Start by marking “Night's Kiss (My Night, #1)” as Want to Read:
Night's Kiss (My Night, #1)

Night's Kiss (Children of The Night #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,865 ratings  ·  86 reviews
Enter the lush, sensual world of bestselling author Amanda Ashley. . .a place where vampires indulge their appetites, but find they can fall prey to love and desire. Now, an everlasting devotion is sparked across time and space, igniting a passionate affair. . .and a deadly new threat. . .

He Has Found His Soul's Desire. . .

The Dark Gift has brought Roshan DeLongpre a life

Published February 1st 2005 by Zebra Book (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Night's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night's Kiss

Jennifer Wardrip
Roshan DeLongpre is a vampire bored with his existence. He's been alive for almost three hundred years, and seen and done just about everything there is to see and do. He's read hundreds of thousands of books, seen the cities of the world change, watched innumerable moons rise in the night sky. But after all this time, there's no joy left in his life-only that unshakable need to exist, to survive.

All of that changes, when he sees a colorless pen and ink drawing of a woman being burned at the st
valee
3.5 STARS

I really enjoyed this one. It's been ages since I read a vampire novel. I mean, I have been reading new books in my fav series, but I had not started a new vampires series in a very long time. This book had a sweet and cute romance between a woman (well a witch actually) and a vampire, the kind we have not seen in a while. A powerful and sexy vampire, a great and caring heroine, an entertaining plot and a terrific ending. Just what I needed. I mean there was nothing original in this boo
Marie-Josee Larouche

I had originally written a much longer review in appreciation for this novel, but while I was writing it my laptop shut off on me and I lost everything, and I have little time to write an appropriate review.

I really enjoyed this one. I have read the rest of the novels of this series, but for some reason or another, I have been unable to get my hands on this one; so I was very happy to have found it as an ebook.

Contains spoilers! Read at your own risk!

One thing that irked me during reading this
Erin
Ah! I Love Amanda Ashley...She always stays in my mind no matter how long it has been since i read one of her other novels.
Her characters are impressinable and always have a lasting effect.
I adored the heroine, Brenna. She is just adorable! Brenna is from the 1600's around the Salem witch trials. She obviously is a witch. Roshan, our hero, travels back in time, to save her from the stake when he sees a painting of her on the internet. The image of Brenna gives him hope and he feels in debt to h
Alma (aka Mrs. Rhaw)
Paige
286 year old vampire Roshan DeLongpre is just about to end his existence when he sees Brenna Flanagan's picture in a book describing her execution for witchcraft.

From that moment he's fixated on her life, death and a way to save her life.

Surprising even himself, he finds himself back in her time, a night before her scheduled execution. Unfortunately, Brenna isn't too eager to believe what Roshan is telling her. She's never had any trouble from the town people. Multiple occasions have occurred
Ronda  Tutt
I took my time reading this book. It was a little old fashion in the reading for a vampire book but I truely enjoyed it. It wasn't full of sexual scenes but it was full of love and the desire between each character.

The story begins with a 300 year old vampire named Roshan who has kept up with the time has the years have changed, he has educated himself with computers and reading and collecting many books. He has pasion for reading about witch craft and finds and falls in love with a photo of a w
Jenn
***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***
In defense of this book I will say that the first time I read it I remember not being able to put it down, but that was also shortly after it was published in 2005 or 2006 so it's been a while since I first read this book. I don't know if my reading interests have changed or if I've become more jaded or what, but the second time around it definitely wasn't a page turner for me.

Roshan is a vampire on the edge of suicide when he starts reading a book ab
Juana "Darkness" Duran
Roshan is desperate to end his life, because he thinks he has lived to long. So while browsing in a book he runs into a picture of Brenan Flannagan. Roshan is blown away with the likeness of his wife in this picture. So with new meaning in his life, Roshan finds a way to go back in time to save Brenan from burning at the stake for being a witch. When Roshan takes her back to his time Brena is scared of him because she doesn't know what he is. When he reveals to her what she is Brena is even more ...more
Brynna Schiller
Jul 31, 2008 Brynna Schiller rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance readers
Shelves: romance
An intersting take on the typical Vampire romance... he travels through time to save a woman he saw being burned at the stake in a history book. Excellent detail and clearly well researched. I was caught off gaurd a few times.
The author has a tallent for creating empathy, suspense, and momentum. I was pleasantly surprised.

