Start by marking “Norby: Robot For Hire (Norby, #3-4)” as Want to Read:
Norby: Robot For Hire (Norby, #3-4)

Norby: Robot For Hire (The Norby Chronicles #3-4)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Three cheers for Norby!

Norby's the bravest, most outrageous, most lovable robot ever to save the day. Along with his ever-faithful human companion Jeff, and a mischievious All-Purpose-Pet named Oola, the three blast off for interstellar adventure.

First the trio search for a missing princess. But things get a little out of hand when, after they find the princess, she is acc
Published February 1987 by Berkley Ace Books

To ask other readers questions about Norby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Norby

Dana
I picked up this 1985 book hoping I could recommend it to my nephew. It's written with an interest level for 12-year-old boys (as the main character is a young teen boy himself), but the reading level (and the small print in my paperback copy) made me think that not many modern 12-year-old boys would be interested. This book is actually the third and fourth story about the main character and his trusty robot Norby, so some of my initial difficulties picking up on the plot at the beginning could ...more
William Redd
I grew up reading the Norby comics that were published in Boy's Life Magazine, so I was fast to pick up a book that featured my favorite mixed-up robot. But for some reason, I never read the whole thing, so it's been sitting in my to-read pile for years, traveling from bookshelf to bookshelf, getting packed away with other unread books, just waiting for me to get back to it. Finally decided it was time.

The Norby series is definitely meant for a younger audience. The adventures follow young Jeff
Mandy
Friends, I will not lie. I wrote fan fiction about the Norby books in the 2nd grade.
John
Feb 28, 2011 John marked it as abandoned
Grade NC. Short novel.
David
David added it
Jul 26, 2015
Tauseef
Tauseef marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Liana
Liana marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Shelia
Shelia marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Denise Martyn
Denise Martyn marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Thomas Miller
Thomas Miller marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Gerald
Gerald marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Jun 21, 2015
Brandy
Brandy added it
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Prydain Chronicles (The Chronicles of Prydain #1-5)
  • The Boy Who Reversed Himself
  • Tomorrow's Children: 18 Tales Of Fantasy And Science Fiction
  • The Treason of Isengard (The Lord of the Rings, #3)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 7 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #7)
  • Inferno (Isaac Asimov's Caliban, #2)
  • 12 Books in 1: Andrew Lang's Complete Fairy Book Series. The Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Pink, Grey, Violet, Crimson, Brown, Orange, Olive, and Lilac Fairy Books. Traditional Folk Tales and Fairy Stories From Around The World.
  • The Mask of Destiny (Billionaire, #3)
  • Witch's Sister (Witch Saga, #1)
  • 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕 (後) (Haruhi Suzumiya, #11)
  • The New Dinosaurs
  • Penumbras (Middle School Magic, #2)
  • Tales Of Narnia: The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe/Prince Caspian/The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Also known as: Janet Jeppson Asimov, Janet O. Jeppson, J. O. Jeppson
Janet Asimov, who originally wrote as J.O. Jeppson, is an accomplished novelist and short-story writer who sometimes worked in collaboration with her husband, the late Isaac Asimov. Among the Asimovs' joint ventures as writers is the series of juvenile novels involving an endearing robot, Norby, and his young owner, Jeff Wells.
More about Janet Asimov...

The Norby Chronicles (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Norby, the Mixed-Up Robot (Norby, #1)
  • Norby's Other Secret (Norby, #2)
  • Norby and the Lost Princess (Norby, #3)
  • Norby and the Invaders (Norby, #4)
  • Norby and the Queen's Necklace (Norby, #5)
  • Norby Finds a Villain (Norby, #6)
  • Norby Down to Earth (Norby, #7)
  • Norby and Yobo's Great Adventure (Norby, #8)
  • Norby and the Oldest Dragon (Norby, #9)
  • Norby and the Court Jester (Norby, #10)
The Norby Chronicles (Norby, #1-2) Norby, the Mixed-Up Robot (Norby, #1) Norby Through Time and Space (Norby, #5-6) Norby and the Invaders (Norby, #4) Norby and the Lost Princess (Norby, #3)