Start by marking “Silver Surfer: Devolution” as Want to Read:
Silver Surfer: Devolution

Silver Surfer: Devolution

A new beginning for the Silver Surfer! The Sentinel of the Spaceways walks the Earth once more, a stranger feared by many. Only the High Evolutionary understands his true potential, but the Evolutionary's mysterious grand design may cost the Surfer everything and change the cosmic balance forever! He's traded blows with Thor and matched wits with Mephisto - but can the ...more
Published September 7th 2011 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Silver Surfer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Surfer

Jesse A
Feb 04, 2016 Jesse A rated it it was ok
I like my Silver Surfer a bit more philosophical and introspective. This was a bit too action heavy. Disappointing.
Kindle Ninja
Dec 22, 2015 Kindle Ninja rated it really liked it
Silver Surfer is probably one of the most underrated superheroes in the Marvel universe. It's not for the dearth of good storylines, but the fact that he's just not the kind of character that everyone would gravitate to. Origin stories are always interesting, but stories that humanize superheroes are the best. Devolution did a great job of combining a solid story with stunning artwork. If there is one story Marvel fans need to read on Silver Surfer, this is it.
Jason
Sep 13, 2015 Jason rated it really liked it
Nice wee short story with everyone's favourite cosmic surfer, the cosmic stories are always epic and fantastical as they should be and Greg Pak story and the trio of artists for the series done it justice. Very enojoyable
Paul Mirek
This is a mostly cool injection of the cosmic side of the Surfer into a gritty, action-movie "race against time" plot that gives the hapless Norrin Radd the chance to shine in some new settings. The art by Segovia, Tolibao, and Coello is effective but short on the psychedelic visuals that I love in the early stories (and Slott and Allred's current run).

I kind of lost interest before the big climax, which unfortunately teases an exciting new direction for the Surfer (one that fits with his role a
Xavier
Apr 12, 2013 Xavier rated it really liked it
Ive never read a Silver Surfed or Fantastic Four story before but this was really enjoyable, I suppose. It was weird cos I'm not a big fan of cosmic storylines but I dug this. It did get sorta weird tho so that's why this is more of a 3.5. Who the hell are those kids and what is Spiderman doing in the Fantastic Four???
Tommy
Oct 08, 2015 Tommy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Probably the overall best Silver Surfer story I have read. Just enough cosmic intrigue without being too far out there and philosophical, humanizes the Silver Surfer a bit, and the art was very good. Highly recommended series. I need to go back and read more of the original Silver Surfer comics.
Jonathan
I am a huge Silver Surfer fan and I wanted to see how this storyline went. It was pretty good but I am a little behind on all the other characters like the Fantastic Four. Overall it was a cool read.
Sonic
Jun 10, 2013 Sonic rated it it was ok
This may be a one and a half star book but some of the art was pretty sweet and so I give it 2 rather than 1 star.
It started off kinda promising and then was just kinda Bleh by the end.

Résza
Résza rated it it was ok
Nov 29, 2014
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Brent
Brent rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2013
William Cardini
William Cardini rated it did not like it
Nov 11, 2016
Jeremy Spaulding
Jeremy Spaulding rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2012
Ian Rose
Ian Rose rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2012
Nick
Nick rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Richard
Mar 01, 2013 Richard rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, graphic-novels
Pretty classic Surfer storyline.
Blindzider
Blindzider rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Amanda Kolowski
Amanda Kolowski rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2016
Rand
Rand rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2013
Paul O'Regan
Paul O'Regan rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
David Runyon
David Runyon rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Nicholas Phillips
Nicholas Phillips rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2011
Anthony
Anthony rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2011
Morpheus
Morpheus rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2013
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2012
Mirjam John
Mirjam John rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Raidel
Raidel rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2015
Rui Martins
Rui Martins rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Kevin Drew
Kevin Drew rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Greg Pak is an award-winning Korean American comic book writer and filmmaker currently writing “Batman/Superman” and “Action Comics” for DC Comics. Pak wrote the "Princess Who Saved Herself" children's book and the “Code Monkey Save World” graphic novel based on the songs of Jonathan Coulton and co-wrote (with Fred Van Lente) the acclaimed “Make Comics Like the Pros” how-to book. Pak's other work ...more
More about Greg Pak...