Start by marking “Just in Case You Ever Wonder” as Want to Read:
Just in Case You Ever Wonder

Just in Case You Ever Wonder

4.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  819 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
"Just In Case You Ever Wonder" tells of a father's love for his child. This perennial best seller from Max Lucado will wrap your child in its tender message of love, comfort, and protection, showing that as they grow and change, you'll always be there for them."
Published October 1st 2011 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published October 20th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Just in Case You Ever Wonder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just in Case You Ever Wonder

Mark
Oct 30, 2013 Mark rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While I agree with the principles taught, it seems heavily skewed to WASP-y, middle-class, nuclear family life. 'Because God loves you, he sent you to a home with parents that take care of you.' But people born with birth defects, into dysfunctional homes, into poverty, God didn't care about them so much, I guess? And the whole thing seems like an admonition to not wonder. This is true, don't ever question it, because I said so. My concept of faith is, this is what I believe, don't take my word ...more
Jo Linsdell
Feb 11, 2012 Jo Linsdell rated it liked it
Although Just in case you ever wonder is available in various formats I'm reviewing the ePub version. This is a nice little picture book that tells of the love of a parent for their child. It includes illustrations by Tony Goffe.

Children need to feel protected, they need to know you love them and that you will always be there for them. That's what this book is all about. It shows them that they are special and unique and that as they grow and change you will always be there for them.

It takes you
Maya Williams
Just in Case Your Ever Wonder is a cute story about a father's love for his child. This is a realistic fiction story. He wants to show her love and introduce her to the man that created her, God. The message in this story is that everyone is a child of God and that they are all special to them and their parents. The story has appropriate that is easy for children to understand and they are being exposed to the Christian faith. Max Lucado create life lessons easy for children to learn and it big ...more
Bethany
I read this to my preschool group this morning and should have had a box of tissues by my side. Two of the children were my own which made the tears flow even more freely. This book has a beautiful message of love and belonging. It is a message that should be imprinted in every child's heart. Thank you for this book. I will definitely be adding it to my personal library.
Jenny
Jan 04, 2015 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Christian story of the love that a parent has for their child as well as the love God has for each of us. I didn't love the illustrations...and I would be careful of the audience. This could actually hurt children who come from unhappy homes because it says "since you are so special, God wanted to put you in just the right home...where you would be warm when it's cold, where you'd be safe when you're afraid..." I think this is perfect for a loving parent to read to their child, but I w ...more
Robin
May 25, 2009 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still cry when I read this book. It is everything a little girl needs to hear from her Dad.
Christina
Nov 03, 2009 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
beautiful gift for any christian child who has father and mother in their life
Jennifer Radtke
Jan 25, 2013 Jennifer Radtke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another eBook for my kids. This one was a big hit with my reader.

From the publisher: A timeless children's classic by best-selling author, Max Lucado, that reinforces the love of a parent.
There are certain words that every child longs to hear . . . affirmation of unconditional love, promises of support, and words of encouragement. Just in Case You Ever Wonder wraps your children in its tender message of love, comfort, and protection, showing them that as they grow and change, you'll always be th
Lisa
Dec 25, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just In Case You Ever Wonder by Max Lucado illustrated by Toni Goffe
In Just In Case You Ever Wonder Max Lucado starts off by telling children that they we made by God. He then goes on to reinforce a parent’s unconditional love and support as well as reassures children of our Heavenly Father’s unconditional love and support.
I was very excited to share Just In Case You Ever Wonder with my children. My five year old was anxious for me to read it to her after she saw the cover illustrations. She rea
Ivanhoe Sánchez
Dec 05, 2011 Ivanhoe Sánchez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a bedtime story book from the well known author and bestseller Max Lucado. It's simple illustrated and written with such an easy language that makes the idea accessible even for the youngest children. This book is also suitable for children of any age.

Have you ever felt like you can't find the right words to tell your children how much you love them? Have you ever tried to explain how big what you feel for them is? Well this book will ease those moments for you. It will help your son or
Yasmin Gomez Geng
Though not a book I might read in my classroom, this book really highlights the importance of support and love from a parent to a child. Children have a deep need to be shown love from their parents but it can be difficult to keep it constant.

Grade: 2nd Grade - 4th Grade
Topic: Family, Love
Angela Kuykendall whitton
Owen is 22 months. This book made him so happy, and he laughed and laughed. I think Owen loves hearing about God and how Da and Aga and God will always be here for him.
Becka Burgess
Oct 29, 2014 Becka Burgess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Oh my goodness this book is beautiful! Lucardo describes so well how precious we are to God. What a gentle way of introducing our identity in Christ at such an early age! I actually choked up reading this to my daughter!
This is such a lovely tribute to life!
Highly recommend
Helen Sanford
Dec 15, 2014 Helen Sanford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!!!!

