Start by marking “Fries Alive! (Freddy And The French Fries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fries Alive! (Freddy And The French Fries, #1)

Fries Alive! (Freddy And The French Fries #1)

Freddy Funkhouser comes up with an idea to bolster business for his family's fast-food health restaurant, Burger Castle, and finally defeat Pookesville's biggest bully, Adam Spanker. When Freddy's fun invention goes awry, the results are five very funny French fries who come to life and wreak havoc in Freddy's family and community. With some help from his ...more
Published by Turtleback Books (first published July 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fries Alive!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fries Alive!

Anay Dalal
Jan 20, 2008 Anay Dalal rated it it was amazing
One of the best booksI haveread so far.I hadnever read a sci-fi book before and so i was hesitant.The plot is in bounds andis possible in real world except a thing or two.The plot of the story is well thought of and researched.This is a book with a unique plot.
Seth Saephan
May 06, 2016 Seth Saephan rated it liked it
I would recommend this book to my friend named Jordan.C because he likes science and there are inventions. This book is about that they are trying to find Finkle Bean so they can see his best invention created and then when they found him he said he been waiting and he said can you help me go back to my time and Freddy said okay. This book is great because Finkle Bean inventions are great.
Susan Coley
Aug 10, 2011 Susan Coley rated it liked it
Having finished a David Baldacci book, I checked out his website and found this kids' book. It's a cute book that my students will like...an annoying sibling, weird parent, bullies and gaseous incidents.
Nick
Oct 06, 2016 Nick rated it did not like it
it was pretty interesting. at confusing at someparts
Hayden
Oct 18, 2013 Hayden rated it really liked it
Freddy and his family are trying to win the float contest so they can support their family restaurant called The Burger Castle. Their competing restaurant, The Patty Cake, has won over the past years.
Freddy has the idea to use special potatoes and nanotechnology to create animated fries for their float. A bully named Adam and his gang trashed The Burger Castle. Freddy and his friend Howie go through many crazy adventures with the fries. Will they win this years float contest,or will The Patty Ca
Gerry
Oct 14, 2012 Gerry rated it liked it
Shelves: srp, good-j-lit
David Baldacci is having fun exploring new writing styles!
This is the first in a series.
The geeky son of a geeky Dad uses scientific inventions in an attempt to beat the meanest family in town over the hometown parade float.
He uses fun character names, odd personalities, and crazy consequences to keep the story going.
It should appeal especially to 3rd grade boys.
Children's Literature Project
No reading level information available. The author recommends it for ages 4-8.

Freddy Funkhouser wants to create a float for his dad's burger restaurant that will beat the Spanker family's float in the local parade. He uses nanotechnology to create life-like french fries to place on the float. The fries come "alive" and cause chaos in the town.

This book is great for grades 2-3.
Nichole Attanasio
So now I can say I've read his kids novel writing his suspense, his non suspense, and soon his YA book. Baldacci is a genius writer. This is such a cute and fun book for elementary ages kids. But I read it cause I love Baldacci's writing and my all time favorite author. But if you have kids maybe 4-6th grade or so they may like this. Or maybe grades 2-4. But overall it was a cute book
Abby Jane
May 04, 2009 Abby Jane rated it it was amazing
This book is very good!!!! I loved it. It was funny and really interesting.The Fries are fun and full of adventure.
I would recommend this book to people that love humor,adventure,and have a good imagination.
Kathy
Jan 23, 2016 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I laughed and laughed and laughed. This is obviously a book that Baldacci told his kids. It had plenty of "kid humor" and was just "kid funny." I really enjoyed it and will recommend it to my kids. Everyone needs to read a book JUST FOR FUN every now and then!
Lauren
Dec 30, 2014 Lauren rated it really liked it
What a treat. Intended for a young adult audience, a fun read while off work for the holidays. Only recently discovered that David Baldacci wrote this series. Just putr fun.
Kim J
May 15, 2014 Kim J rated it really liked it
A silly kids book that is different from his other books. Maybe this is a story for his children? It was fun to read.
Heather
Nov 24, 2012 Heather rated it it was ok
A good read for a third-grade boy. I checked this out thinking it was another Baldacci mystery - not so.
Robbie
Feb 19, 2014 Robbie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Cooper Nelson
I read this to see if it would be a good one to recommend to my 9-year old grandson. I think he would like it. It's very hard to rate one that's for young people, but I gave it 3.5 stars.
Yeshua
Mar 07, 2014 Yeshua rated it did not like it
a boring book not to my tastes its abook about some some genetecly alterd french fries that couse some truble.
Lakis Fourouklas
Lakis Fourouklas rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2014
Joshua
Joshua rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2013
Anniefan
Anniefan rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2008
Joshua Bullock
Joshua Bullock rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2014
Lori Amidon brabant
Lori Amidon brabant rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
Jenise
Jenise rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2013
Shan Shwe
Shan Shwe rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Charles
Charles rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2011
Annie Hayes
Annie Hayes rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
IJF
IJF rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Helen Malzer
Helen Malzer rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2016
  • The Steps (Steps, #1)
  • The Winner by David Baldacci Summary & Study Guide
  • Leon and the Spitting Image
  • White Jacket or, the World on a Man-of-War
  • The Hero Revealed (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #1)
  • Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, & Yawn
  • SantaKid
David Baldacci writes because he can't imagine not writing. He published his first novel, Absolute Power, in 1996; one year later, it was adapted for film, with Clint Eastwood as its director and star. In total, David has published 30 novels for adults; all have been national and international bestsellers, and several have been adapted for film and television. His novels have been translated into ...more
More about David Baldacci...

Freddy And The French Fries (2 books)
  • The Mystery of Silas Finklebean (Freddy and the French Fries, #2)