Start by marking “In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven” as Want to Read:
In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven

In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven

The deepest longing of your heart is for one person and one place.Jesus is that person.Heaven is that place.

A thousand counterfeits vie for your attention, trying to convince you that they are what you're looking for.But you'll never find true satisfaction with what the Shadowlands of this world have to offer.What you really crave can only be found in the land of substance
Published December 1st 1999 by WaterBrook (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about In Light of Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Light of Eternity

Aug 05, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
A delightful encouragement of heart, soul and mind! Giving us a clearer picture of all that God HAS told us about heaven in His Word, Alcorn draws us closer to Jesus in love, gratitude and hope, for ourselves and our loved ones. I will reread this, probably a few times. One critic complained about the many quotes from his own previous books; this was not a problem for me as I felt they were much like verbal "illustrations" inserted to clarify his points. He is the first to admonish all who read ...more
Jesvin Jose
Oct 14, 2016 Jesvin Jose rated it it was amazing
Excellent book...Portrays heaven using Biblical imagination! Thoroughly enjoyed reading it (though at times some concepts can seem like speculation - I still wish and hope much of it is true). Nonetheless, an uplifting read and highly recommended!
Feb 24, 2016 Denham rated it really liked it
Excellent short book that puts this life into perspective. Very impactful.
Becky Giovagnoni
Dec 05, 2015 Becky Giovagnoni rated it it was ok
It's hard to decide how to rate this book. The first 3/4 get one star. This is because it is almost all excerpts from other books he's written. If I wanted to read those books, I would've read them. The last quarter of the book I found helpful. He isn't quoting other books ... he's writing his own stuff. But the majority of the book I felt was a waste of time.

I only finished this book because I dislike not finishing books. I'm glad I did because the last few chapters were the best part of the bo
Jun 15, 2015 Greensmith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This book is a real eye opener. Lots of Scripture references.
It certainly dispels the "Hollywood" version of Heaven.
I prefer the REAL version!
David Tooy
Oct 22, 2015 David Tooy rated it it was amazing
What a great book! It' well-written and very brief about a heavy subject such as eternity. It has helped me to see beyond what I could see, which is the world to come. And I think every Christian should read a kind of book like this one.
May 12, 2010 Jerry rated it really liked it
This book changed my perspective on heaven. I was taught spirits floating and praising God. This book tells us that there will be a life there and not just floating spirits.
Andrea Pal
Great book! Lots of good insight and explanations with Bible verses to prove his points. Very informative and easy to read. Enjoyable and thought provoking!
Kathy Rogers
Dec 13, 2012 Kathy Rogers rated it it was amazing
Best little book on heaven I have ever read! Love Randy's insights and that he backs it all up with scripture...actually excites you about going to heaven!!
Christa Baker
Jan 15, 2008 Christa Baker rated it really liked it
Very rich with scripture and full of different view points on what we know as "eternity". I really enjoyed this book.
Christopher Brehm
Dec 15, 2015 Christopher Brehm rated it really liked it
Shelves: theology, christian, own
Excellent book. It has a way of capturing your mind and transporting you into this book's vision of heaven.
Laura Holland
Jul 28, 2011 Laura Holland rated it really liked it
I was given this book when our son was killed. Alcorn expands your views of heaven.
Jul 16, 2013 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Great book, I really enjoyed. I could hardly put it down. Highly recommend!
May 31, 2012 Jo rated it liked it
Good information by a trusted author, but a slow read for me.
Jun 09, 2008 Wil rated it really liked it
An interesting, Biblical discussion of eternity and heaven.
Jun 29, 2012 Charles rated it it was amazing
on chapter 3 like it a lot so far. very good.
Abigail Lohmann
Dec 29, 2012 Abigail Lohmann rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this to anyone!
Apr 12, 2011 nat marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
gift from Kak Echa :)
RW Bennett
RW Bennett marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
Michael Russ
Michael Russ rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2016
Sharienne marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2016
stephanie rednour
stephanie rednour rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2016
Nancy Boyd
Nancy Boyd rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2016
Holly Patterson wade
Holly Patterson wade is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2016
lawrence mitzen
lawrence mitzen rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2016
Betty A Huff
Betty A Huff is currently reading it
Oct 15, 2016
Jandrew marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
Ron is currently reading it
Mandie Crago
Mandie Crago marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2016
Lisa is currently reading it
  • Religion Saves: And Nine Other Misconceptions
  • My Heart's Cry
  • The Message Proverbs
  • God Rest Ye Merry: Why Christmas Is the Foundation for Everything
  • Kingdom of Priests: A History of Old Testament Israel
  • Every Heart Restored: A Wife's Guide to Healing in the Wake of a Husband's Sexual Sin
  • Soul Talk: The Language God Longs for Us to Speak
  • Pleasing People: How not to be an "approval junkie"
  • The Shelter of God's Promises
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim
More about Randy Alcorn...