Start by marking “Learning to Breathe Again: Choosing Life and Finding Hope After a Shattering Loss” as Want to Read:

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Follow Christian singer/songwriter Tammy Trent as she tells of her beautiful love story turned tragic, still pointing to God as the source of all life and hope.

Theirs was a fairy-tale romance. Her husband, Trent, was Tammy's best friend and business manager. While vacationing in Jamaica in 2001, a routine free diving excursion in the Blue Lagoon turned drastically tragic w
Published May 1st 2006 by W Publishing Group (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Learning to Breathe Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learning to Breathe Again

Vee
Oct 28, 2008 Vee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANYONE
I can’t believe I haven’t put this on my list yet!!!
I think around 2003 Tammy Trent came to our church and gave us her testimony. I immediately dashed off to the library to get this book and was wrapped up in it. I read it one afternoon. (It usually takes me FOREVER to read a book)
Such a beautiful story of faith, love, and hope. When she didn’t know where Trent was but knew something awful had happened, she did what she was always trained to do. She sang and cried out to the Lord like a soldier
Karl
I have known about Tammy for awhile.. At least a little about her/ story, along with her music. But I can not remember if I recall at all knowing about her book. If I have heard of it might just have forgotten about it. Needless to say I was happy when I found this book for sale. Book is pretty good as I thought it would be and getting to know more of the story about her husband, and more about her life I did not already know about.

It was a great read and a easy one at that. Read in one night wh
K Loh-Crouch
I decided to read this book after hearing Tammy Trent's moving testimony at Women of Faith. It inspired me to cherish my loved ones more. I was impressed by her response to tragedy...not a fake, happy all the time response, but a real grief and leap of faith.
C.C. Thomas
This is one of the most heartbreaking and inspriational stories I have read in a long time. It is a Christian inspiration memoir but you don't have to be a Christian to appreciate the story. While I don't normally read this kind of book, the story of her experience was so fascinating.

Tammy's life growing up was no fairy tale. Abandoned by her father, she desperately yearned for affection from her stepfather but he was often cold and distant and her mother just didn't seem to care. Tammy turned t
Julie Stevenson
I read this book many years ago and decided to pull it out and read it again. Tammy gives a beautiful tribute to her amazing husband Trent and shares her unwaivering faith in God. This book is a true gem! A must read!
Maura
This book is seriously amazing!!! It shows that no matter what happens you can get through anything with God. Just seeing how Tammy can go from loosing her husband then to 9/11, and then not having her family therw with her, shows how God has a plan for everything. This book will make you cry and laugh!
Rachel
My mother in law gave me this book. It was intriguing because it was the story of her husband's death...And he went missing on the day before 9/11. It was written very simply and not necessarily good literature, but it kept me captivated.
Kim
This is an awesome book! She is very inspirational. The heartache this woman has gone thru and the faith she had to help her thru the days to come was very powerful. You can feel it as you read it. Took me one day to read this.
Linda
I heard Tammy Trent's story many many years ago at a Woman of Faith conference - oh my goodness, I have rarely cried so hard - such a deeply sad story - yet she will inspire you! A must read!
Marsha
Jun 24, 2008 Marsha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marsha by: Amy Maze
Wow - excellent book especially after hearing about her story from a friend who heard her speak at a conference
Deeanna
The full title sounds like a " how to book" but it is not . It is a story of Tammy Trent's loss.
Juliana Marie
This is the most heart-touching book I have read in a while. Tammy's story is truly a gift.
Suzanne
A heartbreaking story of love, loss, and hope. I really connected with Tammy and her story.
Sheree
Excellent, difficult, heart-wrenching, inspiring read.
Tragic Story. Beautiful Message. I love tammy!
Gjerilin
Perfect for me right now.
Rebecca Ingland
Rebecca Ingland marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Biba
Biba marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Joann
Joann marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014