Start by marking “In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven” as Want to Read:
In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven

In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven

The deepest longing of your heart is for one person and one place.Jesus is that person.Heaven is that place.

A thousand counterfeits vie for your attention, trying to convince you that they are what you're looking for.But you'll never find true satisfaction with what the Shadowlands of this world have to offer.What you really crave can only be found in the land of substance
Published December 1st 1999 by WaterBrook (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about In Light of Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Light of Eternity

Jesvin Jose
Oct 14, 2016 Jesvin Jose rated it it was amazing
Excellent book...Portrays heaven using Biblical imagination! Thoroughly enjoyed reading it (though at times some concepts can seem like speculation - I still wish and hope much of it is true). Nonetheless, an uplifting read and highly recommended!
Michelle
Aug 05, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
A delightful encouragement of heart, soul and mind! Giving us a clearer picture of all that God HAS told us about heaven in His Word, Alcorn draws us closer to Jesus in love, gratitude and hope, for ourselves and our loved ones. I will reread this, probably a few times. One critic complained about the many quotes from his own previous books; this was not a problem for me as I felt they were much like verbal "illustrations" inserted to clarify his points. He is the first to admonish all who read ...more
Becky Giovagnoni
Dec 05, 2015 Becky Giovagnoni rated it it was ok
It's hard to decide how to rate this book. The first 3/4 get one star. This is because it is almost all excerpts from other books he's written. If I wanted to read those books, I would've read them. The last quarter of the book I found helpful. He isn't quoting other books ... he's writing his own stuff. But the majority of the book I felt was a waste of time.

I only finished this book because I dislike not finishing books. I'm glad I did because the last few chapters were the best part of the bo
David Tooy
Oct 22, 2015 David Tooy rated it it was amazing
What a great book! It' well-written and very brief about a heavy subject such as eternity. It has helped me to see beyond what I could see, which is the world to come. And I think every Christian should read a kind of book like this one.
Greensmith
Jun 15, 2015 Greensmith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This book is a real eye opener. Lots of Scripture references.
It certainly dispels the "Hollywood" version of Heaven.
I prefer the REAL version!
Andrea Pal
Great book! Lots of good insight and explanations with Bible verses to prove his points. Very informative and easy to read. Enjoyable and thought provoking!
Christopher Brehm
Dec 15, 2015 Christopher Brehm rated it really liked it
Shelves: theology, christian, own
Excellent book. It has a way of capturing your mind and transporting you into this book's vision of heaven.
Christa Baker
Jan 15, 2008 Christa Baker rated it really liked it
Very rich with scripture and full of different view points on what we know as "eternity". I really enjoyed this book.
Kathy Rogers
Dec 13, 2012 Kathy Rogers rated it it was amazing
Best little book on heaven I have ever read! Love Randy's insights and that he backs it all up with scripture...actually excites you about going to heaven!!
Jerry
May 12, 2010 Jerry rated it really liked it
This book changed my perspective on heaven. I was taught spirits floating and praising God. This book tells us that there will be a life there and not just floating spirits.
Christy Hilmas
Christy Hilmas rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2013
Lesley
Lesley rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Stephanie Hegstad
Stephanie Hegstad rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2011
Champ
Champ rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Brian Williams
Brian Williams rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Melissa Terrell-agnew
Melissa Terrell-agnew rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Peter Schweitzer
Peter Schweitzer rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2015
Tk
Tk rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
Marty
Marty rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Missy Caulk
Missy Caulk rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2013
Lorilyn Roberts
Lorilyn Roberts rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2012
Theo Veldhuis
Theo Veldhuis rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2012
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Junessa
Junessa rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Ona Mae
Ona Mae rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
  • My Heart's Cry
  • The Message Proverbs
  • God Rest Ye Merry: Why Christmas Is the Foundation for Everything
  • Kingdom of Priests: A History of Old Testament Israel
  • Every Heart Restored: A Wife's Guide to Healing in the Wake of a Husband's Sexual Sin (The Every Man Series)
  • Soul Talk: The Language God Longs for Us to Speak
  • Pleasing People: How not to be an "approval junkie"
  • The Shelter of God's Promises
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim
More about Randy Alcorn...