Start by marking “Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 4: Dungeon of Doom (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #4)” as Want to Read:
Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 4: Dungeon of Doom (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #4)

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 4: Dungeon of Doom (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist #4)

The action moves underground as the tournament continues! Bandit Keith, the cutthroat American gamer, drags Jonouchi into the corpse-fulled catacombs for a match with "Ghost" Kozuka, master of the undead. Traped in the tunnels beneath Duelist Kingdom, Yugi and Jonouchi must conquer the maze of the Meikyû Brothers in a two-on-two duel. It's monster vs. monster in the ...more
Published May 4th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 8th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Yu-Gi-Oh!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yu-Gi-Oh!

Chelsea Gouin
Nov 25, 2016 Chelsea Gouin rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-and-comics
This volume continues the Duelist Tournament. However, Dungeon of Doom is heavily a Jonouchi tale. He's targeted by Bandit Kieth's gang of goons and dragged underground to battle in a crypt. This time, he doesn't have his friends to help however. Jonouchi faces off against Bones and his creepy zombie monsters relying only on his own instinct...he's also haunted by Kaiba's taunts of being a "loser". Somehow he manages to pull it off and gains his confidence back but the friends are now stuck in ...more
Seamaiden
Sep 20, 2016 Seamaiden rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-comics
This volume was exactly the same as the anime. Since I loved the episodes in the anime, I couldn't but love the manga volume too. The artwork is wonderful. I really loved the way Joey and Yugi work together in fighting the twin brothers. It is brilliant.
Nov 26, 2016 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
As explained in the blurb this book only covers two duels, that of Jonouchi and Zombie and that of Yugi and Jonouchi with the Paradox Brothers.
In the manga it is revealed that Keith is not even supposed to be part of the Duelist Kingdom tournament. He has snuck onto the island and believes that if he can get into the castle with 10 star chips no one will question that he is there. In this way he does no dueling of his own on the island, but uses others to duel for him and then steals their glove
Jerry
Aug 25, 2015 Jerry rated it really liked it
A Quickie Review

I actually recall the anime episode that ties in with this book, though it has been a while since I've seen it. The card duels are as epic as ever; the sexuality, however, was toned down, with the sultry character Mai getting no more than a brief mention. However, the language--mostly implied via symbols--was a bit too frequent; then again, maybe I'm just used to the 4Kids dub.

Score: 4/5
Sarah Maddaford
The two on two format of this duel is pretty awesome, though it would have been more awesome with Yugi and Kaiba (I like Jonouichi, but not nearly as much as I like Kaiba later in the series). I still wish that Anzu could fall in a hole, she is just the token female character and Ryou almost fills that role.
Language and violence are about the same with sexuality and innuendo going way down in this book with the massive focus on the games rather than interpersonal interactions.
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
I loved the anime when I was younger. Never picked up the Duelist or Millennium World manga series until now; this one just showed up in the mail today :) CAN I WATCH THE SHOW AGAIN NOW PLEASE?? I'm having the best kind of flashbacks with this. And I miss my card deck, dammit. Wonder whatever happened to it...
Shea Kaiba
Apr 23, 2016 Shea Kaiba rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Manga and Yu-Gi-Oh fans
I enjoyed reading the original Takahashi view of this part of Duelist Kingdom. However, I did dock a star for all of the darker elements that come with Takahashi's take. It was nice to see some good Kaiba art as well.
Overall, a good read. (Pun not intended)
Enjoy!
The Lonely Angel
Apr 14, 2011 The Lonely Angel rated it it was amazing
who names their kid yugi? and more then that, who manes their kid honda????? oh well, still love yugi! ^^
Justin
Justin rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2011
Spoke
Spoke rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Natalia
Natalia rated it liked it
May 12, 2009
Cassie
Cassie rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Agthoven
Agthoven rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Madison Kimura
Madison Kimura rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Ronald van Spengen
Ronald van Spengen rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2010
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Pierce Withers
Pierce Withers rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2012
Yi
Yi rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2009
Fred Cherrygarden
Fred Cherrygarden rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2010
Yuvi Amisadai
Yuvi Amisadai rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2013
1996mouse
1996mouse rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2013
Rowannan
Rowannan rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Div.txt
Div.txt rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2014
Cornbread
Cornbread rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2010
Yuxin Shi
Yuxin Shi rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2012
  • Shaman King, Vol. 23: Epilogue IV
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 5
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 3 (Chrono Crusade, #3)
Takahashi started as a mangaka in 1982. His first work was Tokiō no Tsuma (闘輝王の鷹), published in 1990. One of his earliest works was Tennenshokudanji Buray (天然色男児BURAY), which lasted for two volumes and was published from 1991 to 1992. Takahashi did not find success until 1996 when he created Yu-Gi-Oh!
More about Kazuki Takahashi...

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, Vol. 1:  Duelist Kingdom (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #1)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 2: The Puppet Master (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #2)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 3: The Player Killer (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #3)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 5: Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #5)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 6: The Terror of Toon World (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #6)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 7: Heavy Metal Raiders (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #7)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 8: Yugi vs. Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #8)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 9: Dungeon Dice Monsters (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #9)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 10: The Egyptian God Cards (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duelist, Vol. 11: The Shadow of Marik (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #11)