Start by marking “After The Boxes Are Unpacked: Moving On After Moving In (Renewing The Heart)” as Want to Read:
After The Boxes Are Unpacked: Moving On After Moving In (Renewing The Heart)

After The Boxes Are Unpacked: Moving On After Moving In (Renewing The Heart)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
More than 40 million Americans move each year, and studies show it can be one of the heaviest strains on a marriage. For women especially, relocating can be a traumatic event. With true stories, ingenious insights, and helpful hints, this great book makes transitioning smoother so women can get on with their lives. Those who are moving will find this valuable book as impor ...more
Published April 1st 1998 by Focus on the Family Publishing (first published October 3rd 1995)

To ask other readers questions about After The Boxes Are Unpacked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After The Boxes Are Unpacked

Nathan Albright
Mar 26, 2016 Nathan Albright rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge
[Note: This book was provided free of charge by Tyndale House Publishers in exchange for an honest review.]

The updated version of an immensely popular guide to encourage those dealing with the occasional trauma of moving, this book offers something familiar to the reader as well, a book written by a woman for women about women [1]. Although there is nothing in the title of the book itself that would suggest that this book is narrowly focused on women, the contents of that book make it plain. As
Debi
Sep 23, 2008 Debi rated it liked it
Having moved a lot in my life, I thought it would be good to read a book about it. This book had some good tips and practical advice for those who move. Steps like letting go of the past, ways to start over in a new place, and moving ahead in your new life. Overall I would recommend this book as a good resource for those who are moving. It was a bit cliche but did have some practical tips. I gave it a 3.5/5 rating.
Claire
Jan 11, 2014 Claire rated it it was amazing
As a military wife, I have experienced the gamut of emotions and situations, Miller so beautifully articulates. This is will a book I refer to often as we continue moving all over the country every few years.
Oct 23, 2010 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: women, spiritual
I'm reading this book as a part of a small group. The book itself is okay but I love the premise of helping women adjust to a move. My group is awesome and the book provides good fodder for discussion but I don't think the book would have the same punch without a discussion group. So I would give it 3 or 4 stars with a group but only 2 on its own.
Bethany
Jan 12, 2013 Bethany rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Wish I would have read this the summer we moved! It was very encouraging, as far as practical advice was concerned. Our church does this as a bible study but doesn't offer child care for my kids ages. I decided to read it for myself, and I'm glad I did. The content was a little fluffy for my taste at times, but overall I enjoyed it.
Tim
Apr 29, 2012 Tim rated it really liked it
More like 3 stars for actual content, but the 4th is for the research/scripture that Susan Miller packs into this book.

While this book is intended for women (as my wife is currently reading it), it's just as helpful for men to read it, as we are idiots who need everyday reminders that women and men think differently.
Mr. Pollock
Apr 29, 2012 Mr. Pollock rated it really liked it

Christa Cordova
Oct 01, 2010 Christa Cordova rated it it was amazing
I've moved 18 times since 2003 and I wish I would've found this book years ago. Every time I've moved, I've felt the weight of the adjustments that need to be made. I highly recommend this book to Christian women who feel disconnected after moving and are seeking peace in the new environment.
Christie
Mar 02, 2012 Christie rated it it was amazing
So helpful in the moving process and learning from others and hearing Godly women share the ups and downs. Definitely perfect timing and helped me to realize how and why I need to put down roots and make this home.
Pattie
May 10, 2009 Pattie rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!!!!! I read along with doing a group study that lasted from Sept. to April along with outings and small group discussions. It was an amazing tool to adjusting to a move half way around the globe!
Karan Johnstone
Jul 08, 2011 Karan Johnstone rated it it was amazing
Charles gave this book to me when we were about to move from Fairfax to Winchester I would recommend this book to people who are about to move or are moving.
Johanna
May 09, 2011 Johanna rated it really liked it
If anyone ever struggled with a move this book can help you sort out your unresolved issues :) It is very comforting and helpful. I am really enjoying it.
Jenny Rowland
Aug 07, 2008 Jenny Rowland rated it it was amazing
This book has been so helpful to me this last month! It is an easy read, but Susan Miller has some wisdom to share to women who are moving
Mandy J. Hoffman
Mar 02, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it really liked it
Full of encouragement and practical help this is a great book for any and all women to read before or shortly there after a move.
Karen
Jan 28, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
It was an extremely helpful book when we moved. It is inspiring and has practical ideas
Marina
Dec 04, 2008 Marina rated it it was ok
In a women's bible study right now reading through this.
Jun 27, 2008 Laura rated it it was amazing
a must read if you have moved or will move
Bev
Nov 28, 2010 Bev rated it it was amazing
Wonderful resource for women relocating
Karen
Sep 03, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
Loved this book! My anchor for awhile.
Julie Brooks
Mar 08, 2008 Julie Brooks rated it it was amazing
Helped me after we moved!
Mamabear
Mamabear rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Edith
Edith marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Kelsey Faber
Kelsey Faber marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Autumn C
Autumn C is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2016
Debbi Huntington
Debbi Huntington is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Sharon Honeycutt
Sharon Honeycutt rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
More about Susan Miller...