Start by marking “The Price of Silence” as Want to Read:
The Price of Silence

The Price of Silence

The Price of Silence is a suspenseful and moving family drama that will leave you wondering where the truth lies.”—Harlan Coben, author of The Woods

“[Camilla] Trinchieri . . . shrewdly mixes up forward-moving court scenes with flashbacks showing how seemingly simple decisions go terribly awry.”—The Baltimore Sun

The Price of Silence is an absolute jewel—a dark tale, int
Published June 1st 2007 by Soho Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Price of Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Price of Silence

J
Jul 18, 2011 J rated it liked it
(FROM JACKET) Emma Perotti took a young Chinese artist under her wing. Now she finds herself on trail for the girl's murder.

Nearly five years earlier, An-ling Huang appeared once in Emma's ESL classroom and never returned. Then Emma started running into the girl, apparently by chance. Emma was drawn to An-ling, who seemed to be longing to replace the family she'd left in China. She reminded Emma of her own daughter who'd died years earlier, a daughter whose existence she and her husband had kep
nicole
May 25, 2009 nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the structure and her use of perspective. It informed me as a writer.

Also, the book is a real page-turner. Murder mystery.

I felt she could have lingered on a few details that seemed to have been quickly brushed away as the main narrative unfolded. Basically, a few subplots run alongside and feed from/into the larger narrative, but they sort of fall away or are resolved too quickly (for me).

Buon!
Aurora
io giuro che odio scrivere commenti dei libri che non mi sono piaciuti, nel senso che mi prende l'ansia e mi spiace, ma insomma... è uno sporco lavoro... eccetera eccetera.
il libro ha una costruzione interessante, un'idea buona (l'intreccio di voci), ma uno svolgimento prolisso e poco coinvolgente. e sinceramente la dinamica è davvero poco credibile.
ecco. uffa.
Alex
Fascinating courtroom drama/murder mystery. Reminded me a bit of Louise Ure's "Liars Anonymous." This isn't so much a mystery (although it is that) as a psychological portrait of what guilt and grief do to people. I was slightly confused about one detail at the end. Alas, no time to re-read.
Sandee
Mar 16, 2009 Sandee rated it did not like it
I can't recall why this made it onto my reading list and I can't say I recommend it. Way too predictable. The main character was not likable - she was as dysfunctional as the supposed bad guy. Maybe that was the point - someone you think you should sympathize with isn't that sympathetic.
Leigh
Oct 16, 2012 Leigh rated it really liked it
Another tale of a family's struggle to communicate effectively -- when wrapped into a murder under investigation, the book turns into a real page turner. I'd recommend it for those looking for a fairly quick read.
Madae
Dec 12, 2010 Madae rated it liked it
This book was a quick and easy read. The plot was okay, but I didn't feel like I knew the characters very well.
Kyra
May 01, 2008 Kyra rated it liked it
This book was intense and well written but a little odd storyline. Will just say, the relationships between the characters was not at all what you expect!
Zainab
Zainab rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Karla
Karla rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2008
Bean Costa
Bean Costa rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Pam
Sep 05, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
rec from Marci -- b'day book
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2008
Allison B
Allison B rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2008
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2007
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2013
Sandy Belfi
Sandy Belfi rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Marta Abbà
Marta Abbà rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
Christine
Definitely kept me interested...(a la Fatal Attraction)...
Telese
Telese rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2011
Rosemary Blosser
Rosemary Blosser rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2014
Goldene Villano
Goldene Villano rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2013
Dawn
Sep 28, 2013 Dawn rated it liked it
This was a really good book.
Laura rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2009
Diane
Mar 13, 2008 Diane rated it did not like it
Nothing sucks more than a book with a crappy ending. It just ruins the entire story.
Niclouielyn Mejias
Niclouielyn Mejias rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Nayna
Nayna rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2010
Gill
Gill rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2012
Ann  Theis
Ann Theis rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2007
What's The Name o...: Language teacher accused of murder. [s] 7 37 Aug 17, 2013 04:12PM
aka Camilla T Crespi, Trella Crespi.

Camilla Trinchieri was born in Prague to an Italian diplomat father and American mother and came to the United States at age twelve. After graduating from Barnard College, she moved to Italy. She returned to New York City in 1980 and earned an MFA in writing from Columbia University. As Trella Crespi and Camilla Crespi she has published seven mystery novels.
More about Camilla Trinchieri...

“Why did you love me so? I’m a throwaway girl. I warned you many times, but you didn’t believe me. Now you see I was right and it’s made you very angry.” 1 likes