Christmas Wishes

Christmas Wishes

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,458 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Christmas Letters
Katherine O'Connor (known as K.O.) adores her five-year-old twin nieces; and strongly objects to her sister's plans to dispense with Christmas. Zelda is following the theories of child psychologist Wynn Jeffries, author of The Free Child (and, as it happens, K.O.'s neighbor). K.O. is particularly horrified by his edict to "bury Santa under the sleigh," and...more
Mass Market Paperback, 427 pages
Published October 16th 2007 by Mira

Meg ♥
This book was great. I have read many Christmas books this month, and this was the best (in my opinion).

I loved the plot. Dr. Jeffries wrote a book about raising children, and how he believes you should do away with Santa...When Katherine hears about this she rages. When they meet they laugh, argue, love and fight. The story was sweet, the characters were fun, and the little details would be sure to get you in the Christmas spirit if you weren't already. Also, some parts were very funny!

This was...more
Andrea O'Brien
"Christmas Letters" by Debbie Macomber. Macomber is the queen of heart warming stories but I feel like I missed out on something here and I am really not sure what it was. I liked the characters, especially K.O, and I appreciate that the conflict was solved without it being a mess of who was right and who was wrong but I felt like there was something missing between K.O and Wynn. A lack of chemistry between them - a passion (for the lack of a better term) that was not present.

However, I did li...more
Hannah
Review originally published on my blog: Snuggle Up and Read (http://nurseatkins.blogspot.com/2010/...)

I enjoyed reading this Christmas book by Debbie Macomber. It contains two short novels, both of which were fun. I read this book for my Holiday Challenge, which is a perfect way for me to start the Christmas season.

Christmas Letters was a fun novel with many different laughs in it. K.O., the main character, has a small side business writing humorous Christmas letters. She made me laugh out loud....more
Romancing the Book
In this two story novel from Debbie Macomber, the reader is treated to a Christmas story and a feel-good story that is enjoyable at any time of the year (although threw me a little since I was expecting another Christmas themed tale).

"Christmas Letters" is about Katherine and Wynn. Wynn is a psychologist who wrote a best-selling book on child rearing that Katherine's sister just loves. Katherine wants to prove Wynn's theories wrong, but as they spend time together they have trouble ignoring the...more
Michelle
Katherine O'Connor (known as K.O.) adores her five-year-old twin nieces— and strongly objects to her sister's plans to dispense with Christmas. Zelda is following the theories of child psychologist Wynn Jeffries, author of The Free Child (and, as it happens, K.O.'s neighbor). K.O. is particularly horrified by his edict to "bury Santa under the sleigh," and she's out to prove that Wynn and his ideas are full of?snow. He's not going to ruin her nieces' Christmas! Too bad the guy's so darned attrac...more
Dev
Rainy Day Kisses:

When I started reading this, I felt like it was dated. I had thought this was a new story, but that it takes place 17 years ago, so I was pretty forgiving for a short amount of time….until I realized that this is a reprint and is not a new book at all.

Also, it was marketed as a Christmas book ~ and it’s not. I was very disappointed. The whole Christmas Eve thing was just thrown in there and it didn't even belong! The romance didn't even happen at Christmas time.

I really liked th...more
GoldenjoyBazyll
This book has two stories in it and both are equally as cute. The first is about a woman whose sister reads a parenting book and goes over the deep edge implememnting everything she thinks she is reading- to an extreme- No Christmas Tree/ No Santa/ No nothing. The woman happens to meet the author and sparks fly. She challenges his theories by inviting him to her sister's for the weekend so he can demonstrate the effectiveness of his ideas on her neices. What follows is sheer mayhem!

The second st...more
Heather Chandler
I thought this was a cute christmas book. As a mother it is interesting sometimes the things we do or the things we hear our friends do. The one thing I have learned is you can't tell a mom that she is doing the wrong thing without really hurting her feelings. Yes, I learned the hard way! Anyway, part of this story is about just that! A mom thinking that she is doing the best thing for her kids and it really backfires on her. She has read a book (I know some of you are really starting to laugh b...more
casey
Dec 17, 2007 casey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: easy holiday readers
I really like this book so far. Very easy to read and very predictable, but very cute and a lot of holiday sprit. I have only read the first story (there are 2) and just started on the second one, but that won't take long to read, probable about a week.
This lady needs to update her characters looks but other then that I really liked this book. I am almost tempted to email this author and let her know she is a couple decades behind in fashion, hair styles, and what women are looking for in a han...more
Natalie
This book actually contains two different stories, Christmas Letters and Rainy Day Kisses. I'd give 3 stars to the first and 2 to the second. I've seen a couple of cute Hallmark movies based on Debbie Macomber's books (Mrs. Miracle and Call Me Mrs. Miracle), so I thought I'd try one of her Christmas books. It's amazing how often their social gatherings revolve around drinks or coffee, so much so that my attention was really drawn to that fact. LOL - I guess I'm used to gatherings that revolve a...more
Sasha
Wonderful love stories that are sure to stir up some emotions. Really recommend it for anyone into romance!
Linda
Two stories in this book -- the first is Christmas Letters. Katherine writes Christmas letters for those who are unable to do so or don't have the time. In helping out her neighbor, she is introduced to Wynn, another neighbor and also a distinguished author of a child-rearing book. Although attracted to each other, Katherine is strongly opposed to his views. The second story is Rainy Day Kisses and is about Katherine, an executive with her eye on moving up the corporate ladder. Once she has met...more
Karen
Donna Allen
There are two stories...Christmas Letters and Rainy Day Kisses
Andrea Corley
I thoroughly enjoyed both stories included in this book. They were both lighthearted and touching and perfect to get you in the Christmas Spirit. They were both short, easy reads!