I only picked this book up because the one I had ordered wasn't in yet. I didn't plan to read the next book but I have already put it on reserve.
Margaret Ushman
This book was amazing! I am not a fan of time travel or the like, but it was just gorgeous in this book. Amanda Ashley made the time travel flow in the book. I am actually surprised about how much I liked the book. I couldn't put it down. I recommend this book to all people who enjoy romance/ vampire/ supernatural books. If you have doubts if you should read this book, you should. It is worth all the time you put in and doesn't waste you time like some books do.
Heather
I put off starting a new series because I'm already wrapped up in so many other ones but I'm so glad I did! This book was simply just a good read. Nothing too complex, vampire plus mortal = love but there was a little bit of time travel to spice things up. Roshan was so wonderful and loving and I really loved Brenna she was so sweet and innocent but still strong. I don't know much about this series but I'm hoping their story gets continued.
Mel
I liked this one. I usually don't read adult PNR but I did enjoy this. I liked how it was focused mainly on the emotions of the characters instead all of the physical things. I liked Roshan, he was this brooding vampire who was quite bored with his life. He felt as if he has seen and done it all and that there really wasn't much left out there for him. Finding a picture of a girl named Brenna who was burned for being a witch during the time of the Salem witchcraft trials presented a new challeng ...more
esa
It started out dull, and in my mind with useless information..info that didn't lead into anything else. Enjoyed the ending. The useless information could have been space uses to help develop the characters background more or even some more dialogue from them. How did they fall in love, they rarely even spoke. I'm just saying, but I finished it in a day so it was defiantly at least a 4 star book.
Dora-lee
Do you love witches and vampires ??? Then this is the book for you. What a fabulous journey I had through Time into the past to 2005 .So many twists and turns one minute you are sitting on the edge of your seat in anticipation the next you are swooning with heartwarming romance . Well worth the time to sit back and enjoy. I know you will enjoy the story as I did .
Petula
This is a vampire romance with a difference. The baddy in this one is a very nasty witch. Our hero sees a picture of a beautiful witch who was burned at the stake 300yrs in the past. He decides to try to travel back in time to rescue her. Our heroine is a witch brought into modern time by a vampire. She has lots to learn and lots to fear.
Ashley
Jun 19, 2008 Ashley rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyne who likes romace novels
Vampires. Witches. Romance. Roshan DeLongpre sees a witches picture in a history book an instantly falls in love. Can he save her from the witch trials? Is there a bigger feat ahead of them? Find out in this action packed romance novel by Amanda Ashley!
Maria

Everlasting Series:
1. Everlasting Kiss
2. Everlasting Desire
Denise
Strange type of time travel book. Vampire of now times and reads about a woman burned a the stake for being a witch. He travels time to save her and then she is with him in the present. Very interesting book.
Kate
This was a lovely book of paranomral romance. A vampire falls in love with a witches photograph in a history book, he becomes so obsesed he figures out how to time travel and brings her back to the modern world.
Laurie
Absolutely LOVED this book. The ending is a tad lackluster, but I was willing to deal with it because the ride the book took me on was worth it. Well written, okay flow to it. I think I want to read more of her books!
Haylie
Apr 20, 2008 Haylie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
AHHH!! Another totally awesome vampire book!! It was much better than Dead Perfect, it had a happy ending just like a fairy tale!!! Roshan and Brenna belong together!!!
Lisa
Mar 17, 2009 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who enjoy vampire romance.
Shelves: 2009
Enjoyed the whole series of books with this. This should have been the first book I read but ended up being the last book I read. All good!
Avni
The book was truly amazing.
The romance between Roshan and Brenna was wonderfully written.
One of my favouraite vampire novels.
Payal
Typical vampire novel. But I like the chemistry between Roshan and Brenna.
Though I didnt like the ending.
Charlie Daye
The book started off rather slow but then picked up and continued from there. Overall an enjoyable read.
Hayley
5 Stars! I enjoyed this book immensely!

I've never read a book quite like this. I enjoyed Roshan, the broody/about to kill myself before I become captivated by a red headed witch/vampire! He's a handsome man, just over 300 years old and is just ready to end his life. He's lonely and alone in the world living without any friends or significant other. DEPRESSING right? I felt so bad for him.....

Then, here comes Breanna Flanagan.

He first sees a photograph of her when he's flipping through a volume
Chynared21
I'm not normally a paranormal romance reader but I adored this story.
  • Master of Ecstasy (Mackenzie Vampires, #1)
  • Night Falls Darkly (Shadow Guard, #1)
  • I Burn for You (Primes, #1)
  • Shadow of the Vampire
  • The Companion (Companion, #1)
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
  • Edge Of Hunger (Primal Instinct, #1)
  • The Vampire's Kiss
  • Eternal Hearts (A Darkness Within, #2)
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • The Dark God's Bride Trilogy, #3
  • Sleepless (Bird of Stone, #1)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Siren Song
  • The Billionaire's Elusive Lover
  • The Dark God's Bride (The Dark God's Bride, #2)
  • The Calling (Immortals, #1)
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester #1)
Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5) After Twilight (Dark, #7) Bound by Night (Bound #1) Night's Touch (Children of The Night, #2) Dead Sexy