thankfully the name brand and fashion talk did not overwhelm the story which is good. I've read books be
Kirsty Vizard
Jul 04, 2012 Kirsty Vizard rated it really liked it
Immortal Eclipse's female protagonist is Skylar, a city fashionista with a shoe fetish, not someone the reader expects to be moving to a supposedly haunted mansion by the coast. However, I think that Sherry Soule wants the reader to feel disturbed by her characters and setting, as this helps to build the suspense of the story.
Immortal Eclipse is in essence a ghost story with a romantic side-plot. Although the romance never replaces the main story, it does add to the atmosphere as Sherry Soule cl
Maria_Love_For_Books
Apr 30, 2013 Maria_Love_For_Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: ghosts
The author gave me this ARC of the book for an honest review.

I really didn’t know what to expect from this book after reading the blurb. I like a good mystery so I thought that I should give it a try. I’m glad I did it. Although, there were some things not perfect, it was a nice read and I enjoyed it.

The atmosphere in the book was exactly as it should be: spooky and mysterious. Sometimes I had the feeling that it was more like watching a movie than reading a book!

Skylar isn’t like other female
Casey
Apr 30, 2013 Casey rated it it was amazing
I would like to start off by saying I got completely sucked in by this book, I just wanted to continue reading so I could know what was going to happen! It was full of suspense and just when I thought I would get some answers the story took a new turn and kept me guessing. Skyler is a great character who I related with, especially her love for shoes although I wish I could afford some of the shoes she has! She learns so much about herself and grows to be a very strong person who is ready for any ...more
Lola (Reading by Lamplight)
Mar 05, 2013 Lola (Reading by Lamplight) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, arc
I am always down for a good paranormal romance. However, Sherry Soule combined PNR with a good haunted house story, which is just all kinds of amazing! I was hooked as soon as I started reading this beauty. Immortal Eclipse is an action-packed, character driven novel that is guaranteed to give you goosebumps! Skylar is a fantastic protagonist! She is kick ass, witty, and quite the fashonista. Her personality really comes alive when she arrives at Summerwind Mansion (which is a character in itsel ...more
a_tiffyfit
First, I should mention that I was gifted an electronic copy by the author in exchange for my honest review.

From the cover and title, I thought that this was going to be another vampire romance: immortal, eclipse (thought of a solar one at first). Then I thought, well maybe it's a werewolf story (immortal, eclipse this time lunar). But NO TO BOTH.

This is a haunted mansion story with ghosts and mystery and romance and violent deaths galore! Skylar is a feisty, fashion-obsessed NYC high-fashion
Kimberly
Mar 18, 2013 Kimberly rated it liked it
Immortal Eclipse by Sherry Soule offers paranormal elements, and a suspenseful murder mystery complete with ghosts, the occult and a side dish of romance. I found it to be a suspenseful, dark and haunting tale that I easily consumed. Three word review: suspenseful, eerie and strange.

The tale begins in New York City where we meet our protagonist Skylar Blackwell. She is a successful fashion photographer whose Uncle has recently died leaving her the Summerwind Mansion on the California coast. When
LadyTechie
Apr 29, 2013 LadyTechie rated it really liked it
I received Immortal Eclipse as an e-Arc for review on behalf Literal Addiction. I read the blurb and was really looking forward to it but have to admit that I tend to stay away from ghost stories and haunted house stories. But, I honor my obligations so I tucked in yesterday to see what this story had to offer. Skylar is a gifted photographer who has had photos on the cover of some of the best fashion magazines published. She also spends more than her fair share of money on designer shoes and cl ...more
Melissa
May 06, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
Warning - some spoilers but they are hidden

3.5 stars out of 5. I rounded up to 4 because of how clever the author was in this story.

The Good
1. Funny, smart and sassy heroine. Skylar is believable and her inner dialogue is hilarious.

2. Wicked good story. Lots of twists and turns and while you are suspicious....the ending and the big bad......very creative and shocking but satisfying. I usually figure out the ending early on but tricky tricky Ms. Soule.

