Start by marking “In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven” as Want to Read:
In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven

In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The deepest longing of your heart is for one person and one place.Jesus is that person.Heaven is that place.

A thousand counterfeits vie for your attention, trying to convince you that they are what you're looking for.But you'll never find true satisfaction with what the Shadowlands of this world have to offer.What you really crave can only be found in the land of substance
Published December 1st 1999 by WaterBrook Press (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about In Light of Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Light of Eternity

Michelle
A delightful encouragement of heart, soul and mind! Giving us a clearer picture of all that God HAS told us about heaven in His Word, Alcorn draws us closer to Jesus in love, gratitude and hope, for ourselves and our loved ones. I will reread this, probably a few times. One critic complained about the many quotes from his own previous books; this was not a problem for me as I felt they were much like verbal "illustrations" inserted to clarify his points. He is the first to admonish all who read ...more
Greensmith
This book is a real eye opener. Lots of Scripture references.
It certainly dispels the "Hollywood" version of Heaven.
I prefer the REAL version!
Jerry
This book changed my perspective on heaven. I was taught spirits floating and praising God. This book tells us that there will be a life there and not just floating spirits.
Andrea Pal
Great book! Lots of good insight and explanations with Bible verses to prove his points. Very informative and easy to read. Enjoyable and thought provoking!
Kathy Rogers
Best little book on heaven I have ever read! Love Randy's insights and that he backs it all up with scripture...actually excites you about going to heaven!!
Christa Baker
Very rich with scripture and full of different view points on what we know as "eternity". I really enjoyed this book.
Christopher Brehm
Excellent book. It has a way of capturing your mind and transporting you into this book's vision of heaven.
Laura Holland
I was given this book when our son was killed. Alcorn expands your views of heaven.
Sandy
Jul 16, 2013 Sandy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Great book, I really enjoyed. I could hardly put it down. Highly recommend!
Jo
Good information by a trusted author, but a slow read for me.
Wil
An interesting, Biblical discussion of eternity and heaven.
Charles
on chapter 3 like it a lot so far. very good.
Abbey
I would recommend this to anyone!
nat
Apr 12, 2011 nat marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
gift from Kak Echa :)
Tim Nicholas
Tim Nicholas marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Carolyn Churchill
Carolyn Churchill marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Callie
Callie is currently reading it
Jun 09, 2015
Brad W
Brad W is currently reading it
May 27, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
  • The Daniel Fast: Feed Your Soul, Strengthen Your Spirit, and Renew Your Body
  • Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
  • He Walks Among Us: Encounters with Christ in a Broken World
  • Our Covenant God: Living in the Security of His Unfailing Love
  • No More Christian Nice Girl: When Just Being Nice--Instead of Good--Hurts You, Your Family, and Your Friends
  • Brokenness: The Heart God Revives
  • Experiencing the Holy Spirit
  • The Power of Words and the Wonder of God
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim
More about Randy Alcorn...
Courageous Safely Home Heaven Deadline (Ollie Chandler #1) Dominion (Ollie Chandler #2)