Start by marking “Zap! I'm A Mind Reader (The Zack Files #4)” as Want to Read:
Zap! I'm A Mind Reader (The Zack Files #4)

Zap! I'm A Mind Reader (The Zack Files #4)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  190 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Who'd have thought mind reading could be such a pain? I mean, I expected to discover everyone's silly secrets. But someone is planning something very strange--and it's no joke
Published August 6th 1996 by "Grosset & Dunlap" (first published August 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Zap! I'm A Mind Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zap! I'm A Mind Reader

Joshua Vasquez
Oct 16, 2012 Joshua Vasquez is currently reading it
What i like about this book is that when i read it i can feel like i was reading people minds. This book can help a lot of kids to know how reading minds is not always the best power.
Julie Decker
Zack is a regular kid, but his situations are anything but ordinary. This series with lots of light intersections into the paranormal, supernatural, and fantastical is good for an occasional, not-too-serious laugh. In this one, Zack gets an electric shock and suddenly is able to hear thoughts, but he can't tell who/where they're coming from, so when he hears a mental voice bent on death and destruction, he doesn't know how to investigate or who to tell.

The books are short, easy to read, and ful
Anthea smith
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! ...more
Bdalton
Zack is 10 year old who lives in New York City and attends a boy's school. He electrocutes himself in science class and voila! can read minds. The creepy thing is that he hears someone saying things like "Kill this one when the time is right. I crave the taste of blood." Zack tries to uncover the murderer without becoming the next victim!

The writing is fast paced. The characters are sympathic. The humor is low-key. This book is number 4 in the series and it was enjoyable without having read the
Lindsay
This is a funny book. It tell you a story about how Zack became Mind Reader. He was doing an experiment in science class. While he was doing the experiment he did something you should not do when your hands are wet. I do not want to give away how and what happens to him.

This teaches you about science a bit and it also teaches you that you should not do. It is an educational and great for Children and young readers.
Kathleen
I love The Zack Files, and my students do, too. These are great quick reads for boys and girls who need high-interest material that's more accessible for struggling readers. I'm reading these with 3rd and 4th graders that are reading .5-2 levels below grade level, and my husband read them with a 3rd grade boy several years ago, and all the kids were completely psyched every time they get a new volume. Highly recommend them.
Swankivy
Being the kids' department head when I worked at a bookstore, I saw these books a lot in my chapter books section and decided to see if they were any good so I could decide whether to recommend them to others. They had a surprising amount of somewhat off-color jokes in them, but other than that they were cute but nothing super-special. I just read a few during my lunch break; they take about ten minutes to read.
Leeldoo
A note to parents. We read this with our Kindergartener and had to heavily edit parts of the story. Topics of Divorce, "psychopathic murderers," work done in a morgue, and phrases like "Kill, Kill, Kill." needed toned down for our sensitive K reader. He did enjoy the story, just be mindful of topics and language that you kids may be sensitive to.
Carol
This is the first book I've read in The Zack Files series.

The book is very funny and weird, especially the part Zack tries to find out who the killer is in the classroom when all the lights go out. The eerieness of the plot motivates one to keep reading until the story ends.
Kassandra
Oct 10, 2007 Kassandra rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lorena estrada
This book is about a bot who got electrafied and ever sence that happen he could read eveybodys mind .And he trys to prove it to his father but he can't believe it .So he finds a mystery very strange about this men or women who is trying to kill someone .....TO BE CONTINUE!
Ratforce
The Zack Files (now up to 30 titles in this series!) are adventurous and off the wall stories about a 10 year old boy who just can't seem to stay out of trouble. For a science fiction themed book, try Zap: I'm a Mind Reader (#4 in the series).
Ratforcekids
The Zack Files (now up to 30 titles in this series!) are adventurous and off the wall stories about a 10 year old boy who just can't seem to stay out of trouble. For a science fiction themed bok, try Zap: I'm a Mind Reader (#4 in the series).
Agitated_alphabet
My first chapter book. I read it waaaay back in the first grade and fell in love with reading. This book made me insatiable for new reading material; a problem that I still face today at 20 (and thoroughly enjoy).
Bryan Schmidt
Needed a bit more plot and substance. Kind of lacking in middle act and weaker for it. A couple more scenes would have vastly improved it but still solidly written and enjoyable.
Andd Becker
Science is 5th grader Zack's favorite subject in this book featuring fast-moving text by Dan Greenburg and excellent illustrations by Jack E. Davis.
Kristine Pratt
An electric shock gives Zack the power to read minds. Um...don't try this at home!
Mary Ann
Jan 26, 2008 Mary Ann rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginning readers
My boys loved this whole series when they were beginning to read.
Taj B
I LOVE THIS BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!! I ALWAYS READ THESE BOOKS
Olivia
I think that this book is funny.
Anuuj Singh
In a small book there was suspence
Coral
Was funny!!
Wendy
series, Level M
Zayy Stafford
Zayy Stafford marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Benz
Benz marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
  • Make Way for Dyamonde Daniel
  • Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa
  • How Oliver Olson Changed the World
  • Alone in His Teacher's House
  • My Name Is Maria Isabel
  • Sticks and Stones
  • Mercy Watson Fights Crime (Mercy Watson #3)
  • Kaya and Lone Dog: A Friendship Story (American Girls: Kaya, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • The Most Beautiful Place in the World
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Walk the Dog
  • The Journal Of Biddy Owens, Birmingham, Alabama, 1948
  • Precious and the Monkeys
  • The Amish Bride (Women of Lancaster County #3)
  • The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #5)
  • Da Wild, Da Crazy, Da Vinci (Time Warp Trio #14)
DAN GREENBURG BIO

BOOKS:
Dan's 73 books have been published in 24 countries.
His adult best-sellers include EXES, LOVE KILLS, HOW TO BE A JEWISH MOTHER, HOW TO MAKE YOURSELF MISERABLE, and HOW TO AVOID LOVE AND MARRIAGE. How to be a Jewish Mother sold several million copies. It and How to Make Yourself Miserable were in print for 30 years and were on Publishers Weekly’s list of all-time bestselle
More about Dan Greenburg...

The Zack Files (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • Through the Medicine Cabinet (The Zack Files #2)
  • A Ghost Named Wanda (The Zack Files #3)
  • Dr. Jekyll, Orthodontist (Zack Files #5)
  • I'm out of My Body...Please Leave a Message (The Zack Files #6)
  • Never Trust A Cat Who Wears Earrings (The Zack Files #7)
  • My Son, the Time Traveler (The Zack Files #8)
  • The Volcano Goddess Will See You Now (The Zack Files #9)
  • Bozo The Clone
  • How to Speak Dolphin in Three Easy Lessons (The Zack Files #11)
The Onts (Secrets of Dripping Fang, #1) Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1) Treachery and Betrayal at Jolly Days (Secrets of Dripping Fang, #2) Through the Medicine Cabinet (The Zack Files #2) The Vampire's Curse (Secrets of Dripping Fang: Book Three)