Start by marking “La Technique: An Illustrated Guide to the Fundamental Techniques of Cooking” as Want to Read:
La Technique: An Illustrated Guide to the Fundamental Techniques of Cooking

La Technique: An Illustrated Guide to the Fundamental Techniques of Cooking

4.64 of 5 stars 4.64  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Tight, clean copy, breaks in binding, lots and lots of cover wear, yellowing to book and pages, Qualifies for FREE SHIPPING!!
Published November 15th 1989 by Pocket Books (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about La Technique, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Technique

Tim
An amazing piece of work, probably the first prep/cookbook produced with step-by-step illustrations. This, and it's later, companion volume, La Methode is a must for every cook and chefs library.
As its author is French, although made his name equally in the US, it's mainly to do with classic French cookery but makes many of these dishes understandable and possible to even an average cook.
For years I had this volume but failed to find its companion but recently found both copies in a charity shop...more
Marge
Sometimes I feel that I can't cook without this essential text
Zakee
Jun 13, 2007 Zakee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: microwave chefs and wustoff warriors
all the basics are neatly outlined and illustrated. prepare proper pastry and fillet a fish with style. this should join the kitchen library of anyone with a knife and hunger for more than out-the-box eats.
Lynda
Cooking is hard work. It takes years of practice to learn all the techniques involved. This is an invaluable reference.
Joe
If you like to eat, please read this book. Prepare to pleasure yourself and those you love.
Beto
Beto marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Raquel
Raquel marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Lynne
Lynne added it
Sep 02, 2014
Liam Parker
Liam Parker marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Matt Pez
Matt Pez marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Masha Dolganova
Masha Dolganova marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
C. P.
C. P. marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Scott J
Scott J marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Jacques Pépin is a French chef, television personality, and author working in the United States.
More about Jacques Pépin...
The Apprentice: My Life in the Kitchen Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques: Featuring More Than 1,000 Cooking Methods and Recipes,  in Thousands of  Step-by-Step Photographs Jacques Pépin Fast Food My Way Essential Pepin: More Than 700 All-Time Favorites from My Life in Food Jacques Pépin More Fast Food My Way