Start by marking “Gluten-Free in Five Minutes: 123 Rapid Recipes for Breads, Rolls, Cakes, Muffins, and More” as Want to Read:

Revolutionary recipes for gluten-free foods and baked goods in mere minutes from a bestselling cookbook author (100,000 cookbooks sold).
Published July 12th 2011 by Da Capo Lifelong Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Gluten-Free in Five Minutes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gluten-Free in Five Minutes

Lia
Sep 11, 2012 Lia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gluten-free, food
There is a part of being gluten free that leaves a hole. Like when you need to make a sandwich or need a burger bun and you don't have the time or energy to do some real baking. Like when your kid is going to a party and needs to have her own piece of gluten free birthday cake so she doesn't feel left out. There just aren't many options when it comes to quick, cheap, easy breads and cakes. That's the hole this book fills. Using very basic ingredients and a microwave, I can have a quick cake or b ...more
Mamers
The recipes can't possibly be healthy, with a whole egg and a tablespoon of canola oil required for almost every recipe. This also means the bread tastes a bit eggy, but considering that you are able to make a hot dog bun in less than 5 minutes, it tastes pretty darn good. I recommend these recipes for last minute, "it's midnight and I forgot to make sandwich bread for school lunches tomorrow" types of emergencies. I should add that I really liked the cinnamon raisin bread using rice flour, toas ...more
Kirsti
I tried several recipes from this book and made them all with white flour instead. I know the author is interested in helping people who have gluten intolerance, but this is also a great cookbook for anyone who eats alone occasionally and who doesn't want to turn on the oven when it's hot out.
Brenda Lower
Nice to have things that quickly cooked in small portions, so I don't eat an entire cake in a day. But the textures are a little off for me. Tried a few and they were ehhh. Cakes were better than breads. Cornbread was not good.
Karen
Feb 20, 2015 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
This is good for small portions and cooking things in the microwave.
(That sentence sounds pretty sad.)
Joni
Jan 12, 2012 Joni rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
too many or most of the recipes use the microwave, that is not cooking GF to me.
ReadingWench
Sep 29, 2012 ReadingWench rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love that this cookbook has easy and quick recipes. Also, with either 1 or 2 servings for each recipe, it is perfect for the single person. I do wish it had more pictures.
Jennifer Honeycutt
Jennifer Honeycutt rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Tomyris
Tomyris rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2016
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Lizabeth
Lizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2013
Christie Koedel
Christie Koedel rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2012
Cynthia Cotterell
Cynthia Cotterell rated it did not like it
Mar 17, 2015
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2011
Dorcas
Dorcas rated it liked it
May 17, 2013
Andréa
Andréa rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2013
D W
D W rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Kathy Mckernan
Kathy Mckernan rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Jazz Cone
Jazz Cone rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2014
Mandi Murphy
Mandi Murphy rated it liked it
May 08, 2014
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Serena
Serena rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2012
Rosa Dale-moore
Rosa Dale-moore rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Joanne Rende
Joanne Rende rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Me
Me rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Terry Lunney
Terry Lunney rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Roben is a food writer, specializing in cutting-edge food science developments. Major breakthroughs include: how to make gluten-free food taste great, how to bake with single gluten-free flours, how to retain moisture in gluten-free baking, how to achieve great texture and moisture using just whole grain flours, and, most recently, developing fabulous recipes for the microwave!

Roben's diet is not
More about Roben Ryberg...