3. Tortured hero. Sigh.

4. (view spoiler)
Liesl Biddell
May 07, 2013 Liesl Biddell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Urban horror and paranormal romance lovers
Shelves: kindle
Spine chilling page turner with a touch of romance!

This book had me ditching my housework to get to the next chapter. I was wonderfully frustrated by the ongoing mystery and teasers throughout that suggested I might get some insight on the next page. I loved that.

The action starts right at the beginning and Sherry gives you just enough time to catch your breath between 'events' to stop you feeling overwhelmed but keeps the pace going.

I dived into this book without reading the blurb so that I wo
Samantha
May 02, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
Shelves: para-romance
Immortal Eclipse by Sherry Soule is an engrossing read with many layers for a reader to enjoy. Skylar is a delightful main character surrounded by a fun and enduring supporting cast. Paired with an excellent plot that moves along well the story provides solid entertainment. Add in a charged romance and this book does an amazing job of blending genres resulting in something that appeals to readers of many different stripes.

An ARC of this book was provided for me to review.
Fashionable Booklover Reviews
May 03, 2013 Fashionable Booklover Reviews rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Fashionable by: ARC from publisher
I instantly bonded with the shoe-addicted heroine, Skylar! What girl doesn’t like cute, designer shoes? Could not put this book down until the end. I really loved reading about the very quirky, yet snarky and stylish heroine of IE! Scary, funny, and fashion forward! Go team Skylar!
Read the full review on my blog: http://bookloverfashionablereviews.bl...
☠ PNR Novel Review ☠
May 03, 2013 ☠ PNR Novel Review ☠ rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of horror, paranormal romance or supernatural murder mystery
Recommended to ☠ PNR Novel by: ARC from Disenchanted Publishing
“If you like supernatural suspense mingled with a dash of chick-lit (and some fashion fun!) and a healthy dose of paranormal romance, then fashionatas will love reading this book. No one is more kickbutt than a girl who can battle the supernatural in stilettos!”
Lalaine *myficbookreviews*
I am so intrigued with this book I want to read this now.
Colleen M
Apr 30, 2013 Colleen M rated it liked it
*I want to thank the Disenchanted Published for offering me this advanced reader copy in exchange for my honest review.

Skylar is a fashion photographer in Manhattan, except she is having a run of bad luck. Her last living relative, Uncle Gerard, has passed away leaving her a mansion in California. Shortly thereafter she loses her job and decides this is motivation she needs to head out and set her Uncle’s affairs in order… while also investigating the suspicious circumstances surrounding his dea
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review has been posted on Happy Indulgence Books. Check it out for more reviews!

Set in a haunted mansion inherited by cynical fashionista Skylar, Immortal Eclipse is a deliciously scary novel reminiscent of our favourite horror movies. I’ve watched many movies like it but never quite read a book like it, and as Skylar herself says, she’s not going to be one of those dumb heroines that get prematurely killed.

As she gets fired from her prestigious fashion photography job, she decides to inves
Suzanne
May 13, 2013 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
I received an e-ARC of this book in exchange of an honest review. Possible minor spoilers at the end.

I was excited to receive this book after I read the synopsis, because I do love a good paranormal mystery, one that isn't just sex, sex, and more sex (but more on that in a minute).

Enter our heroine, Skylar, in her apartment in New York. Something creepy is trying to get in, but her grandmother had painted protective symbols on the walls before she had passed away, so the creepy thing cannot get
Patricia
Jan 18, 2012 Patricia marked it as keep-in-mind
I put this on my "not yet released" shelf when it had another cover, another blurb, another everything. And when everything was changed, it got me very confused.

But still, back then, the cover was so pretty (you wouldn't believe it seeing the new one) and I just read the blurb while adding it to my shelves:

"I mean, come on. The blurb?? Nope. I'm reading it WHILE I'm commenting it, so please bear with me:

(view spoiler)
Connie
May 13, 2013 Connie rated it really liked it
First of all, I am not sure what genre this would fall into, because there are many facets to the story. These are just a few bullet points that I came up with: Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romantic Suspense, Mystery and even Humorous in places.

