How to Dork Your Diary (Dork Diaries, #3.5)

How to Dork Your Diary (Dork Diaries #3.5)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  3,128 ratings  ·  123 reviews
Create your own Dork Diary! A special, interactive addition to the New York Times bestselling series.Nikki Maxwell is living her worst nightmare—her diary is missing! As she retraces her steps to find the lost book, Nikki offers a list of important tips and advice on how to keep a diary. Follow Nikki’s efforts to recover the missing diary—and deal with the usual funny, wac...more
Published October 11th 2011 by Aladdin (first published September 1st 2011)

Smile by Raina TelgemeierThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelznickBone, Vol. 1 by Jeff SmithDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu Kibuishi
Best Graphic Novels for Children
58th out of 536 books — 583 voters
Cabin Fever by Jeff KinneyThe Ugly Truth by Jeff KinneyThe Last Straw by Jeff KinneyDog Days by Jeff KinneyRodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney
list of awsomeness
197th out of 221 books — 335 voters

More lists with this book...

Steph
Last night, Nicky dreamed that she had lost her diary. For her, she thinks her diary is very important because there is were she keeps all her personal secrets. When she got up from bed the following day, she couldn’t find her diary where she had left it the day before. She fought she had left it in the school. However, she remembers that she put it in a zipper of her backpack so it should of had fallen.
When she arrives to school, she starts looking for it everywhere and then went to look at l...more
Jen
Russell, R. (2011). Dork diaries: how to dork you diary. New York, New York: Aladdin.

This is one of the books in the Dork Diaries series. There is empty space for the reader to actually write in the book, and keep it for her/himself. But it also has a story, most of which is centered on how to keep a diary. The girl shares advice, such as: “Tip #1: discover what type of diary is right for you!” Interspersed with her tips are vignettes from her own life about how the tips were generated. The reas...more
Phillip
i think it wll be a good book because i like reading all dork diaries book n i just like the the book.they is my favorive books i ever had.me n sister like reading the book all day long. my friend london like book. i just fall in love in dork diaries books. if u give me dork diaries book i will read it all day n i won't give it back ni can take it to take A.R test n i will make an 100% on it. i just love dork dairies books n i love my books. last,i love reading book wat ever books u give me i ma...more
Elii Vela
Reseña cortesía de The Itzel Library

¿Qué pasaría si un día descubrieras que tu diario se ha perdido? Todos tus secretos, tus temores, tus desventuras familiares, tus momentos maravillosos, todo, absolutamente todo, está ahí. Nikki ha perdido su diario y está en el alucine total, porque si no lo encuentra pronto, ¡es probable que toda la escuela se entere de sus intimidades!

Como siempre, he disfrutado mucho leer este libro. Aunque trae una historia, no es exactamente una novela, es una guía de c...more
laysia!!!!
The book i am now finished is Dork Diaries:How To Dork Your Diary this book is about this girl name Nikki Maxwell she loses her diary and goes into a complete meltdown over it.Which is wierd because the way you read her book is by reading the diary.Anyways while she is going through her meltdown she calms down by giving me advice on How To Dork My Diary.With Nikki she only has 2 friends that are twins name Chloe and Zoey there names sound alike but trust me there not the same there actually just...more
Lai Valenzuela
Nikki Maxwell has been writing in a diary since the start of the school year, and she usually takes it everywhere she goes--so she can't believe it when one morning she can't find her diary! The hunt is on, and while she looks, pursuing various theories about where it could be, Nikki can't help putting together a list of important diary-keeping lessons to remember in case of missing diary emergencies like this one.

How to Dork Your Diary is chock full of tips from Nikki on fun things to write ab...more
Hannah
I liked this book. Nikki has very supportive friends, when she thought her diary was lost her friends helped her look all over the school. So the mean popular girls wouldn't find it first and read it. A funny part in this book is when Nikki finds out her sister had the diary all along, she took it to school for show and tell. That's just one of the many funny parts in this great book. I would ceratinly recommend this book to my friends.
Jan
This is another book geared primarily for elementary or middle school students--another laugh-out-loud humorous book, although there were parts that sounded somewhat realistic even to me (an adult). I got a kick out of the girls getting trapped in the boys' locker room. Preteen and young adult girls will probably love this book.
Kameelah
I loved how it taught us to make our own diary. It was great way for the readers to be entertained while reading the book. How Nikki was using a different book to write her diary in was hilarious. Losing her diary too was a good way to keep the book enertaing and fun!
Katherine
Love the book, it was so cute and fun. Even though I'm older than the target age range - i still liked it and found that i could still connect to it!

It's a good book for anyone that like to write and keep diaries to this day. it was enjoyable. :D
Dilla Nanditya
Nikki lost her diary!