Truly a wonderful book for kids and parents to share. It has a very good message about GOD and family and being loved.
Yue Zhou
Jun 21, 2010 Yue Zhou rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
This is a very good beginner book for Christian children to read. The readers can feel the love from God in reading the book; how patient and considerate God prepares for the special “you”. The book emphasizes the love from God. Call Him, close Him and come to Him, the book provides these messages to children which describes God like a father always looking over his babies.
The illustration of this book is watercolor painting. Around the babies, the colors are soft and warm which build safe atmo
Karie Hall
Oct 11, 2011 Karie Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
The book is beautiful inside and out, easy to read with beautiful illustrations. An istant classic, one that I am very sure I will be reading and rereading to my little man. It helps remind us that as parents we need to make sure that our children know that no matter what we will always be there for them.

I received this book free from the Thomas Nelson through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions
Christy
Mar 12, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Max Lucado has written a poignant gem of a children's book in Just in Case You Ever Wonder. This sweet picture book is a heartfelt message of unconditional love from parent to child and as such, reinforces the concept of God's love for His children. I love the imagery in the story, that the same person that created the beautiful world around us also made each one of us, separate and with our own individual traits in mind. It just goes a long way to make the child feel truly special and loved and ...more
Apr 13, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
As far as religious/spiritual children's books go, this one is fairly touching. When we read it, we make some changes (i.e. gender-neutral language for God and a few theological changes regarding the topic of heaven). There are a few pages I skip with my three year old because they talk about scary noises in closets or beings scared of shadows. I don't want them to create fears for him. But the rest of the story serves to remind our children just how much we love them...and that we always will, ...more
Barbara
Mar 20, 2016 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Bedtime story from 3 months to 10 years plus. The message of God's Love. He is always there for you.
Krystal
Jul 24, 2012 Krystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I choose this book to review because I wanted it for my 3 and 4 year old children, and I'm not sure its the right book for this age group. It has a beautiful, heartwarming message about parental love, the gift that each child is from God and Gods eternal love. But it dose have some dark themes in it, such as death, monsters, negative situations your child might face. I think if you have an older child who is able to grasp these messages then you should check this book out. It just might be your ...more
Jul 06, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just in case you ever wonder this book explains to little children just how much God loves them and how they can always count on their parents to be there for them in their times of need.

This is a very encouraging book. It points out that the God who made the heavens and the stars made you and how carefully he designed you. It had a simple message that children would get, without dumbing down. A lovely book, I'd recommend it.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2008
Meredith
Mar 04, 2015 Meredith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful! It made me tear up.
Susan
Sep 20, 2015 Susan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Narcissism plus fundamental Christian propaganda. I could not even get halfway through this. Who would inflict this one on a child? I'm an adult with critical thinking abilities and cringed on every page.
Carrie
Jul 13, 2007 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my all-time favorite children's books. It's a story about what a father says to his daughter to let her know he will always love her and always be there "just in case you ever wonder". It's also written to help a child understand how much their Heavenly Father loves them. My dad read it to me when I was young and I remember a time when I was on college having a hard moment -- he read it to me over the phone. Good times:)
Mindy Stewart
Nov 14, 2011 Mindy Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Max Lucado did a remarkable job in letting children know they are loved no matter what they do. It shows the unconditional love between a child and a parent. It also allows you to discuss the unconditional love that God as for us all. Just In Case is a beautiful hardcover book that is beautifully illustrated by Toni Goffe. I recommend it to all parents to read to the children. I know I can't wait to read it to my nieces and nephew.
Liv
Dec 13, 2011 Liv rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-book
I literally cried while reading this gem of a book. It summarizes everything a parent would want to say to a child. It talks about how God creates the child and how that in itself makes the child special. It talks about heaven, and relationships, and change -- it talks about everything I would want to discuss with my daughter but it does so in a way more beautiful than I could ever do.

Kelley
Feb 13, 2011 Kelley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
Just in Case You Ever Wonder is great for Christian children. It's hard to take away the religious aspects of this book, but if you wanted to skip over the parts with God, it's great for parents to read to their children. It's all about how much a parent loves their child, no matter where they are, who they are, or what they do. It's a very sweet and sentimental book.
Kay
Mar 08, 2015 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Yes it is a children's book ... however I pose the questions ... are we not all children @ heart ... It is a cute read ...
Kenna
Dec 07, 2011 Kenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Love, love love, loved this book!
This might be weird, but on one page of our copy of the book, there was this circle that had been indented on the page, like someone had pushed the open end of a pen cap onto the page. I remember that even 10+ years since I've read the book...
I always felt loved when reading this book :)
Judy
Oct 15, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an AWESOME BOOK! It starts off by telling children that they were made by God. He then goes on to reinforce a parent’s unconditional love and support as well as reassures children of our Heavenly Father’s unconditional love and support. I was very excited to share Just In Case You Ever Wonder with my children.
  • Story of Jonah
  • Country Angel Christmas
  • Welcome to the Zoo!
  • I Took the Moon for a Walk
  • The Lady with the Alligator Purse
  • Who is Coming to Our House?
  • Ahoy There, Little Polar Bear
  • Thomas and the Big Big Bridge (Thomas & Friends)
  • My First Book of Mormon Stories
  • What's Heaven?
  • Tippy-Tippy-Tippy, Hide!
  • What Does Bunny See?: A Book of Colors and Flowers
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...