Start by marking “Everybody Dies: A Children's Book for Grown Ups” as Want to Read:
Everybody Dies: A Children's Book for Grown Ups

Everybody Dies: A Children's Book for Grown Ups

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Written and illustrated by Ken Tanaka, Everybody Dies uses colorful illustrations to help grown-ups come to terms with the unavoidable fate that awaits them. Although meant for adults, Everybody Dies may be most effective when read to frightened parents by their children.
Published October 1st 2011 by Maximum Pleasant Publishing (first published June 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Everybody Dies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everybody Dies

karen

everybody knows

but in this book, it's just a little cuter

photo DSC06218_zpsfaa889f0.jpg

and

photo DSC06220_zpsfd5a809f.jpg

this is a fine picture book to remind adults that death is as natural as living, and can be as fun to think about! i mean, look at these endpapers - whe!

photo DSC06217_zps6cb3322d.jpg

and it's not just funny, it is a book that cares deeply about you

photo DSC06219_zps7e39962b.jpg

well, are ya? are ya?? answer me!

and after bleaking us out about all the cute animals that will die, but then cheering us by reminding us how crowdy it would be if everything lived forever, there are fun games to play
Timothy Hinkle
Meh. If you want to read a picture book about death, pick up Michael Rosen's Sad Book.

This struck me as being basically a parody of the classic Everyone Poops rather than an actual meditation on death, even at a children's book level.
Brendon Connelly
Cute, fun, easy to read. Some of the language is may not be compatible with your beliefs.
Kelly
So, so funny. This book is miles ahead of "All my friends are dead" and its sequel.
Cailey
Very entertaining. Fun illustrations, and I actually did learn something!
Trish
This kicked off my October reading list. Made me laugh.
-k The Lady Critic
What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Hahahahahahhahahahahaha.
Andrew
Required reading for all humans.
Jessica T.
SPOILERS.... everybody dies.
Kat
My son and I had been looking for a book about death, and this is the first one we found that spoke to us. My seven year old son really loved the illustration style. He liked that it was something he could relate to and he also felt that it was a book his dad would have appreciated. Reading the book helped him cope with his grief and helped make him feel like he wasn't alone with his suffering. It's a statement of fact,"everybody dies".
Meaghan
Meh. I didn't find this funny at all. For a death-related "children's book for grownups" try All My Friends are Dead instead.
Cassie
We just got this in at the library. We sat at the desk reading it and laughing. It brings humor to a not very funny situation, which is sometimes the only way to deal with it. It's quirky and great.
Neil
Everyone should read this. Best line, "157 people die every second. Are you still there?"

Brilliant
Omar
Jul 18, 2012 Omar rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: adult
Disturbingly hilarious in a dark way.
Christi Ginger
Christi Ginger marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Ian Kilgore
Ian Kilgore marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Mandi Mortis
Mandi Mortis marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Jared Harmon
Jared Harmon marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Chen Avni
Chen Avni marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Abel
Abel added it
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Tips for Self Pro...: Publicists? 4 19 Jan 02, 2014 07:59PM
Tips for Self Pro...: Publishers Weekly Review. Got one, but how do I utilize it 7 49 Sep 27, 2011 10:11PM
Pseudonym of David Ury.

David Brian Ury is an American film and television actor, stand-up comedian and Japanese film, anime and manga translation specialist.
More about Ken Tanaka...
Everybody Dies: A Children's Book for Grown-ups World's Four Great Investors Transition-Metal-Mediated Aromatic Ring Construction Nichiren