Start by marking “Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)

Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4)

3.7  ·  Rating Details ·  1,074,873 Ratings  ·  44,018 Reviews
To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, she has endured a tumultuous year of temptation, loss, and strife to reach the ultimate turning point. Her ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 756 pages
Published August 2nd 2008 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Dawn, please sign up.

Kaitlynn Mino Well if you haven't read the 4th book of the twilight series. READ THE BOOK. Because when Marcus said that the wolves were werewolf Aro told him that…moreWell if you haven't read the 4th book of the twilight series. READ THE BOOK. Because when Marcus said that the wolves were werewolf Aro told him that they were actually shape shifters and the animal could be any animal a bear, a fox, or a snake.(less)
Lora Swafford He imprinted on her. Which he has no control over, that's why he loved bella so much. All of this made sense to him once Bella had Renesmee. When you…moreHe imprinted on her. Which he has no control over, that's why he loved bella so much. All of this made sense to him once Bella had Renesmee. When you imprint on someone, it's not as much as a falling in love, as it is wanting to be with that person forever, and wanting to protect them and make sure they are safe. And it's not "EW" he isn't going to do anything until she is A LOT older. He will be like an older brother to her until she is older. (less)
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerEclipse by Stephenie MeyerFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
The Worst Books of All Time
6,414 books — 17,457 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerThe Host by Stephenie MeyerThe Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann ShafferCity of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Best Books of 2008
1,551 books — 6,860 voters

More lists with this book...

Karene
Dec 22, 2013 Karene rated it did not like it
Jenne
Jan 11, 2014 Jenne rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
oh yes, so VERY many spoilers! and unladylike language, sorry.

p.1: god help me. Here we go.

p.8: yep, Edward is already "going overboard" protecting Bella.

p.20: Her parents think it's a good idea for her to marry this weirdo at 18? They never think ANYTHING is a good idea.

p.33: Vampire babies! creepy! in a good way.

p.58: Jacob!

p.72: I swear Bella never just goes anywhere, you always have to DRAG her like a toddler.

p.85: I think they just had sex!! OMG!!

p.86: now of course we have to suffer throug
Annalisa
Dec 22, 2013 Annalisa rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: girls who like a happy ending at all cost
I was so disenchanted with Eclipse I wasn't excited for this read, but I had to know how it ends. I held off judgment in hopes that the conclusion would redeem the series. The verdict? Hard-to-swallow soap opera. A car crash you can't stop staring at in hopes that something salvageable comes out of the wreckage. But nothing does. So bad I started taking notes on all the plot holes because I couldn't keep track. What happened to the story that captured the hearts of girls everywhere?

You can't fal
Jillian
Dec 26, 2013 Jillian rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to spoon their eyes out
Janae
Jan 03, 2014 Janae rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Die-Hard Twilight Fans, not appropriate for young teens.
Natalie Monroe
Robert Pattinson hates Twilight so much, it's hysterical.

Interviewer: “Millions of Twilight fans, they cannot wait to see this, it’s almost heartbreaking because they don’t want it to be over. It’s a little bittersweet, isn’t it?”

That look on his face is pure, unadulterated joy.

And let's not forget this:

From the mouth of the guy who plays him.

Or these:

And of course, the rest of the cast:

James
Feb 14, 2014 James rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-fantasy
Reviewer update Aug 2009: I have demoted the book from 5 to 4 stars. My confession/explanation is at the end of the original, unedited review.
___

Yes, I gave it 5-stars. This is partly because I was so pleased by it compared to the last two books in the series that I overreacted. But I also approve of her approach to the book and have rated it so highly in order to counteract those reviewers out there who hated it because they felt Bella was a bad example to young girls.

***THESE TWO PARAGRAPHS SP
SR
Page 318 - Had her body changed because she was a werewolf? Or had she become a werewolf because her body was wrong? The only female werewolf in the history of forever. Was that because she wasn't as female as she should be?

Okay, it's always been obvious that the only things Smeyer finds important in life are marriage and babies, the younger the better, but what the fuck, y'all. I am beyond disgusted at this. (edit - this is kind of unclear, mostly because at the time of typing I was too angry t
Lissa
Dec 27, 2013 Lissa added it
This is a direct quote from Seth, Stephenie Meyer's brother and the person who runs her website.

"In an attempt to keep the books clean and not make young girls think about things that they don't need to think about, no other book mentioned anything about reproductive systems."

Hear that, girls?

You're not supposed to think about things.

Especially not sex.

Don't think about sex. Ever.

Or you will be thinking about things you shouldn't be thinking about.

Don't think about boys. Thinking about boys lead
Abby
Dec 22, 2013 Abby rated it did not like it
Ann
Dec 26, 2013 Ann rated it did not like it
Teresa
Jan 07, 2014 Teresa rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People that would jump off a bridge just to meet Edward
****For you dumbasses people that look up to Bella Swan and think she's an inspiration (if such people exist in the world), read this:

12 Things That The Twilight Series Taught Me

1. It's okay to abandon your parents after graduation (literally)

2. When a vampire wants to kill you, hide out on a mountain and run for your life while your boyfriend's family fight to protect you.

