Start by marking “Chemistry for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Chemistry for Dummies

Chemistry for Dummies

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  202 ratings  ·  13 reviews
See how chemistry works in everything from soaps to medicines to petroleumWe're all natural born chemists. Every time we cook, clean, take a shower, drive a car, use a solvent (such as nail polish remover), or perform any of the countless everyday activities that involve complex chemical reactions we're doing chemistry! So why do so many of us desperately resist learning c ...more
Published May 12th 2011 by For Dummies (first published November 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Chemistry for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chemistry for Dummies

Graham
AKA trying to stay one step ahead of your offspring in a subject you know absolutely nothing about
Midgets Head
I am actually a person who is a big fan of the "For Dummies" books. I was taking, and failing chemistry when I found this book. As an intro it helped me make sense of what I was supposed to be getting taught. After going through it, I was able to catch up to the rest of the class and learn further to a minor in chemistry. My major of Computer science was helped along by learning to program because of a for dummies book. They are good books to learn introductory parts of what you want to learn.
Rob Schumann
It's a solid supplement for an introductory chemistry class.
Depending on the professor's methods and the textbook used it may gloss over some topics, but overall it's more concise and direct than any textbook on the topic I've owned. Just based on that it's worth a purchase for a student or someone who'd like a simply explained, yet simultaneously comprehensive overview of elementary topics in chemistry. Definitely recommend.
Naznin Akter
I love this book so much
April
May 02, 2011 April rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ap chemistry students
Shelves: books-i-own
I got this book after I started my first week of AP Chemistry. This book was great at explaining the basics of each area in Chemistry so I could focus more time on the more difficult areas. It also explained some things differnetly then my teacher and textbook, which made my life a whole lot easier. This isn't a book that you can use to study for the AP chemistry exam by itself because it's just the basics, but it is still a great tool to use to start studying for the exam and a quick review.
Michelle
I got this book when I signed up for Intro to Chemistry. I'm weak in math and Chemistry was full of it. I've never purchase or read any of the whatever for dummies books. I needed this book to simplify what I read in the textbook and what the teacher was talking about. I read, understood and I'll like to add I got an A out of this class. Believe in yourself, you can do it!
Caitlin Bergman
Good if your studying chemistry in VCE or university however if your doing year 9 or 10 it's best to read chemistry essentials for dummies which sticks to the basic concepts you need for 9 and 10.
Sean
I can't even remember if I ever took chemistry in the first place. Maybe junior high. This is definitely the level of chemistry reading I need.
Cheylianie
Just preparing myself for my first Chemistry class on August. Seems fairly easy so far.
Neil Hollow
Over complicate simple calculations but theory explanations are good.
Wittiyaa
bagus buat anak SMA, cukup menghibur buat yang udah tua, hehe..
Adrienne
So very helpful to get through Chemistry
Lene
Lene added it
Jul 07, 2015
Nokuthula Ndlovu
Nokuthula Ndlovu is currently reading it
Jul 07, 2015
Angela
Angela is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2015
Keaton Voyles
Keaton Voyles is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2015
Fran Barreto
Fran Barreto marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Tom Emerson
Tom Emerson marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Rae Massey
Rae Massey marked it as to-read
Arlon
Arlon is currently reading it
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Judith Taggart
Judith Taggart marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Nick
Nick is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2015
Ben Snyder
Ben Snyder marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Lainey Land
Lainey Land is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2015
  • Biology for Dummies
  • Physics for Dummies
  • Genetics For Dummies
  • Logic For Dummies (For Dummies (Math & Science))
  • Calculus for Dummies
  • European History for Dummies
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Rocks and Minerals
  • Art History For Dummies
  • Shakespeare for Dummies
Biochemistry for Dummies Chemistry Essentials for Dummies Chemistry Made Simple Chemistry II for Dummies Organic Chemistry II for Dummies