Start by marking “Moonfire (Australian, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moonfire (Australian, #1)

Moonfire (Australian #1)

An American beauty stranded by a shattered promise on Australia’s vast shores. . . .

After sailing to Australia only to find that the man who asked her to marry him has no intention of fulfilling his part of the bargain, Maggie Chamberlain vows to shape a new life for herself in Sydney. Then arrogant, wealthy Reeve McKenna captures Maggie’s untried heart, thrilling her sen
Published May 24th 2011 by Pocket Books (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Moonfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonfire

Barbara ★
Reeve McKenna and his brother, Jamie are separated as teenagers in Ireland as Jamie is transported for thievery and Reeve departs on a whaling ship for Australia. 20 years have passed and Reeve has spent a good portion of that time trying to find his brother.

Maggie Chamberlain is an actress in London who believes Philip when he tells her he loves her and has her travel to Sydney as an indigent who will then be expected to repay her passage as a servant for three years unless she marries. Of cou
Wendy
Nov 15, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance lovers
This is a story about Two brothers, Reeve and Jamie McKenna, born in Ireland and then forced to leave. One being transported as a punishment for theivery, the other on a whaling ship. Both end up in Australia, but not together again for 20 years.

Maggie Chamberlain is an American who has taken ship to Australia on a promise of love and marriage. When she arrives there is no love and no marriage.

When Maggie meets Reeve McKenna, things start to change for her and she falls for this selfmade wealt
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
I'm a devoted fan of Linda Lael Miller and was really looking forward to reading this book, but this heroine completely ruined the experience for me. Maggie was young and terribly insecure. She was also severely lacking in the common sense department. I definitely understood all the Taming of the Shrew references dropped into the story. Maggie could whine, pout, stomp her feet and throw tantrums (and crockery) like a wild woman. I was ready to drop kick her into the next decade myself!

The story
Laurel
Sep 23, 2009 Laurel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 11th-grade
This story is about how a girl named Maggie found her unexpected love in Australia. Maggie had gone out with a Australian named Philip, who had promised her that he'll marry him and give her a role in his play when she comes to Australia. Innocently believing him, Maggie leaves her homeland America to a new foreign land to find out that Philip was never serious about keeping his promise. But there she met one of Australia's richest man, Reeve. Famous for having several affairs at once, Reeve and ...more
Christel
Apr 27, 2008 Christel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: LLM readers, Historical romance readers
First book in the Austrailian series by Ms. Miller. Not a bad read. This is the story of an American and an Irishman in the land down under. Good story, great character development and it will go on my keeper shelf. I am reading book 2 now and I am enjoying it also
Haylie
Apr 27, 2008 Haylie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
i really liked this story, except for the fact that there was too much suspence! Well, i mean that if one dramatic thing wasn't happening it was another! Those scenes went on forever, until you just wanted to hurt somebody! (i sure did!!lol) But don't get me wrong, it was an awesome book and it had a very happy ending!!!
JoAnne
Oct 29, 2012 JoAnne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this new series set in Australia. Complex characters, beautiful and vivid descriptions of different locations in Australia. Nice closure with some happily ever afters and loose ends tied up but I knew there had to be more stories to tell. Was happy to see this is Australia #1 in the series.
Love Linda Lael Miller's cowboy stories and series too. Give her a try if you haven't already.
Carol
Oct 28, 2009 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, have
I've read a lot of LLM's books but this one was the worst written. I couldn't relate to characters or understand their motivation. It was good enough to read but no where near what she usually writes
Lori L Simmons
Oct 02, 2015 Lori L Simmons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Another excellent book by Miller. Twists, turns, varied geography, and love stories keep you on the edge of your seat. A must read.
karen
Mar 02, 2016 karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast read. I liked Maggie's independence and Reeve's tenderness. Wish more was brought out about Elisabeth
Doug
Sep 14, 2011 Doug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i enjoyed reading this little romance I would have liked a little more suspense and mystery and less goofy story about a whaling trip and the post traumatic stress it caused the hero.
Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Chrysta
Chrysta rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Loyd Dennis
Loyd Dennis rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Jen Stoddard
Jen Stoddard rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Fern
Fern rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2010
Mary Clemens
Mary Clemens rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Toni
Toni rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2012
Sharon Kennedy
Sharon Kennedy rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Shae Hindes
Shae Hindes rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Teri
Teri rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2012
Ashley MacDonald
Ashley MacDonald rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2010
larry w ritchie
larry w ritchie rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Penny Myers
Penny Myers rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Rachel
ok, I'm ready for part 2 of this book
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2011
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Whispers of Heaven
  • Shadow Play
  • In Our Dreams
  • The Panther & the Pyramid (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #4)
  • OUTLAW'S BRIDE [ November 1993 ] (She was the tomboy tease he remembered as a kid... now a bewitching beauty determined to lasso his heart)
  • Across a Wine-Dark Sea (Merfolk Trilogy, #1)
  • Once an Angel
  • Just a Kiss Away
  • Tall, Dark, and Texan (Whispering Mountain, #3)
  • Summer Sensations: Overload, The Leopard's Woman, Lonesome Rider
  • Must Have Been the Moonlight (Donally Family, #2)
  • Acts of Love
  • Wild Silver (The Delaneys, #9) (The Delaneys, The Untamed Years, #2)
  • Truly a Wife (Free Fellows League, #4)
  • The Tiger's Lady (Dangerous Heroes, #3)
  • Sunrise Over Texas
  • Most Eagerly Yours (Her Majesty's Secret Servants #1)
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

Australian (2 books)
  • Angelfire (Australian, #2)