3. It is the most romantic and beautiful thing in the world when a guy you barely know oils your bedroom window to watch yo
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Lauren
Dec 19, 2013 Lauren rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Denys L.H.
Dec 26, 2013 Denys L.H. rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: crackheads
The last book of the series. You would think this would all get better, eh? It hasn't for the most part. But yeah, there is a happy ending (no doubt about it). Yeah, they DO IT (Bitchface and Edtard). Yeah, Bella turns into a vampire. How come I'm not surprised? The novel ended all too neat and too predictable. But in the middle of the book, there was a whole load of unfortunate and turning events going on. And no, I didn't see THAT one coming...

In the beginning of the book, Bella is bitching (o
Meredith
Dec 22, 2013 Meredith rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: a masochist and a moron
Recommended to Meredith by: I'm going to shoot them in the face
Shelves: ya
Manny
There's a nice progression here, anyway. I lent Twilight to Cate-across-the-road; we gave her New Moon as a present, and she lent it back to me; most recently, she bought Eclipse, and I borrowed it after she finished. I suggested to her father that the logical next step would be for me to sneak in through her bedroom window and steal Breaking Dawn. I'm not entirely sure he found this funny.

____________________________________________

I am shocked, dismayed, not surprised at all to discover from U
Cait • A Page with a View
Sep 18, 2016 Cait • A Page with a View rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal
WHAT. No, seriously, what just happened. Like the entire book (and series) built up to this huge final battle. They're all lined up ready for some epic fight and then... (view spoiler)

It just kept fading to black any time something remotely interesting could've happened. This might be the most anti-climactic ending I've ever found.

Plus, most of t
Rainbow
Jan 09, 2014 Rainbow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephenie Meyer is awesome.

I was rereading this one for the second time. It's my least favorite from the series, largely because of the name "Renesmee."

So, I was pleasantly surprised by how well she pulls this mess off. I mean, the baby, the baby imprinting ... Such a mess ... Sort of ...

That's the thing -- rereading it, I was totally entertained from beginning to end. I love the honeymoon, I adore the giant vampire showdown, I love the changes to the Edward/Jacob dynamic.

I read a blurb by anoth
Aug 03, 2008 Elizabeth rated it did not like it
P
Aug 29, 2016 P rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
“I want you, and I want you forever. One lifetime is simply not enough for me.”

I want to start this review with reminiscing my good old days when I was a teenager and had been waiting the movies to come out. Twilight was more than just my childhood imagination, it was likely my second world to escape the truth and live my life in the small town where supernatural creatures are real. Everyone wants to be someone important for those you love. This book also answered each question that I've kept
Heather
Aug 07, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Serious Twilighters Only
Holly
Dec 10, 2008 Holly rated it did not like it
Tea Jovanović
Nov 28, 2016 Tea Jovanović rated it liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Mislim da je ovaj serijal trebalo da se završi samo s jednim tomom i to Sumrakom... Onaj vampirski porođaj u Praskozorju mi je mnogo teško pao (mentalno), a naporađala sam se silnih žena po knjigama Danijele Stil (ponekad sam imala i po 2 porođaja po jednoj knjizi) te se mogu smatrati za prevodioca-akušera s ogromnim iskustvom... :)
Kiki
I saw the movie for this the day after it came out, because for some reason my mother's ideal 50th birthday experience was to go watch Bella drink blood from a Slurpee cup. D'you know what? It was the best movie so far. A true cinematic masterpiece, deep with emotional nuance, dark and gritty themes of power and family ties, and this scene where a bunch of talking wolves argue with each other and I just can't even keep typing, because just thinking about that scene where this bunch of fucking ...more
Amanda
Aug 09, 2008 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves Twilight
Emma  Blue
Dec 07, 2013 Emma Blue rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Penny
Apr 02, 2014 Penny rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to rid themselves of their Twilight obsession
Who thinks Bella should have ended up with Jacob? 237 539 20 hours, 12 min ago
Goodreads Librari...: Breaking Dawn Kindle Edition 7 33 Nov 08, 2016 08:50PM
the whole "vampires can't have babies" issue. 234 1351 Oct 30, 2016 07:37AM
Renesmee, Bella, and the "selective" venom... 184 1103 Jul 14, 2016 07:21AM
Leah's Infertility 2 19 Jul 12, 2016 07:40AM
Jacob Black, hate or love? 6 13 Jul 10, 2016 09:45PM
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)
  • Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • First Love and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #4)
  • The Awakening / The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2)
  • Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)
  • Ritual (Vampire Beach, #3)
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to ...more
More about Stephenie Meyer...

Twilight (4 books)
  • Twilight (Twilight, #1)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)

477 trivia questions
38 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Did you know that 'I told you so' has a brother,Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up'.” 3002 likes
“Hey, Rosalie? Do you know how to drown a blonde? Stick a mirror to the bottom of a pool.” 1827 likes