Start by marking “Inside Out” as Want to Read:
Inside Out

Inside Out

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Inside: Tracey never fit in anywhere as a child, so she worked hard to make college different. Out in the world, she didn't talk about her parents, or her travels, or the languages she spoke. She didn't talk much at all because it frequently led to black people asking why she talked ""white"" and white people asking where she was from. No one believed she was a native Sout ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Indigo Love Spectrum (first published May 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Inside Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside Out

Tina
I am giving this book 4-stars despite myself. I had some major issues with one of the main characters, but in the end it was a strong, interesting story with some rather fearless character moments.

Tracey and Garrett are grad students in Atlanta. He is in law school she is getting her MBA. He is from low-to-middle income good-ole-boy Southern white family, she is from a very wealthy and powerful black family. He is outgoing and friendly, everyone knows him. She is closed off and insular.

When they
Kacie
Awesome read! The point of view and perspective were different than expected & i appreciated how the struggles of both leads were portrayed.
Read this book in a day because I couldn't put it down :0)
I would definitely refer this book to any avid contemporary romance reader
Claudia
Loved this story. Even tho there were a few times I became frustrated with both main characters. The journey they took to love was not pretty. I saw the female character as immature, the male as tortured,mainly because she shut him out,and his own problems with his family.
The characters were well developed,and the supporting characters were equally supportive, and kick butt honest in their view of the relationships of the main characters.
Vivian
A delightfully surprising look at an interracial couple and their relationship from both perspectives.
Beeg Panda
Loved it!
The H, Garret reminds me sooo of Kellan from Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens. He is just as sweet and adoring and falls head over heels for Tracey, who initially doesnt give him the time of day. She is attracted to him but fights him ALL THE WAY.

*****POSSIBLE SPOILERS********

She has heavy racial issues - she's black and he is white. Its a long arduous, torturous journey before he manages to get her to commit. He is obsessed with her, can't stay away from her though he is in a relationshi
L.M. David
I really wanted to like this book but just couldn't. The first part showed potential but after a while I began skipping sections. First, the complication of a interracial relationship is hard enough but when dealing with an immature, selfish young woman like Tracey, the idea of them sharing anything boggled the mind. It literally drove me up a wall the way she openly showed her embarrassment regarding getting involved with this guy to the point where I questioned Garrett's sanity. He never had a ...more
Nooniemom
OMG, I LOVED this book!

I so connected with the characters in this book. Whether we want to admit it to ourselves,we all have a little bit of each of them in us. Whether in an interracial relationship or not,the road to love is bumpy,with roadblocks(some that we erect ourselves),caution lights that seem to never stop blinking(in our minds),red lights that not only stop the journey,but also our hearts. Yet when that light is green,we speed down that road oblivious to warning signs and whistles. Ju
D.lee
I agree with some of the other reviews, this was a great and realistic story of the struggles of inter-racial relationship. You have to take in consideration they are in the South and although things have changed many views are the same.

They both struggled with the issues of how family and society would accept them, but most importantly their own issue. I simply loved Garrett, because he wasn't perfect but he was determined. Their issues were not only racial but social as well.
Their struggles an
Laverne Brewster
A 5 star read, the author did a wonderful job of presenting Tracey and Garrett's story. Garrett "Rett" Atkins is in his final year of law school where upon graduation, he is guaranteed a partnership in his family's law firm and where he is expected to marry his white childhood sweetheart. Tracey McAlpine, is a Black woman who is brilliant and who is a graduate student at the school where Rett attends. They become acquainted after he mistakes her for a janitor before a known professor corrects hi ...more
Alicia
A very nice read. It took a bit for me to begin to enjoy it, but by the middle of the story, I was really enjoying the story. The heroine is neurotic and the the hero is amazingly grounded and stable...that's not a new theme. But, it's the story of how the two of them resolve their issues in a mature, but heart-wrenching, way.
Synithia
I really enjoyed this book. I like that the female had more of a problem with the relationship than the guy. That was a different angle. I did think Rett was a bit too soft at times. I appreciate a man that can cry, but his crying was too much for me. He was still a lovable hero.
Brandi
Tracy had issues of her own creation;really needed to get over herself. Both characters had this misguided sense that the world was out to get them, regarding their relationship. Good book but they hit on my last nerve.
Flip
Apr 08, 2015 Flip rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: bw-wm
Amazing read. I did want to hit Angie a couple of times but Garrett and Tracey I loved. Though they had there moments when I wanted to hit them both in the head.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Ok. So, I am 18% through the book...is it just me or does this guy basically have two girlfriends? I'm sorry, but he is cheating on his "real" girlfriend being with Tracey EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Maybe it's just me.

Love that I can borrow books from the LAPL for my Kindle!!

A pretty good read despite the fact that I thought the heroine was a total nitwit and the hero vacillated between wimp, man, and jerk a little too much for my tastes. All in all, I could have done without Karen and the others he da
Kimberly Strickland
I enjoyed how Tracey and Garrett relationship blossomed. I liked reading this story although I didn’t like how Tracey dealt with her situation. She had some hang ups she needed to get over. I wanted to shake her. The author did a good job with connecting us to the characters.
Kathy
Enjoyed the book. Tracey was ttoo introverted for me. I would assume going into an interracial relationship you have to have thick skin. Here parents had too much influence in her life. Glad she finally got it togetherr.
Anino
Anino marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
luv2shp
luv2shp marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Jiji
Jiji marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Venessa
Venessa marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Svodesai
Svodesai marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Tanya
Tanya added it
May 14, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Interracial Multi...: This Week's Giveaway - "Inside Out" by Grayson Cole 1 8 Jan 10, 2012 10:45AM
  • Reconstructing Jada Channing
  • Harrier's Healer (The Megalodon Team, #2)
  • Blindsided
  • Crash
  • Finding Opa! (The Lonely Hearts, #2)
  • No Commitment Required
  • Reye's Gold
  • Crush
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • Before Sunrise
  • The Color of Love
  • A Whisper to a Scream
  • Forgive Me Father for I Have Loved
  • The Sweet Spot
  • Love Script
  • A Heart Not Easily Broken (The Butterfly Memoirs, #1)
Grayson Cole is an author obsessed with language, love and the fantastic. She is intrigued by the relationships people build and what makes them work. Grayson hopes to bring intense and engaging characters to life for her readers along with well-developed, interesting stories.

Born and raised in Alabama, Grayson considers herself a quintessential Southerner. She also has a longstanding love affair
More about Grayson Reyes-Cole...
The Builder Caress Bright Star The Empire (The Lovers' Opalus, #1) The Prescription Playboy