Start by marking “ Truly Kindly” as Want to Read:
  Truly Kindly

Truly Kindly

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Here is a collection of short stories by the popular and critically acclaimed manga-ka Fumi Yoshinaga. From modern-day tales of romance in Seattle, to eerie stories from historical Japanese fantasy, to Yoshinaga's further depiction of the class conflict before the French Revolution, there's a little something for every BLU fan The characters Claude and Antoine, a young ari ...more
Published August 7th 2007 by Blu (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Truly Kindly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truly Kindly

Sherry
Jan 16, 2016 Sherry rated it really liked it
First of all, a huge "Thank you" to Sophie who gave her copy of Truly Kindly to me (T^T) I read Claudes and Antoines story first <3

Now, I think Fumi Yoshinaga is one of those few artists who really can pull off not only a one shot but also one with multiple short stories that are not connected to one another (with the exception of two that are loosely connected (and made me quite sad)). And she sometimes really surprises me with her storylines.
Of course this one has stories I liked more than
Monique
Mar 10, 2015 Monique rated it it was ok
This is by far one of Yoshinaga's weakest collection of work. Its a compilation of one-shot short stories. For some reason, its put in order of weakest to strongest, with the most enjoyable chapters being the last four (or three and a half, depending on how you look at it). The first story is creepy as hell and not at all enjoyable. The ones following it are mediocre or bland.

I wonder if this is some of her older work as it largely felt very unpolished. Unless you are a fan of Yoshinaga already
Beth
Mar 28, 2008 Beth rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yaoi fans, esp. Yoshinaga fans
Recommended to Beth by: My own fondness for Yoshinaga's manga
Shelves: yaoi-shonen-ai
A wondrous array of stories, some with unexpected twists and all with Yoshinaga's beautiful men with their expressive faces. Humor, suspense, romance, daily life and the extraordinary events that sometimes come from it--all are included in this collection.
Nicole
May 17, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I loved this manga! My favorite quote? "I'll love you so hard you can't sit down."
Bookkitten
Mar 30, 2012 Bookkitten rated it really liked it
A collection of yaoi short stories.
Sarita Dingee
Sarita Dingee rated it did not like it
Aug 14, 2016
Jenna
Jenna added it
Aug 09, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it did not like it
May 18, 2016
Plum Coyle
Plum Coyle rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Silvaria
Silvaria marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Jen
Jen added it
Jan 07, 2016
Hana
Hana rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Nathaniel
Nathaniel rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Boussole
Boussole rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Max Enlund
Max Enlund marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Lee Hillman
Lee Hillman rated it really liked it
May 28, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2015
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2015
Karissa
Karissa rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Dậu's Child
Dậu's Child marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Karen Williams
Karen Williams marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Somethingpurple
Somethingpurple marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Emma O.
Emma O. marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Sari Koskinen
Sari Koskinen rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2014
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
A-yin
A-yin added it
Aug 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
195779
Japanese: よしなが ふみ

Fumi Yoshinaga (よしなが ふみ Yoshinaga Fumi, born 1971) is a Japanese manga artist known for her shōjo and shōnen-ai works.

Fumi Yoshinaga was born in Tokyo, Japan in 1971. She attended the prestigious Keio University in Tokyo.

In an interview, she said that "I want to show the people who didn't win, whose dreams didn't come true. It is not possible for everybody to get first prize. I wa
More about Fumi Yoshinaga...