Arthur and the Invisibles

Arthur and the Invisibles (Arthur #1-2)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  236 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Enjoy the dazzling adventures of film director Luc Besson's Arthur and the Minimoys and Arthur and the Forbidden City together for the first time. Join Arthur as he embarks on a journey to the land of the Minimoys, a tribe of people less than one inch tall, to find his missing grandfather and a stolen treasure. Arthur joins two Minimoy friends on a trip to the forbidden ci...more
Published November 21st 2006 by HarperEntertainment (first published 2006)

Δx Δp ≥ ½ ħ
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh *nyorakin Mizan*

Mizan payah neh! masa buku kedua si Arthur gak diterjemahin? huuhh.. padahal pelemnya ajah udah rilis dua biji.... padahal buku yg inih jauh lebih seru drpd buku pertama. lebih kaya dengan detail. konfliknya juga tambah seru! Pelemnya juga. eh ngomong-ngomong yg maen di pelemnya tuh si Freddie Highmore (lagih [image error]. Bosen.. neh anak nongol mulu di banyak pelem, Finding Neverland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, August Rush, The Spiderwick Chro...more
Melissa
Arthur continues his big adventures in the kingdom of the little people, the Minimoys. Together with Minimoyan Princess Selenia and her brother , they embark on a journey to the forbidden city of Necropolis, to confront the evil wizard Maltazard, and hopefully retrieve the jewels that he stole from the Minimoys. These jewels are the "buried treasure" that his grandfather wrote about before he went missing. The treasure is actually entrusted to the care of the Minimoys, less than an inch-sized pe...more
Marsha
“Arthur and the Invisibles” (really two novels in one) lacks any sense of true wonder. It is too filled with the usual clichés: young child wandering or blundering into adventure, non-stop perils (made meaningful only because of the protagonist’s reduced size), witless adults who haven’t a clue as to where the little one has vanished to and a member of royalty who is supposed to marry the hero(ine) by journey’s end. The storyline was further crippled for me by the inclusion of a snotty princess...more
Nic
Real good but could the ending have been a little less soppy? Otherwise bril!!!
Emily
I really liked this book. I read this book a few years ago and absolutely adored it. Since then I watched the movie and it made me think differently about the book. The images that the writer had described to me in the words in the book were different to what they were in the movie, so my recommendations for this book would probably be for everyone, but read the book first. Girls and boys would like this book, especially if you have a great imagination.
Jenny
This book was fun to listen to on my ipod. I really picked it because of the reader, Jim Dale. For those who don't know who he is he is the voice of Harry Potter, Peter and the Shadow Thieves, and many more. I am always amazed of how he keeps characters straight and keeps you on the edge of your seat. This book was fun and now I need to see the movie to see if it did justice.
Literary
For anyone that has dreamed of stepping into a fantasy world with adventure and with hopes of becoming a hero this is the perfect choice. Interesting characters with a wonderful amount of humor. My daughter and I read this book together and both us are in agreemnent on a 5 star rating. This goes into both our favorite middle grade book pile.
Sue
Jul 03, 2008 Sue rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: young readers
Recommended to Sue by: Book order selection
Fast read. With all of the current fantasy books out there, this one was fun and imaginative--just right for younger readers who might be looking for something to capture their imagination. I would like to see the movie now that I have read the book just to see how it compares to the picture in my head.
Pinkyuenyee
First of all I was attracted by the cover its really lovely. When I started reading I found this an unbelievably amazing book as I strongly recommend all readers,the characters are cute and the plot is exciting you must read this fabulous novel. ❤
Shayla
What a cute book. The plot was interesting, the characters were likable, and although the ending was a bit too fluffy for me, overall, it was a great book. And the character development was excellent.
Inspired Kathy
My kids love this movie. When I found out Jim Dale was the narrator for the audio book I grabbed it so I could listen to it in the car. I love Jim Dale, he is so entertaining!
Tanderton
It was a brilliant book I liked it also because they had two stories in one book.I recommend it to all people young and old!
Maddy
If I could rate this book a thousand stars I would because it is the best book I have ever read. I love it.
Qing
Saw this on the shelf after watching the movie, wondered what it was like - pretty much like movie.
Erin
Meh. The whole "10-year-olds-pledging-to-marry-eachother" thing was a little weird.
Kaelyn Grant
The movie was the book. Kinda nice for the kids to have the details behind the movie.
Cheryl in CC NV
Apr 30, 2012 Cheryl in CC NV marked it as library-wishlist
Arthur and the Minimoys and its sequel, together.
Maddy
this is a very very good book!
Sistah
Sistah is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Luc Besson is a French film director, writer and producer. He is the creator of EuropaCorp film company. He has been involved with over 50 films, spanning 26 years, as writer, director, and/or producer, including the Transporter series.
More about Luc Besson...
Arthur and the Minimoys Arthur and the Forbidden City Arthur et la vengeance de Maltazard Arthur et la guerre des deux mondes The Story of the Fifth Element