Start by marking “In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven” as Want to Read:
In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven

In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  171 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The deepest longing of your heart is for one person and one place.Jesus is that person.Heaven is that place.

A thousand counterfeits vie for your attention, trying to convince you that they are what you're looking for.But you'll never find true satisfaction with what the Shadowlands of this world have to offer.What you really crave can only be found in the land of substance
Published December 1st 1999 by WaterBrook Press (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about In Light of Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Light of Eternity

A delightful encouragement of heart, soul and mind! Giving us a clearer picture of all that God HAS told us about heaven in His Word, Alcorn draws us closer to Jesus in love, gratitude and hope, for ourselves and our loved ones. I will reread this, probably a few times. One critic complained about the many quotes from his own previous books; this was not a problem for me as I felt they were much like verbal "illustrations" inserted to clarify his points. He is the first to admonish all who read ...more
This book is a real eye opener. Lots of Scripture references.
It certainly dispels the "Hollywood" version of Heaven.
I prefer the REAL version!
This book changed my perspective on heaven. I was taught spirits floating and praising God. This book tells us that there will be a life there and not just floating spirits.
Andrea Pal
Great book! Lots of good insight and explanations with Bible verses to prove his points. Very informative and easy to read. Enjoyable and thought provoking!
Kathy Rogers
Best little book on heaven I have ever read! Love Randy's insights and that he backs it all up with scripture...actually excites you about going to heaven!!
Christa Baker
Very rich with scripture and full of different view points on what we know as "eternity". I really enjoyed this book.
Christopher Brehm
Excellent book. It has a way of capturing your mind and transporting you into this book's vision of heaven.
Laura Holland
I was given this book when our son was killed. Alcorn expands your views of heaven.
Jul 16, 2013 Sandy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Great book, I really enjoyed. I could hardly put it down. Highly recommend!
Good information by a trusted author, but a slow read for me.
An interesting, Biblical discussion of eternity and heaven.
on chapter 3 like it a lot so far. very good.
Abigail Lohmann
I would recommend this to anyone!
Apr 12, 2011 nat marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
gift from Kak Echa :)
Carolyn Vandine west
Carolyn Vandine west marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Patty Brown
Patty Brown marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Lourisse Almadrones
Lourisse Almadrones marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Wes Parsons
Wes Parsons marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Nwachukwu Ekene
Nwachukwu Ekene marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Becky Giovagnoni
Becky Giovagnoni is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2015
  • The Daniel Fast: Feed Your Soul, Strengthen Your Spirit, and Renew Your Body
  • Soulprint: Discovering Your Divine Destiny
  • Embracing Obscurity: Becoming Nothing in Light of God’s Everything
  • The Shelter of God's Promises
  • Making Jesus Lord: The Dynamic Power of Laying Down Your Rights (From Loren Cunningham)
  • A Hunger for God
  • My Heart's Cry
  • Every Heart Restored: A Wife's Guide to Healing in the Wake of a Husband's Sexual Sin (The Every Man Series)
  • Heaven Misplaced
  • Passing by Samaria
  • The Mark of the Christian
  • Holding Hands, Holding Hearts: Recovering a Biblical View of Christian Dating
  • Rumors of God: Experience the Kind of Faith You've Only Heard About
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim
More about Randy Alcorn...
Courageous Safely Home Heaven Deadline (Ollie Chandler #1) Dominion (Ollie Chandler #2)