Start by marking “Modern Mix: 16 Sewing Projects That Combine Designer Prints & Solid Fabrics, 7 Quilts + Pillows, Bags & More” as Want to Read:

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  38 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Printed fabric is eye-catching, but when it's paired with the right solid, the result can be truly brilliant. This how-to book features 16 projects with a contemporary style that exemplify the dynamic partnership of large-scale prints and bright solids.
Published October 16th 2011 by C&T Publishing (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Modern Mix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Modern Mix

KellyS
May 10, 2012 KellyS rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quilting
I fell in love with the quilt on the cover of Modern Mix (Pebble Road Quilt) and was thrilled to see so many more projects in the book that I also love. Modern Mix is written with beginner to intermediate quilters in mind, author Jessica Levitt shows the basics of quilting with clear instructions and beautiful pictures and diagrams to follow. Modern Mix focuses on combining solid colors with prints in quilts, and Jessica Levitt does a beautiful job. The book contains 16 total projects, including ...more
liberal sprinkles
When I first started sewing two years ago, I used lots of print fabrics because I was just amazed at the designs available. It was only after a few months that I "discovered" the amazing qualities of good, old, plain solids. What a great way to mix fabrics and bring out the uniqueness of prints.

I was quite excited when I won an e-copy of Modern Mix in a giveaway because the concept of mixing solids and prints is something I really like and try and practize in my sewing. I like the book - author
Megan
Dec 31, 2013 Megan rated it really liked it
I liked Jessica's book, there were a few projects that I was really drawn to, especially her twin string quilt. I had never though to use a muslin base to piece the string blocks, nor have I ever tried a string block. Her directions were clear and concise, but I was a little thrown off on how the book was ordered and organized. Also I'm surprised by how quickly the world of modern quilting is evolving and find some things in this book, not even three years old, almost out of date. Crazy! Still a ...more
Laura Ellison
Jun 30, 2013 Laura Ellison added it
Shelves: quilting
Some very creative and inspiring designs. I liked the wall file holder, the pebble quilt on the cover, the berry pillow and several other projects. Very good fabric choice and designs. I would recommend this book to more advanced sewers.
Cindy
Mar 25, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it
646.2 Le

pg 39 - tote made with 9 different prints cut into stripes

pg 63 String quilt

pg 101 pillow with berry colored circles and a green vine. I really like this treatment.
Bethany
Feb 23, 2012 Bethany rated it liked it
Fun easy projects with a modern flair. Great technique descriptions and sewing tips. My favorite projects: her king size quilt and a darling "traffic jam" quilt for a boy.
Michelle
Mar 03, 2013 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts
I've never made a quilt, but if I do, I will use one of the patterns in this book. I love modern quilt designs. There are also non-blanket projects in this book.
Seana
Sep 30, 2013 Seana rated it liked it
Shelves: quilts
Would make the essentials bag but the drawings look confusing, maybe if I could find an online review.
Sarah Cofer
Dec 13, 2011 Sarah Cofer rated it really liked it
Shelves: sewing
Neat patterns! lots of quilt ideas

Will be making the file "Wall pocket"
Mckinley
Jul 10, 2012 Mckinley rated it liked it
Shelves: craft, non-fiction, sew
Nice matching. Good variety of patterns for things to sew.
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Paisley Parkes
Paisley Parkes rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Candy
Candy marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Shiphrah
Shiphrah rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Anne Andersen
Anne Andersen rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015
Carol Nelson
Carol Nelson rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
JC
JC rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2015
Kathi
Kathi marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Polly
Polly rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Jennifer Shermer
Jennifer Shermer rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Becky Bailey
Becky Bailey rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Jody
Jody marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 02, 2014
Johanna Stapleton
Johanna Stapleton rated it really liked it
May 19, 2014
Sarah Stillman
Sarah Stillman rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2014