Start by marking “Who Killed Kurt Cobain?: The Mysterious Death of an Icon” as Want to Read:
Who Killed Kurt Cobain?: The Mysterious Death of an Icon

Who Killed Kurt Cobain?: The Mysterious Death of an Icon

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,031 ratings  ·  41 reviews
When rock superstar Kurt Cobain was found with a bullet through his head at his Seattle home in April 1994, the news reverberated around the world. The police quickly labeled the death a suicide, triggering over sixty copycat suicides among mournful teenagers who were shocked by the death of their angst-ridden hero, who had been repeatedly labeled "the voice of his generat ...more
Published January 1st 1998 by Citadel Press

To ask other readers questions about Who Killed Kurt Cobain?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Killed Kurt Cobain?

Bridget
I'm a closeted believer in conspiracy theories.
After reading this I'm convinced the skanky courtney love
had something to do with his death. Sad story of a creative lost soul who left us too soon.
Mary Louise
This book definitely raised my eyebrows (and my suspicions). Something has always nagged at me about Kurt's death. Did he kill himself? Was it murder? I'm still not completely sold on the latter. But I do think the case NEEDS to be reopened. There are too many questionable and suspicious points about the official cause of death (suicide) that have been made in this book. That's the bottom line for me: I think, above else, the case needs to be reopened. Why? Because his daughter deserves to know ...more
B. zee
Mar 01, 2008 B. zee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who believe everything they read and fans of Nirvana
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Courtney Love has killed more people than the pope.
K
It seems like whenever I pick up a book on Kurt Cobain, I don't feel too good about it for moral reasons, but I also end up unable to put it away. It was no different with this one.
I must admit that it took a few days to get through the first few chapters. They were mostly a brief summary of Kurt's life, his past - some facts that I found simply boring having read a few biographies of his; however, I do think it was necessary to bring those up. I'm glad I didn't give up reading it because then t
Homer Harianja
Saya tidak tahu pasti apakah teman saya yang dulu mati karena OD di sebuah taman adalah salah satu contoh copycat dari "bunuh dirinya" cobain. tom grant, detektif swasta yang pada awalnya di sewa courtney untuk mencari cobain yang "hilang", punya motif sendiri untuk terus menyelidiki kasus kematian cobain. Baginya kasus kematian cobain bukanlah bunuh diri, tapi sebuah pembunuhan. Karenanya mereka para pemuja cobain yang melakukan bunuh diri adalah kesia-siaan akibat sebuah konspirasi.

Melalui has
Georgie
Well, I don't mean to toot my own horn but from the get-go I highlighted flaws within this book which left a sour taste- it was mainly just small inconsistent details but flaws none the less.
The book itself does an excellent job of showing up Courtney Love to be a paranoid, aggressive, and controlling individual as well as throw in crucial evidence to suggest that Kurt's 'suicide' was something more sinister. If anything, this book sparks a deeper urge to find the truth about what actually happe
Socialbookshelves.com
Let’s face it, there are plenty of books on the market about the life and times of Kurt Cobain, with some focusing on his music and some focusing on his troubled personal life. This one, however, is a little different – it focuses on Kurt’s death and, in particular, on the theory that a third party was involved. The authors believe that Kurt didn’t commit suicide – it was murder.

Personally, I don’t believe that theory at all, despite the hordes of Nirvana fans who do – most of them suspect Court
Bücherwürmchen
Dieses wunderbare und gleichzeitig auch schockierende Buch habe ich vor längerer Zeit gelesen, doch es beschäftigt mich immer wieder.
Das Rätsel um den Tod von Kurt Cobain, dem Sänger von Nirvana, wurde nie zu 100% aufgeklärt. Es gibt viele Spekulationen. Hat er sich selbst erschossen? Oder steckt seine geldgierige Frau Courtney Love dahinter?
In dem Buch wird versucht, den seltsamen Tod, der immer noch viele Menschen auf der ganzen Welt beschäftigt, aufzulären. Es wird versucht Licht ins Dunkel
Steven
When it comes to conspiracy theories I always remember what the professor in my Rhetoric class said: "Human stupidity is nearly always the more likely answer than conspiracy." It's a reminder to apply Occam's Razor first. After that, if it still stinks, you might be on to something. So I was skeptical when reading this book for the first time (this is my third read), but by the end it sure felt as though the police - and a medical examiner with a conflict of interest - were too eager to shut the ...more
Joi Smith
Again, another Kurt Cobain based book I own, and read around 2005. Back when I was young and very naive. I, like many Kurt fans wanted to see this book and the story as truth. When in reality it's pretty much all lies. Courtney did not plot to have Kurt killed, nor did she kill him. It was a tragic thing that Kurt was so miserable in his life, but it was obvious that he was a tortured soul.
Manda
I used this book as my main resource for a paper I did in college about the theory of Kurt Cobain being murdered. Due to the amount of evidence this book has on the subject I received an A on the paper and made quite a compelling argument for the fact that Courtney Love had something to do with Kurt's Death. I believed this story before i read this book and after reading it my suspicions were confirmed but the amount of evidence provided in the book. Makes me upset that more of an investigation ...more
Eleonore Rigby
Kurt Cobain, Sänger und Songwriter der legendären Grunge-Band Nirvana, wurde am 20. Feburar 1967 in Aberdeen, Seattle geboren. Aberdeen ist nicht nur wegen seines berühmten Einwohners bekannt, sondern auch wegen den vielen Drogenabhäniggen und anderen unglücksseligen Menschen, die keinen Ausweg aus ihrem persönlichen Sumpf finden. In dem Buch "Mordfall Kurt Cobain" wird die dortige Szene und vor allem Kurts familiäre Herkunft beleuchtet. Man erfährt viel über sein schwieriges Familienverhältnis, ...more
Estelle
This book was amazing. I loved how detailed about his life this book was. I never really formed an opinion about the death of Kurt Cobain until I read this book. I find that the information in the book is very credible and was an interesting read the entire way through. It talked about his life from childhood until the time of his death. I would recommend that you read this book if you are a fan of Kurt Cobain or just interested in the mystery of who he was.
Jessica Harris
I have always been a huge Nirvana and Kurt Cobain fan. Though not necessarily based on solid facts, this book gives some pretty compelling thoughts/details into the mystery of Kurt's death. I'm sure we'll never know if it was suicide or murder; nonetheless, this book is at least thought provoking and brings to light some pretty questionable information. It's a must-read for any Nirvana fan.
Gem
This book is one of my favourite books about Kurt's life, or death as it outlines. Not because I was glad of his death bit because it touches on the real reason Kurt died and the truth and facts of how is suicide could not be possible this case should be re opened and I have always thought this.
Ellen
I do like a good conspiracy theory, and I'm not going to lie - this one hooked me. It is, of course, primarily about throwing shade at Courtney Love so make of that what you will.
♥ Marlene♥
Really interesting book. I am disgusted the way Love is using her lawyers. She is the same as Lance Armstrong. disgusting.

