Start by marking “Safe Harbor (Provincetown Tales, #1)” as Want to Read:
Safe Harbor (Provincetown Tales, #1)

Safe Harbor (Provincetown Tales #1)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,360 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
A mysterious newcomer, a reclusive doctor, and a troubled gay teenager learn about love, friendship, and trust during one tumultuous summer in Provincetown. Reese Conlon, LtCol USMCR, is the new sheriff who has heads turning amidst speculation as to who will be the first woman to capture her attentions. Doctor Victoria King has been betrayed by love once and refuses to ris ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Bold Strokes Books (first published March 28th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Safe Harbor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe Harbor

And Playing the Role of Herself by K.E. LaneWaiting in the Wings by Melissa BraydenJericho by Ann McManHow Sweet It Is by Melissa BraydenThe Gravity Between Us by Kristen Zimmer
Best F/F Romance Books
33rd out of 663 books — 503 voters
Tropical Storm by Melissa GoodAbove All, Honor by RadclyffeWithout Warning by K.G. MacGregorHunter's Way by Gerri HillHonor Bound by Radclyffe
Best Lesbian Novel Series
7th out of 82 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Megzz
Jan 29, 2015 Megzz rated it it was ok
Shelves: vanilla, boring
I wanted to like this book, really I did! I've read some awesome books by Radclyffe and the reviews for this one were good. But she is not a sure thing either. Sometimes I find myself being completely annoyed by one of her stories, and this is one of those times!

I try not to rate books that I don't finish. But I still do.. because I think it says a lot about a novel when it can't keep a reader interested, or when it bothers the hell out of them from the beginning.

Because I seem to be one of ver
Serena
Apr 02, 2014 Serena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Radclyffe knows like no other how to build a romance at a rhythm that is realistic. You will get to know the characters little by little, and you you go along in the developing love story.

Okay, Radclyffe does not write the most original stories, when I look at originality, I would have to rate it 4 stars. But when I rate these kind of books, I take into account the feelings and emotions the writer is creating. And I believe Radclyffe is a master at that. Her books grow on me every time. I think
Monica
Apr 28, 2012 Monica rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Radclyffe's books! I find myself not wanting this series to end, I want to continue reading about these people. I don't usually like fiction but I will read ALL of Radclyffe's books....
Awallens
Jul 22, 2009 Awallens rated it it was amazing
Victoria King has been betrayed by love once and refuses to risk heartbreak again. Brianna Parker, the teenaged daughter of Reese's chief, fears her father's
wrath when he learns that she lov
Kennedy
May 15, 2016 Kennedy rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the characters, in particular Dr. Victoria King. Independent, feisty and dedicated to her patients. I also enjoyed the interaction between Tory and Reese. The care and concern for each others' well-being is a wonderful way to build romance and a relationship.
Anna Ball
Nov 11, 2011 Anna Ball rated it really liked it
What a prolific writer! So far, I'm more of a fan of the Provincetown series than the Honor series. Radclyffe definitely likes her main characters to have goddess like characteristics, which is a little bit cliché and seems to be the defining rule of all the lesbian series I've read so far. But she is a good writer, especially since she is churning them out like nobody's business.
Pricelessfem
Nov 20, 2011 Pricelessfem rated it it was amazing
Ok if you haven't read this book I am telling you that by the end of it you are going to find yourself completely inlove with Reese. My god this book was AWESOME!
Monica Burch
Feb 25, 2012 Monica Burch rated it really liked it
My favorite series by Radclyffe.
JT
Dec 07, 2007 JT rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
Has a lot of local references
Patrizia
Sep 01, 2012 Patrizia rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
Classic! Must read.
Emily Moore
May 27, 2011 Emily Moore rated it it was amazing
Kim Manke
Apr 15, 2013 Kim Manke rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Radclyffe especially the series books. After I finished the Justice Series I was hesitant to start another series because I fell in love with all of her Justice characters and I couldn't imagine transitioning into another series with different characters. After the withdraw from the Justice Series subsided,I finally took the leap and started reading the first book in the Provincetown Tales series. I absolutely love, love, love the Provincetown Tales, the characters, especially ...more
Diana
Jul 05, 2015 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was the start of a really good romantic storyline and series between 2 strong will,who had trust issues and lots of other stuff in their life but manage to end up having feelings for one another..then there's other characters in this town that has problems..nice story w/ lots of actions,recommend to ne1 for a good read
Catherine
Jul 12, 2014 Catherine rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, lgbtq
It's summer and time to read lesbian romances. I think that Sara recommended this to me numerous years ago and I am finally getting to that stack. As lesbian romances go, well done and readable. Usually I find myself repeating to myself, "seriously" did the author just write that, not with Safe Harbor. It is a fun read.
P. CLIFFORD
Oct 11, 2015 P. CLIFFORD rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little superficial!

