Brave Charlotte

Brave Charlotte

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Charlotte is different from all the other sheep. She likes to explore the world around her, climbing up trees and wandering near the dangerous road while the wary old sheep "tut,, tut, tut." But when danger strikes, only Charlotte is brave enough to go for help and save the day. This beautifully illustrated tale speaks to all shy little sheep who stand out from the crowd a...more
Published October 7th 2005 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published October 1st 2005)

Barbara
Jun 03, 2008 Barbara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: PreSchool - Gr 2
Summary(CIP): A headstrong sheep rescues the flock when their shepherd is injured.

REVIEW: OK, maybe I am just a sucker for appealing art..., but I really liked this story about a sheep who pushes the boundaries of sheepdom, even though some reviewers thought it was mundane or average. Charlotte is a free spirit who doesn’t mind being different and we all continue to need to hear that message! This book received the NY Times Illustrated Books Award – check out the page where all the sheep look di...more
Cherina
Summary: Charlotte the sheep is not afraid of anything. She wonders off whenever she pleases and does ventures to places no other sheep would dream off. The older sheep did not approve of Charlotte's independent spirit. One day, the shepherd fell in the field and broke his leg. Jack, the sheepdog, couldn't find his way to the farmer's house, so Charlotte decided to warn the farmer herself. She traveled across the valley alone and alerted the farmer about the shepherd. Charlotte saved the day and...more
Candice
Mar 04, 2011 Candice rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
After reading Brave Charlotte and the Wolves I just had to see if there were any more Brave Charlotte books. It's a great story of bravery. Charlotte is not like other sheep. She climbs. She explores. She goes near the dangerous road. And the older sheep say, "tut, tut." But when the elderly shepherd falls and breaks his leg, he depends on Charlotte's bravery to be rescued. Winsome illustrations that will make you fall in love with sheep in general and Charlotte in particular.
Chelsea Hall
Charlotte had always been different from the other sheep and none of the other sheep understood why Charlotte acted differently from them. Charlotte was always finding dangerous and daring activities to complete and nothing could stop her. When trouble calls, Charlotte answers and isn't afraid to go for help and try to save the day. Charlotte is not afraid to stand out from the other sheep. In this wonderful children's book, children can learn that it is okay to stand out from the crowd and foll...more
Kayla
Charlotte is my hero, she teaches kids to be strong and to face new things. And most importantly that no matter how small you are you are capable of big things. Some might argue that young kids are not capable of understanding these concepts, and maybe directly they can't. But a story like Brave Charlotte makes them feel good, and when kids feel good they rise to their potential quickly, to me that's more important.
Alicia
Charlotte is a rebel without a cause that leaves all the older sheep saying 'tut,tut,tut' but when the shepard breaks his leg and the old sheep dog is well, too old, Charlotte steps in to save the day by going to get the farmer and help for all of the sheep. Good message to do what makes you happy and you can't go wrong with a sheep.
Charlotte is a rebellious sheep who likes to venture off on her own. The others in the flock "tut tut" but she's not afraid of anything. One day, her bravery comes in handy. Double page, full bleed paintings with text embedded.
Alice
I liked this book much more than the 2nd one. This one is a solid 3 for me. Like the being your own person, and doing things sheep (aka people) think you can't or shouldn't do. I like Charlotte...she saved the day!
Mrs. Gabrielle Zastrow's
This book was about a sheep who acted like a goat and was very brave. Charlotte did things that most sheep don't do like climb trees. She was brave enough to get help for the shepherd and saved the day!
Esther May
This is a good book about a sheep who is a little different than the rest. I liked the pictures and how the book ends. Cute read. Theme's include, being brave and being yourself.
Nichole
March 2012: Josephine loves this one. I think we've checked it out from the library on three or four separate occasions.
Jo
Love, love, love the illustrations! Cute story about an adventurous sheep who saves the day when their farmer is injured.
Mips
Thema: mooie kanten van 'afwijkend gedrag' en 'anders zijn'
Gail
Beautiful, colorful illustrations.
Jenger
Jenger marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
MJ
MJ added it
Apr 27, 2013
Danica Midlil
Danica Midlil marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Brave Charlotte and the Wolves Santa's Littlest Helper Travels the World Santa's Littlest Helper Lotje La Oveja Carlota