I do believe something fishy is going on with the so called suicide of Kurt. This book was published in 1995. guess they did not re-open the investigation.
I know there is a second book out. want to read that. Interesting book. and I really liked Kurt's music. He and Love were about my age. (1967 and 1974?) Guess they bloomed late cause I was a punk rocker during the end of t
Kayla
Sep 25, 2011 Kayla rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Kayla by: school library
I found this book to be both a very well thought out and researched text, and also a great conspiracy book. it has many great theories and opinions on the death of this great musician. Nothing proven by solid fact yet still both a page turner and a book that puts reasonable doubt into the mind that Kurt Cobain was murdered. I very much liked this book and would recommend it to anyone.
Danielle Ferguson
I thought this book was very interesting. The story itself is compelling. You don't need to be a music/grunge/Nirvana fan to be inthralled by the information offered in this book. Very entertaining, and has your attention until the very last page. I really hope he has the case reopened to present all information he has obtained. I think that would be a very fascinating ordeal.
Librariasaurus
I still think Courtney had something to do with it. This remains one of music's most mysterious deaths and this book, whilst entertaining and somewhat informative still doesn't really shed much light on the death of Kurt Cobain. That being said, this is one of the few books that I have been able to read cover to cover in a matter of days.
Georgette
It will make you angry, very angry- to read this book. I am a huge fan of Kurt Cobain, and I was appalled at all the evidence that was uncovered(and hidden, thanks to Miss Courtney Love)in the death of Cobain. Suicide seemed a no-brainer until I read this book. Murder now seems more likely. More people should read this book.
Jane
Aug 18, 2007 Jane marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I might not read it now- but i will one day. The one thing thats impossible about this book, is that no matter how much you weigh up the options of who DID kill him, you can only think that its suicide...?
Annchan Maulana
Kurt Cobain .. stil remind until now because the cause of his death and its not a good way to ending our live. i think he is oke as a singer (just like elvis), but not awesome as a human.
Ann
Serves as both a basic biography and lays out conspiracy theory on kurt's death. Well done and suspenseful. Would like to read the updated 2000 version.
Bill Lecklikner
This book explores the theory that Cobain's "suicide" may have actually been a murder. There is a decent argument here. Check it out!
Tracy
Good background information on Kurt Cobain and and Courtney Love. No one really knows what happened but interesting scenarios
Callum
Very informative. Certainly puts Courtney Love in a bad light. A lot of good arguments. Is it too late to reopen the case though?
Elise
Anyone who thinks that Kurt honestly killed himself, should read this book, it will have them thinking twice.
Joy
The SPD is not willing to admit they made a mistake and Courtney love didn't kill him, She had him killed
  • Love & Death: The Murder of Kurt Cobain
  • Love, Janis
  • Crazy Diamond: Syd Barrett and the Dawn of Pink Floyd
  • Kurt Cobain & Courtney Love: In Their Own Words
  • Grunge Is Dead: The Oral History of Seattle Rock Music
  • Pink Floyd and Philosophy: Careful with that Axiom, Eugene!
  • Journals
  • Stairway to Heaven: Led Zeppelin Uncensored
  • Going Down with Janis
Ian Halperin is a Canadian investigative journalist and writer whose 2009 book, Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson, which was a number one best seller on the New York Times list on July 24, 2009. He is the author or coauthor of nine books, including Celine Dion: Behind the Fairytale, Fire and Rain: The James Taylor Story and Hollywood Undercover. He coauthored Who Killed Kurt Cobain? and ...more
More about Ian Halperin...
Unmasked The Final Years Of Michael Jackson Brangelina: The Untold Story Of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Fire And Rain: The James Taylor Story The Governator: From Muscle Beach to His Quest for the White House, the Improbable Rise of Arnold Schwarzenegger Whitney and Bobbi Kristina