I thought the writing style was good, it just seemed to take forever to get where the action was. I was six chapters in and all I really new was Skylar liked fashion and especially shoes. Because that is not something that I know anything about, this was
Jilly
May 02, 2013 Jilly rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I enjoyed this story. From the beginning, it had a wonderful mix of suspense and mystery. I'm a fan of subtle and situational creepiness and I feel like this book delivered on that right up to the end.

Skylar was a good character. You sympathized with her situation from the beginning and felt the need to route for her goals as the story progressed.

I have to admit of the two men, it was blanantly obvious from the beginning which one was good and which one was not, and yet it was the method of the
Amber
Aug 26, 2011 Amber rated it it was amazing
Immortal Eclipse is full of darkness, deceit, and suspense. Love a book with mystery and a lil bit of romance than this is the book for you. Sherry Soule has her readers captivated straight from the start. This thrilling story will keep you on your toes and wanting more.

Skylar, a New York fashion photographer is about to be thrown in to a world she swears doesn't exist. After her uncle dies leaving her everything he owns, she moves to Summerwind leaving all she is behind. Once arriving at Summer
Joy
I give this 3.5 stars. After reading the story summary, I was intrigued by it 'cause mystery and suspense are just some of my favorite genres. This was generously gifted by Karen, the EIC of Disenchanted Publishing.

I liked the concept of the book but I found the pace a little slow. It picked up about halfway when I started to be engrossed. This is more of mystery and suspense; the scenes between Skylar and Dorian are a little chaste so it works for younger readers.

I'm not the type to spoil anyth
Heidi
Apr 15, 2013 Heidi rated it it was ok
Skylar Blackwell at twenty five is still struggling to hit it big. Just when Sky thinks she is going to land that big promotion, she is slapped in the face and fired. Frustrated, she returns to her empty apartment. Sitting on her table is an invitation from her uncle to visit him in California. Unfortunately, Sky's uncle died a few days ago. He apparently had a heart attack and fell of the cliff, but there were some unsettling marks carved into his chest that were supposedly self inflicted. Some ...more
Deelylah Mullin
May 15, 2013 Deelylah Mullin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-books-read
edit: Since the June 7, 2013 revision, I am changing my heat index to 3.5 out of 5, and my rating to 5/5.

Posted 5/21/13 at twimom227.com

Immortal Eclipse is Pet Semetary meets Picture of Dorian Grey meets Charmed. Three of this reviewer's favorites. Expertly written in first person, present-tense, Ms. Soule weaves the tale of Skylar, her great losses, and Dorian. Given that great personal loss has found them both, it's no wonder they're seriously attracted to one another! HEAT INDEX: 1 out of 5.
Grace Fonseca
Apr 26, 2013 Grace Fonseca rated it really liked it
A paranormal romance that was interesting to read and kept me entertained. One of the things that Sherry Soule has done is make the character of Skylar interesting and intriguing because Skylar starts in once place and ends up in a very different spot than what we thought would happen.

One of the things that I loved about Skylar is that she is in some ways a very stereo typical New Yorker and most New Yorkers are not the way that the writer portrayed, but was interesting to see because you get
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Favorite character? 1 6 May 07, 2013 12:23PM
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • My Avenging Angel (Angels and Demons #1)
  • Ghost Time
  • Mystique
  • Dark Angel (Dark Angel, #1)
  • The Little Woods
  • Enemy Within (Vampire Born, #2)
  • The Unquiet
  • Eternal Starling (Emblem of Eternity, #1)
  • Touching the Surface
  • Dark Companion
  • So Close to You (So Close to You, #1)
  • Ember (Ember, #1)
  • On the Fringe
  • Demons of the Sun
  • Sleight (AVRA-K #1)
  • Little Camp of Horrors (Mostly Ghostly, #4)
  • Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, #1)
Sherry Soule is an Amazon bestselling author, who lives with her family and two black rescue cats in Northern California. She’s always wanted to live in a world where sweatpants are sexy, cupcakes don’t make you fat, and she could adopt every homeless animal.

She writes young adult, new adult, and adult in urban fantasy, romantic comedy, and paranormal romance genres set in fictional places within
More about Sherry Soule...