Start by marking “Shinobi, Book One: Concealed in Shadows” as Want to Read:
Shinobi, Book One: Concealed in Shadows

Shinobi, Book One: Concealed in Shadows (Shinobi Series #1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In modern day Japan, the ninja legends live on in a grim saga of political maneuverings, betrayal, sexual abuse, torture and dark homoeroticism.

The Shinobi clans lurk in the shadows, performing services that not even the hardened Yakuza will touch. Takahashi Yoshi fulfills his duty with soul-stripping resolve, each assignment driving a nail into a coffin of lost faith. Aft
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Shinobi, Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shinobi, Book One

Michael Joseph
This review was originally written for BDSM Book Reviews.

Yoshi Takahashi is his ninja clan's most powerful assassin, the feared "Shadow Wolf". Only he hasn't been practicing his art much in recent years. The clan leader finds it more profitable - for her - to pimp him out as a sex toy to other clans and Yakuza crime lords to pay for her gambling and opium habits.

Early on in the book, we're given a rather lengthy description of the sexual tortures to which Yoshi is subjected when he is sent on as
Anders
I bought this book because of the fabulous cover and publicity the author has done. Reading the blurb, I thought it looked interesting, and having watched a few Japanese anime about ninjas over the years, I thought I'd check it out. Unfortunately, the book was a disappointment.

This book had such a cool premise-a talented shinobi (warrior), forced to prostitute himself for the good of his clan, who is so battered emotionally and physically by his own people that he is really just waiting to die.
Nemesis
Characters with so much potential, but their development, if that can be called as such, left me disappointed. I was intrigued by the darker aspects of this story, the description made it so full of expectations. Where are the high-skilled shinobi and the long-experienced torturer? We don't see them acting as the professionals they are supposed to be.
Marsha Spence
Extremely intense but completely engrossing. Although I was at the point where is one more person abused Yoshi I didn't know if I could finish. Just be prepared. Well written and very interesting.
Frankie Saxx
I knew, when I started Shinobi, that I didn't care for erotica or BDSM, and so I mostly skimmed those scenes. I did enjoy the story and the characters, and I suspect that many of the things I would highlight as flaws in this book are the result of genre constraints and not the abilities of the writer. (I would've liked more focus on the story and less on the sex, for instance, and I wish the paranormal aspects and the use of ki had more prominence and definition. :)

Shinobi also left me with no d
Jessica Degarmo
Shinobi was an unexpected surprise for me. I knew what the book was about, having seen it mentioned on several social networking sites, but I had no idea it was as good as it was!

Shinobi takes place in modern day Japan, where clans of ninjas are at war with each other. Yoshi, the main character, is a shadow wolf, and a very special ninja. He is also used as a sex slave/whipping boy to fund the drug/other habits of the malevoent Rin.Yoshi is an amazing character, used to years of abuse, a powerfu
Poppet
I read this book when it was still available in two separate parts... so here is my review split into two

This book opens with intensity. Within two chapters you are eyeballs deep in visceral pain, shocked at the level of abuse and brutality displayed boldly on a crisp white page. Shinobi takes your comfort zone and smashes it. This is desperately required if you are going to get inside the head of Yoshi, the Shinobi who is the main character in this book.

Unlike other reviewers, I'm taking this r
Bev
First definitely not for the under 18s.

As a middle aged, heterosexual mother of two I approached this book with some trepidation. One of my dearest friends is a gay man and I adore him and his partner, but was I ready to read homosexual erotica?
To begin with the level of abuse the hero experienced made me cringe, but once I was past that, I began to realise that the book is more than anything else about love.
A deep and very beautiful love between two people who just happen to be the same sex. Th
Eden Baylee
Male/male erotica is a genre I was unfamiliar with until I picked up this book. I did not know about the plot and was intrigued by the synopsis about an elite warrior society inside an ancient Japanese culture.

I've read BDSM, but not in the way Ms. Batto writes. This is not a story for the faint of heart. I cringed at some parts, and I'm not someone who is easily shocked. The sexual torture scenes are difficult but not gratuitous. They are vital to the story, as are the scenes of love, redemptio
Samantha Towle
Sessha Batto is an incredibly talented author, she has a wonderful play on words, and pulls you into the world she has created keeping you gripped until the last word. Shinobi is not the type of book I would normally choose to read but I was recommended to do so by a friend and I’m really glad she did. Shinobi is powerful, intense and engrossing, and now it’s my turn to recommend that everyone read this book. Go buy it now, you won’t regret it.
Brandon Shire
Different, which I enjoyed.
Furiare
Furiare marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Karyta
Karyta marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
M'rella
M'rella marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Alexandria
Alexandria marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Elaina
Elaina marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
Kynthos-the-Archer
Kynthos-the-Archer marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Questionable Cont...: March Sponsor 1 9 Mar 04, 2012 08:24AM
Sword carrying Buddhist author of transgressive homoerotic fiction

Sessha turned to writing full time after a twenty year stint in video production editing, scripting and creating motion graphics. Published works include the Shinobi Saga (Geisha, Shadow Wolf and the soon to be released Ripples), and Strength of Will. Her short fiction is collected in the anthology Sex Ray Specs. Her short story The
More about Sessha Batto...

Shinobi Series (2 books)
  • Shinobi, Book Two: Struggle for Balance
Geisha (A Shadow Wolf Prequel) Perfect Match In Dreams Strength of Will Shinobi, Book Two: Struggle for Balance