Oh, fuck.

As she tried and tried every way possible to find her diary, she also gives us so many infos about making your own VERY PRIVATE diary where you can write about EVERYTHING!! Along with that, are quizzes and trivias about how you should write your diary and what you should put in it. As much as I hate to admit, her quizzes and trivias made me realize I didn't know myself that well!

Now that I've read it, I probably should look for a cute diary, I don't know, with unico...more
Fay
Let you inner dork shine through! I will forever love these books. They make me feel that I am me and me is just right. I especially loved this book because I can really write on it as a diary. Plus, the tips are very cool!
Mas5thgrade2014
hey this book is a very funny book but it still shows how its like to be in middle and maybe forever but I think you should read this book because its really funny and you might have big conectoins with it.
Shirleann
good actually great because it tells you things that your diary should have plus you get to write on it

This review was done by a 10 year old
Brenna
This book has cool and fun ways to write a diary. Plus it has a flip book! Usually, the book is all about you, but in this book there is a story about Nikki while you learn to write the perfect diary! :)
Gabby
I liked the story, that gets 2 stars, and I liked the snoopy happy dance flip book, that's 2 stars. The rest was just kinda boring.
Artemisia Sage
I thought it was kind of boring. I dont really like the whole dork your own diary thing, I just like the story.
Lau King Hua
i think it would be great for teenager and may inspired them to keep a diary.
Madison Gorton
I loved this book! There were so many LAUGH OUT LOUD moments!
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
A girl in school who tries to ice skate for her friends
Alyssa Joyce
Dec 17, 2013 Alyssa Joyce rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 10 above
A very good book like the rest of the books in the series.
Eunice lopez
I love it i hope ya'll read it!!!
It's amazing!!!!
Angelina Windels
Last night, Nicky dreamed that she had lost her diary. For her, she thinks her diary is very important because there is were she keeps all her personal secrets. When she got up from bed the following day, she couldn’t find her diary where she had left it the day before. She fought she had left it in the school. However, she remembers that she put it in a zipper of her backpack so it should of had fallenyu.
Ashlee Mae
This book was half a story, (which was super funny and took breaks for you to write stuff!) and the other half was all paper for you to start your own diary. I didn't really do a diary, but I partnered up with Jacob to write stuff. He used his Do-It-Yourself Wimpy Kid book and I used mine. It was so fun how that worked out! We wrote down some pretty interesting stuff in there... Maybe you'll read about it on our blog someday!
Miss Donnamaria
Title:Dork diaries Author: Rachel Renee Russell
Genre:realistic number of pages: 184

This book is about a girl named Nikki Maxwell.This book is great the reason why is because it is about a 13 year old girl that love's to write in her diary but,Nikki has a night mare that her diary get's lost. My opinion about the book is that it is really good but,Nikki has to calm down about losing her diray .Other than that i think the book is great. P.S. you have a surprise in the back of the book. yes i t...more
Kot Haji
Feb 18, 2014 Kot Haji marked it as dork-diaries  ·  review of another edition
Well I think it is an absolutely splendid book Nikki loses her diary I have actually read this at home In real life the funny part is Brianna had her book all along and took it to school for show and tell and yes I am british
Little Bookworm
I loved writing my own info creating my own story it's a amazing book I loved the characters like always the author did a excellent job the writing is fabulous go buy this book plz
Georgina
i like this book because it made me want to have a diary. this book is very very very very dorky! i can relate to the book because my diary is in the book.
Mariyahcarey
Hey everyone, this book was so much fun and funny, and trust me you guys would love it has much as I did.
dork diary 1 5 Jan 24, 2014 08:37PM
  • Mackenzie Blue (Mackenzie Blue, #1)
  • The Popularity Papers: Book Two: The Long-Distance Dispatch Between Lydia Goldblatt and Julie Graham-Chang
  • Il mio inverno a Zerolandia
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • Monster High: Where There's a Wolf, There's a Way (Monster High, #3)
  • That's What Friends Aren't For (Dear Dumb Diary #9)
  • Hoodoo Money, First Edition
  • Trading Faces (Trading Faces, #1)
  • Stealing Kevin's Heart
  • Luv Ya Bunches (Flower Power, #1)
  • As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • Can You Get An F In Lunch? (How I Survived Middle School, #1)
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • Rise (Salvaged, #2)
  • This Totally Bites! (Poison Apple #2)
  • Reign of the Dead
  • Re-Vamped! (My Sister the Vampire, #3)
Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (Dork Diaries, #1) Tales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl (Dork Diaries, #2) Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star (Dork Diaries, #3) Skating Sensation (Dork Diaries, #4) Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All (Dork Diaries, #5)