Start by marking “Thor: Heaven & Earth” as Want to Read:
Thor: Heaven & Earth

Thor: Heaven & Earth

In the days before the terrible events of Ragnarok, the Gods of Asgard stare across the ramparts of their city toward a massive, demonic army at the gates. The prophesied End of All Days is about to begin. As the armies of darkness begin their initial attacks, Thor confronts Loki, who is destined to usher in the fall of Asgard. But what Thor learns from Loki may change the ...more
Published December 7th 2011 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Thor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thor

'kris Pung
May 24, 2015 'kris Pung rated it liked it
A solid collection of one offs.
Neal
Not often I put a book on both the Christian bookshelf and the dragon bookshelf.
J'aime
Jun 15, 2013 J'aime rated it really liked it
I only started reading Marvel comics in the past year. I've been trying to read the major "event" storylines, but have also been picking up individual Thor collections since he is my favorite Avenger. I chose this collection because the price was low and it is a stand-alone; e.g. you don't need other books in order to understand what is going on. The four stories collected here are all tied together by the question "what is Thor's purpose and why is he here"?

In the first story, Asgard is under a
Helena R-D
Jan 17, 2012 Helena R-D rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book after seeing a sample of a the short story about the priest getting his faith shaken by Thor's presence on earth. The rest of the book was fantastic, since it showed different facets of Thor-the ruthless warrior, the thoughtful comfort at the end of someone's life and the ruler prepared to do what he needs to in order to preserve his kingdom and people.

The art was well done, although I don't understand the obsession that people have with drawing Thor so massive and bulky. I
Cindy
Feb 06, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it
While I did not find the first story especially strong (the art style was difficult to understand and overall too sparse and stiff to be impressive, and the story itself was too simplistic and parable-esque), this volume got stronger with the reader. I loved how Jenkins explored these very mature issues of reconciling one's shaken faith and honoring one's fallen opponent and set them in very mythical and yet very Marvel universes. The final story, "The Dragon of Dolgellau," I especially loved ...more
Johnathan
Jan 04, 2015 Johnathan rated it it was ok
This is a good read for different lenses in which to view the God of thunder but no story really comes to a conclusion. They are snippets that are only connected in how disconnected they are from each other.

The art was done well but did not strike me as memorable in any way. The first story has the gods dressed as you would imagine from reading the legends but the rest have thor in his modern attire while the others remain in their legendary garb.

A fun read but no real meat to chew on in this o
Paul
Dec 07, 2013 Paul rated it liked it
I hardly ever buy floppies anymore, reading a story over multiple months just isn't any fun for me anymore.

Which is why I like that they publish stories in collected form these days, which allows me to read a story from start to finish without having to wait months in between chapters.

And then we have this book, which is basically a collection of four different monthly stories collected into a single hard cover volume.

The four stories are nice, but not great, though short.
The art is nice as well
Silas
May 06, 2016 Silas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a series of four single-issue stories of a far more philosophical nature than Thor comics tend to contain. It was interesting to see Thor treated more as a god, rather than an alien, but I found the author's thoughts didn't quite match up with my own. Still, they were interesting thought experiments, nonetheless. Thor's powers are a bit more nebulous than they often are, and some of these stories reminded me of Superman stories I have read, but overall, they were interesting stories ...more
Brent
Nov 03, 2014 Brent rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of these fine creators, Marvel Comics, mythology and superhero comics
Recommended to Brent by: these fine creators and Atlanta-Fulton Public Library
I will read almost anything written by Paul Jenkins: here is an example of his thoughtful scripting. Four stories, four artist collaborators: these are about as good as Thor gets, or has gotten in recent years.
Highly recommended.
Audrey Hacker
Jun 18, 2012 Audrey Hacker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, comic, favorites
I loved every single story in this collection, they were all told beautifully. I only wish there was more in the collection!
Kit
Mar 02, 2012 Kit rated it really liked it
"Ask Me Tomorrow" in issue 3 is by far one of the best Thor stories I have read. The collection is worth it, if for that alone.
Othan R. Balisan
Othan R. Balisan rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Richard Kirke
Richard Kirke rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2014
Scott
Scott rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2015
Dave Gray
Dave Gray rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2016
Nicholas Phillips
Nicholas Phillips rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2011
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2014
Ben
Ben rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Tori
Tori rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2013
Tym
Tym rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Lichi
Lichi rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Superlayo
Superlayo rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Francois Arsenault
Francois Arsenault rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2015
David
David rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2011
Annabelle Doraty
Annabelle Doraty rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2016
Richard Gombert
Richard Gombert rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2012
Luke
Luke rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Martin Lund
Martin Lund rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2016
Judchen
Judchen rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2015
Paul Jenkins is a British comic book writer. He has had much success crossing over into the American comic book market. Primarily working for Marvel Comics, he has had a big part shaping the characters of the company over the past decade.
More about Paul Jenkins...