Start by marking “The Price of Silence” as Want to Read:
The Price of Silence

The Price of Silence

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Price of Silence is a suspenseful and moving family drama that will leave you wondering where the truth lies.”—Harlan Coben, author of The Woods

“[Camilla] Trinchieri . . . shrewdly mixes up forward-moving court scenes with flashbacks showing how seemingly simple decisions go terribly awry.”—The Baltimore Sun

The Price of Silence is an absolute jewel—a dark tale, int
Published June 1st 2007 by Soho Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Price of Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Price of Silence

J
(FROM JACKET) Emma Perotti took a young Chinese artist under her wing. Now she finds herself on trail for the girl's murder.

Nearly five years earlier, An-ling Huang appeared once in Emma's ESL classroom and never returned. Then Emma started running into the girl, apparently by chance. Emma was drawn to An-ling, who seemed to be longing to replace the family she'd left in China. She reminded Emma of her own daughter who'd died years earlier, a daughter whose existence she and her husband had kep
nicole
I enjoyed the structure and her use of perspective. It informed me as a writer.

Also, the book is a real page-turner. Murder mystery.

I felt she could have lingered on a few details that seemed to have been quickly brushed away as the main narrative unfolded. Basically, a few subplots run alongside and feed from/into the larger narrative, but they sort of fall away or are resolved too quickly (for me).

Buon!
Aurora
io giuro che odio scrivere commenti dei libri che non mi sono piaciuti, nel senso che mi prende l'ansia e mi spiace, ma insomma... è uno sporco lavoro... eccetera eccetera.
il libro ha una costruzione interessante, un'idea buona (l'intreccio di voci), ma uno svolgimento prolisso e poco coinvolgente. e sinceramente la dinamica è davvero poco credibile.
ecco. uffa.
Sandee
I can't recall why this made it onto my reading list and I can't say I recommend it. Way too predictable. The main character was not likable - she was as dysfunctional as the supposed bad guy. Maybe that was the point - someone you think you should sympathize with isn't that sympathetic.
Alex
Fascinating courtroom drama/murder mystery. Reminded me a bit of Louise Ure's "Liars Anonymous." This isn't so much a mystery (although it is that) as a psychological portrait of what guilt and grief do to people. I was slightly confused about one detail at the end. Alas, no time to re-read.
Leigh
Another tale of a family's struggle to communicate effectively -- when wrapped into a murder under investigation, the book turns into a real page turner. I'd recommend it for those looking for a fairly quick read.
Kyra
This book was intense and well written but a little odd storyline. Will just say, the relationships between the characters was not at all what you expect!
Madae
This book was a quick and easy read. The plot was okay, but I didn't feel like I knew the characters very well.
Therese
Quick read. Felt sad that the mother had withheld her love for her son all those years.
Diane
Nothing sucks more than a book with a crappy ending. It just ruins the entire story.
Dawn
This was a really good book.
Pam
Sep 05, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
rec from Marci -- b'day book
Lauren Boross
Lauren Boross marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Luci Davin
Luci Davin marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Mandi Smith
Mandi Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
William F Sullivan
William F Sullivan marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Shawn
Shawn added it
Jul 29, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Melinda Borie
Melinda Borie marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
What's The Name o...: Language teacher accused of murder. [s] 7 37 Aug 17, 2013 04:12PM
aka Camilla T Crespi, Trella Crespi.

Camilla Trinchieri was born in Prague to an Italian diplomat father and American mother and came to the United States at age twelve. After graduating from Barnard College, she moved to Italy. She returned to New York City in 1980 and earned an MFA in writing from Columbia University. As Trella Crespi and Camilla Crespi she has published seven mystery novels.
More about Camilla Trinchieri...
Cercando Alice Verso domani

“Why did you love me so? I’m a throwaway girl. I warned you many times, but you didn’t believe me. Now you see I was right and it’s made you very angry.” 1 likes