Love this writer. Love that the series is set in P-town. Great characters. Good plot. I just felt the treatment was a little superficial. Also not sure I believe that someone who has never even dated could be so sexually intuitive and adept. Just me? Not my favorite.
Emily
Mar 01, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-ebook-audio
a contemporary lesbian romance set in Provincetown. I’ve had bad luck finding lesbian romance and erotica I enjoy, so I was pleasantly surprised by award-winner Radclyffe’s novel. A butch sheriff’s deputy (and veteran) and a doctor who has had her heart broken have both built fortresses around their emotions. There is certainly drama and suspense and moments of uncertainty. But like any good romance, love finds a way through it all.

And also, it made me want to do rowing (at the gym at least). :
Steven
Dec 31, 2014 Steven rated it it was amazing
This is exactly the kind of book I was looking for. It doesn't matter that the main characters are lesbian. I formed an instant emotional attachment to Reese and then to Tory. Their story make you smile and cry, what more could you want.
Elaine Burnes
Sep 06, 2010 Elaine Burnes rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesbian
I really needed this one after Red Audrey and the Roping. Perfect antidote to LIT-ra-chure. This is the first of her Provincetown series. She's true to the town, as far as I could tell (not being a local), though she mentions a town, Easton, which is not on the Cape. Maybe she meant Eastham. The sheriff's dept. is at the county level, not town, and we don't have townships, but minor points, allowed for literary license. Anyway, strong, silent cop meets strong, shy doctor. The usual happens. I ju ...more
Lacy
Aug 25, 2014 Lacy rated it it was ok
Lesbian romance novel that takes place in Provincetown. Embarrassing. But a page turner!
Wrangler64
Aug 15, 2014 Wrangler64 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series. Would love to take a vacation to Provincetown
Cat Voors
Good lesbian fiction. Loved it.
Paige Braddock
Dec 17, 2013 Paige Braddock rated it really liked it
I've been reading this series of Provincetown Tales and have really enjoyed them. Mostly I've enjoyed them because the characters are so likeable. You feel like you have a new circle of friends. This isn't a heavy book, just a nice Sunday afternoon lounging sort of read. Good sexual chemistry between the main characters too.
Stephanie
Jan 01, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
A great series, beautiful characters and a world that is built on and expanded with each novel. One of my favorite series to reread when I'm feeling like loosing myself in a book.
Fiona Andrews
May 29, 2015 Fiona Andrews rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Strong characters, great story. Makes you want to visit Providence and meet the locals!!!! Couldn't wait to read the rest of the series but keep coming back to this first one.
Susan
Nov 19, 2015 Susan rated it it was ok
Old fashioned and predictable. The butches are handsome and strong and the femmes are pretty and stronger. At least the Provincetown setting added to my enjoyment of the book.
Rufio
Oct 24, 2013 Rufio rated it it was amazing
My favourite series out from Radclyffes books. I came to love reading these characters through the twists and turns of their lives.

5/5
Brandi Hines
Dec 13, 2013 Brandi Hines rated it really liked it
something about this book just drew me in, I couldn't put it done for a couple of days until it was finished!!
Svetlana (Avseneva)
Jan 23, 2016 Svetlana (Avseneva) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Liked that book a lot. Looking forvard to read 2d part as well!
Hopers03
May 11, 2013 Hopers03 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this one. innocent and totally unrealistic.
Asia
Feb 06, 2014 Asia rated it it was amazing
I love this entire series
  • Battle Scars
  • Hunter's Way (Hunter, #1)
  • Without Warning (Shaken, #1)
  • The Devil Unleashed (Cain Casey, #2)
  • Hunter's Pursuit
  • Wasted Heart
  • Hurricane Watch (Dar and Kerry, #2)
  • None So Blind
  • The Midnight Hunt (Midnight Hunters, #1)
  • Jericho
  • Backwards to Oregon
  • Beginnings (I Found My Heart in San Francisco, #2)
  • Madam President
19666
Radclyffe has written over forty-five romance and romantic intrigue novels, dozens of short stories, and, writing as L.L. Raand, has authored a paranormal romance series, The Midnight Hunters. She has also edited Best Lesbian Romance 2009 through 2015 as well as multiple other anthologies. She is an eight-time Lambda Literary Award finalist in romance, mystery, and erotica—winning in both romance ...more
More about Radclyffe...

Provincetown Tales (7 books)
  • Beyond the Breakwater (Provincetown Tales, #2)
  • Distant Shores, Silent Thunder (Provincetown Tales, #3)
  • Storms of Change (Provincetown Tales, #4)
  • Winds of Fortune (Provincetown Tales, #5)
  • Returning Tides (Provincetown Tales, #6)
  • Sheltering Dunes (Provincetown Tales, #7)