I believe that both stories really has great character development and story lines that kept you interested and involved and rooting for the main character! They were both charming stories with great but realistic romance.

If you looking for a breathe of fresh air and something to get you in the Christmas spirit, then l...more
Melissa
I lost my fiance 7 months ago to a car wreck so reading all these romantic books have a way of getting to me but one thing I keep learning from them, and especially this one is that no matter how you have charted your life, you can still find love. It makes me realize that even though my heart was shattered and I feel deep down that I'll never find real love again, I know that I can. These were two really wonderful stories by Debbie.
Jo
Dec 04, 2007 Jo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: christmas, fiction
This book has 2 stories of about 200 pages each. Bost are set in Seattle. The first one, Christmas Letters was released last year by itself as one of her small hard back Christmas book. It is on Blossom St., with all the charecters, and many new ones.
The secound story was also set set in Seattle, but no Blossom St. connection. The details of the story where warm and fuzzy in DM Style, and vary believable for Seattle.
Loraine
This should actually count as TWO books, since it's two stories in one volume. So, there was Christmas Wishes and Rainy Day Kisses. They were both pretty good, but I thought the writing lacked a little something. I'm not sure what . . . except there were areas that weren't quite up to par, I guess is a good way to say it. The stories were cute, and very predictable. But fun to read for Christmas.
Ani
Oct 07, 2009 Ani rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ani by: No one
I've read a few of Debbie Macomber books previously and who doesn't like books centered around Christmas so I thought why not and borrowed the book from my mother in law.

There are two stories combined into one book.

I liked the second story better than the first because I felt the main character in the first story was rather whiny.

It is an easy yet amusing read around Christmas.
Laura Beasley
This book was really two books in one. The first story was Christmas Letters and the other one is Rainy Day kisses. Both are sweet love stories but not much substance to the story. Quick, light read but were enjoyable. Boy meets girl, they are attracted to each other, then there is some conflict and then they get together. Nothing new or exciting to the story. Good stories for Christmas time.
Paulette Garza
I read this book for a book club. It was reminiscent of a Harlequin romance novel. Two stories in one was cute but I could guess that that the love interests were going to end up together. But I did research other books by the author and was pleasantly surprised with her other works. So I am grateful that one "not so good" book led me to the authors other more interesting books.
Caro
This book was pretty good. I liked it and would read it again, but more for passing the time or a cuddle-up/rainy-day read. The emotions were well written and the characters were great. Rainy Day Kisses had a great ending too. I couldn't put it down until it was finished. It was outrageously funny and sweet at the same time. Enjoy
Kathryn
Ah, Debbie's books are always a fun easy read with a happy ending. She finds great storylines to follow and I always love her books. If you haven't read the first story in this book, Christmas Letters, you should, it's really funny. The second story isn't about Christmas, Rainy Day Kisses, but hilarious...
Michelle
I already read the first story "Chistmas Letters" so here's my review on "Rainy Day Kisses". It wasn't really a Christmas story, which is the reason I chose it. The plot was a cute little romance. LOTS of kissing but it didn't get beyond that. I'm learing to expect that from Debbie Macomber.
Logan
The only way Rainy Day is related to Christmas is by the prologue and epilogue, and I think that is pretty weak. I liked the actually story, though. Letters is a little better, Christmas is a theme, but it it still more about their relationship than Christmas.
Michele
Since I'm only 4 books away from my 2011 goal of reading 100 books, I started looking for cheap and quick reads for my nook. I started this one yesterday and finished it this morning. Now I think I only have 3 more to go!
Becca
I liked this one, too. It was different than the other ones. There was alot more physical romance; nothing inappropriate. it's ok to have hopes an dreams for yourself, and it's okay to be flexible while living those dreams
Amber
this was a cute book I like how see has used the same setting in this book as here Bloom Street books. I also enjoyed the 2nd story a lot because it explain how a couple met that is talked about in the Bloom Street books.
Jamie
Christmas Letters: I wasn't very into this story. I think the main characters lacked chemistry.

I liked Rainy Day Kisses a lot better than Christmas Letters. It wasn't much of a Christmas story though.
Jeanette
This is a two in one book. The first story almost made me stop reading but with it being Debbie Macomber I knew it could only get better which it did. Not a fav book but I enjoyed it at the end.
  • The Christmas Promise (Christmas Hope, #4)
  • Snow Angels
  • The Christmas Shoppe
  • Light of Christmas
  • How Mrs. Claus Saved Christmas
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Snow Globe
  • The Christmas Tree
  • A Christmas Promise (Cape Light #5)
  • Holiday in Stone Creek: A Stone Creek Christmas\At Home in Stone Creek
  • Harlequin Historical Christmas Stories 1990 (MacGregors #7)
  • A Christmas Secret (Christmas Stories, #4)
  • A Chesapeake Shores Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #4)
  • An Amish Christmas: December in Lancaster County
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)