Start by marking “Two Texas Hearts (McQuillen #2)” as Want to Read:
Two Texas Hearts (McQuillen #2)

Two Texas Hearts (McQuillen #2)

Kora Adams doesn't believe in curses, but she has known nothing but bad luck all of her life. Until the night a handsome stranger knocks on her front door. Winter McQuillen has inherited a sprawling Texas ranch--but the only way he can claim it is to have a wife--this very night. Now, Kora has to make a choice--turn Winter out of her home or take a chance on the ...more
Published July 1st 1997 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Two Texas Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Texas Hearts

Karen
Aug 20, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh so sweet. Our heroine an invisible mouse, hero formidable, harden rancher & the villains coming from a surprising quarter.

Kora Adams valued family above all. She worked hard, did anything to keep them together even though she'd been lead to believe her left handedness cursed her with witchin' luck forcing them move frequently.
Winter McQuille orphaned, found in a wagon was raised by a harsh man, Captain. Winter needed a wife as stipulated in Captain's will. Kora, an unconventional virgin w
Cissy
Dec 07, 2010 Cissy rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book! Beautiful love story! Both Kora and Win fell head over heals in love.
She fell in love with him and stuck with him through thick and thin. He LOVES her as well. Very well written story.
Clocklin locklin
Dec 28, 2010 Clocklin locklin rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I will be reading more, more, & more of her books.
Enas Ahmed
Oct 28, 2016 Enas Ahmed rated it it was amazing
as usual jodi thomas is a magnificient writer Jodi Thomas
Shirlene
Winter McQuillen was part Cheyenne. He was raised by his mother after his father was killed. His mother was then killed during one of Custer's raids. Winter was left as a child to face the world alone. He climbed aboard a wagon train for food. The wagon belonged to a man everyone called Captain Russell. Captain took Winter into his home and raised Winter as his son. Cheyenne's family was also killed in the same raid as Winter's mother and he followed Winter. Cheyenne also grew up on Captain's ...more
Dwayne
Jun 25, 2011 Dwayne rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book-copy
Reviewed @ Girls Without a Bookshelf.

Two Texas Hearts is my first J.T. read and I find this one very tender romance. That's to be expected in my case as it's been recommended from an Amazon thread that was about sweet & tender romances. Having said that, my impressions were that there were lots of conflicts and cattle (yes, cattles) in this book, but not enough romance for my liking!

As I've said, there's a lot of farm-related conflicts that affect our protagonists, and most were rather confu
Cherise
Tracyb
I have been reading quite a few of Jodi Thomas books in a row and enjoying them, but this one..... blah.
The main characters and the plot were OK. But were overwhelmed by the secondary characters, in particular the sister, I guess I appear to be in the minority here but I couldn't stand the character.
She made no sense she was supposed to be twenty years old and have had a hard upbringing. But she came across as a spoiled 14 year old (If she had been written as a young teenager I would have given
Virginia
Sep 11, 2016 Virginia rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
Great characters.
Maqluba
Jodi Thomas is usually my go-to for romantic western historicals but this one didn't do much other than "it was an okay read" for me. The story was a typical marriage of convenience trope (which I love) but the added annoying sister, and the kinda confusing heroine messed it up for me a bit. The hero was the typical gruffy yet soft-hearted rancher so not bad but nothing new, and the heroine was sweet and strong-but-shy type so once again not bad but nothing new.

I think I'm just overloaded with w
Titilope Akinnitire
Jul 26, 2016 Titilope Akinnitire rated it really liked it
The book was okay. If you're into romantic fiction, it'll probably be more
of your thing. I found myself more interested in the relationships between
the characters in the story more than I was in the actual story line.
The book's story is more old and western. The main character, Winter, finds himself
having to find a suitable girl to marry in order to keep his land, but he ends up falling in love
with her. Instead of taking the text to heart, I spent my time looking for all of the PG-13
pages, and
Jarizona
Jun 26, 2011 Jarizona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone liking Julie Garwood historicals
On my keeper list. I re-read often. Winter is all hero, Kora a is my kind of heroine mean she is a good person not exceptionally beautiful or brave or exception, but steady, strong and caring. The stories around them are of interest by themselves, but all ties together well. It's about doing what you have to do to keep what is yours and what you have to do to take care of those dependant on you and doing it well.
Michelle
Aug 24, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I loved the simplicity in reading this book. It was quite easy to get drawn into the pages. Beautifully written, romance with mystery. I liked the way clues were given along the way. I was able to step in the shoes of the different characters and see how they were interpreting things as well.
Mydearloverboy
Aug 18, 2012 Mydearloverboy rated it really liked it
feels like there could have been a bit more character development...had a lot of potential...I still don't see how she fell in love with him...he could have shown more consideration towards her..;p
overall, 3.9-4.0 stars;)
Debra
Jun 13, 2016 Debra rated it it was amazing
I have always enjoyed Jodi Thomas' books, but this one was especially good. Ms. Thomas brought her characters to life within their troubled differences, and did a great job of converting them into fine people. Great job!
Mara
Aug 09, 2016 Mara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical
Lovely romance. I'm not sure where the heroine's fear came from, it was totally out of character (and her history).
Bunga
Nov 15, 2012 Bunga rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cowboy
Buku yang luar biasa. JUARA!

Sepertinya saya bakal masukin buku ini sebagai salah satu buku favorit saya.
Mary23nm
Very enjoyable read.(view spoiler)
Carla
Aug 17, 2014 Carla rated it really liked it
Shelves: at-our-lib
In the middle of draons and war, this book caught my eye. So I read a wonderful sweet western romance. It was a nice respite. I will look for more from this author.
Barbara Longley
Sep 08, 2011 Barbara Longley rated it really liked it
Jodi Thomas never disappoints, but Welcome to Harmony is my favorite still, and Twisted Creek, oh, and...Eh, she's one of my favorites.
Michele
Aug 15, 2016 Michele rated it it was amazing
Again Thomas has done it. Kora and Win are people you can care about. A few surprises along the way and great secondary characters.
Sandra
I love reading Jodi Thomas books and she's good at what she does.

Nice H/h, nice secondary characters.
Sophia
Sophia rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Pam Gerber
Pam Gerber rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Nancy Wolfe
Nancy Wolfe rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2013
Ashly Mathew
Ashly Mathew rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Rids
Rids rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2013
Cathy Garza
Cathy Garza rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Betul
Betul rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Susan Tomlinson
Susan Tomlinson rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
  • Parting Gifts
  • Harper's Bride
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • His Secondhand Wife (The Copper Creek Brides #2)
  • The Promise of Jenny Jones
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: Historicals #3)
  • Short Straw Bride
  • In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3)
  • Pieces of Sky (Blood Rose, #1)
20273
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.
More about Jodi Thomas...

McQuillen (2 books)
  • Texas Love Song (McQuillen #1)