Start by marking “Solfege ” as Want to Read:
Solfege

Solfege

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Kugayama is a gifted music teacher, but a man with little ambition or desire. Born to a wealthy and prominent family, Kugayama passes his days simply going through the motions and existing. When ex-student, Azuma Tanaka, requests his help in studying for a prestigious music school's entrance exam, his budding youth and enthusiasm invoke a passion in Kugayama that he has ne ...more
Paperback
Published April 3rd 2007 by Digital Manga Publishing (first published February 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Solfege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solfege

I'm not sure what was worse about this -- the exploitation of the student by his teacher portrayed as love, or the comically bad art where the men have HUGE LONG arms in ways that violate all the rules of anatomy. They are both facepalm worthy. This is some of the worst examples of 'yaoi hands' I've ever seen.
Estara
May 01, 2011 Estara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Antique Bakery and Yoshinaga
Shelves: manga, read-in-2011
Tani
When the seemingly delinquent Tanaka decides he wants to go to music school, his former music teacher Kugayama is surprised, but decides to help him anyway. However, when problems at home lead to Tanaka coming to live with Kugayama, things go farther than either of them intended. How will they deal with the fall-out of their forbidden relationship?

Although I've liked other works by this mangaka, I didn't really enjoy this one. In part this is because I was bothered by the handling of the underag
Monique
Solfege has been one of the better Yoshinaga yaoi I've read. I enjoyed that it focused more on the characters and story than it did on the sex.

It was a sweet story and had a satisfying ending. Recommended if you enjoy shojo and/or Fumi Yoshinaga's work.
k8inorbit
r sez only semi-okay
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Shelby
Shelby added it
Jan 24, 2015
Dậu's Child
Dậu's Child marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Emma O.
Emma O. marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Aug 08, 2014
Stella
Stella added it
Jun 12, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Mary Petit
Mary Petit marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Tadamono
Tadamono marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Sarah added it
Mar 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 1 Antique Bakery, Volume 1 Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 2 Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 3 Antique Bakery, Volume 2