Start by marking “We're Alive: A Story of Survival, the Second Season” as Want to Read:
We're Alive: A Story of Survival, the Second Season

We're Alive: A Story of Survival, the Second Season (We're Alive #2)

The hope of a better life forces the survivors of the tower out into the dissolving world around them. The consequences of past battles leave them struggling not only with each other but the remaining fragments of humanity.
Audio CD
Published October 1st 2011 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about We're Alive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We're Alive

Carolyn F.
Audiobook

This is pretty much how the book goes. "Hey what's that sound? Oh my gosh, it's the bad guys/zombies! Oooh, let's stop and look at that shiny thing for a minute or five first." This is usually followed with some sort of yelling by the other person who is standing/running beside them and then the yeller sees something shiny and it's reversed. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

I'm going to poke myself in the eye (figuratively) and listen to the 3rd "season" (that's audiobook to you and me.) Don't a
MsBDiamondDiva1
Sep 22, 2015 MsBDiamondDiva1 rated it liked it
Shelves: we-re-alive
Liz and Saul's relationship is really getting annoying...top that with Peg and Michael and the shit is ridiculous! How in the hell do you have relationship when there is no time for that! They should be focused on fighting the fight and helping people survive.
Ehlana
Sep 23, 2016 Ehlana rated it it was amazing
this ending killed me...I don't like this separation thing happening. and Pegs....you are still annoying me.
Tiffany
Apr 27, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Great second season, just as good as the first. I continue to be amazed at what an awesome story this is in a unique and free format. The character development is remarkable. The group encountered so many harrowing things both in and out of the Tower, and it is always exciting and interesting, especially as all the survivors (not just those in the Tower) learn more about the "zombies" who are clearly a lot different and more advanced than typical zombies. I did feel that there were two character ...more
Jodi
Sep 07, 2011 Jodi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: podcast
BEST PODCAST EVER!! This podcast has the best sound effects, voice actors and plot of any out there to date. Listen and you are hooked, it's that simple. It's not your normal "zombie" story either. No, not in the least. The characters have depth, the storyline has momentum and the voice actors are so relatable that you could swear you lived next door to at least one of them at some point in your life. Don't let the zombie part fool you. This series is one of the best I've listened to in all the ...more
Jessi
Nov 12, 2012 Jessi rated it it was amazing
We're Alive just continues to be a fun, creepy roller-coaster ride. We meet new characters, lose old ones, and generally continue to explore the ways that the living are a much bigger threat than the very threatening undead. I am intrigued to see where the creators take their version of the zombie myth, which they have already been very creative with. The end leaves the group largely in shambles and I am quite desperate to discover what will happen to all of them - which means I am going to have ...more
Karin
Jun 06, 2016 Karin rated it it was amazing
Regina
Oct 05, 2014 Regina rated it really liked it
Podcast set up like the good old fashioned radio-dramas of yester-year. First time I finished was in 31 Jan 2012 but I had to re-listen to get into the Third Season. Loving every minute of it all over again.

I'm finding interesting parallels to the story line here and The Walking Dead graphic novels/television series but when you think of it, it's only natural. These story lines are what many people would follow in order to survive a zombie-apocalypse and each other.
John Dace
Aug 06, 2011 John Dace rated it it was amazing
This is by far one of the best 'podcasts' I have ever listen to. I have not read the book by I have 'heard' thru many sources that this podcast 'reads' better than the book. Which as you know that most books tend to carry more depth than the movie scripts ect.......that being said the charcter devlopement is done really well....I cant speak enough about the actors you will really enjoy this podcast. I would highly reccomend listening to it!
Tracy
Sep 10, 2015 Tracy rated it liked it
I love the idea of the story and the events keep you on the edge of your seat but... I don't like the characters.
It's not the quality of the storyline it's the horrible way they turn on each other, whinge, rage, despair and half an hour later have a passionate change of heart.
Couldn't there just be one nice character that uses manners during a zombie apocalypse?
Kuroi
Sep 17, 2011 Kuroi rated it it was amazing
An absolutely amazing follow up to the first season. We're alive keeps up the tension all the way through introducing even more elements to the plot and revisiting a few things that weren't fully explained in the first season without letting the plot get too complicated on convoluted. A zombie masterpiece.
Reese
Apr 30, 2013 Reese rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The second series was a blast. The character development and story was top notch. Also Mr.Wayland loves to sprinkle his hints throughout, which you tend to discover during a re-listen.

Give series a try if you haven't, you won't regret it!
Shasha
Sep 17, 2015 Shasha rated it it was amazing
Amazing character audio drama, go start listening now! You will be right there with the characters from the very beginning. Thrilling story, great range of characters and very good audio story experience. I got into it because of zombies, but this is really more of a character drama and a good one!
Sweetp-1
Dec 09, 2013 Sweetp-1 rated it it was amazing
Season 2 podcast. Glad I did not listen as released as the wait between instalments would be awful! Great character development and plot twists. Still scary and nailbiting at times, always so well produced.
Caleb Mickel
Jan 07, 2016 Caleb Mickel rated it it was amazing
another fantastic chapter to the story. I love most of the characters and have been enjoying watching them grow. I love how its a zombie story but not a zombie story at the same time. I highly recommend giving this a listen
Stephanie
Feb 25, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
More, NOW please!!

This is one of those times where waiting for the next piece to be released........is hell!!

I can't remember when I have had so much fun listening to an audio!
Great!!
John
Jul 14, 2015 John rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, zombie
Really good characters. Excellent sound effects. The story wasn't as good as the first season. Still a very entertaining listen. Will listen to the third season.
Phyllisl Mc Intyre
Oct 06, 2013 Phyllisl Mc Intyre rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I am listening to the audio version and it's a full production, like the war of the worlds.
Christine Gaskins
Zombies of a different breed. Altered and always changing.

I love the full cast with sound effects. It reminds me of the old radio shows.
Melissa
Aug 20, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: podiobook
Still exciting and entertaining. Plenty of mystery and humor, too. End on a cliffie, though, so have Season Three handy!
Claire Beresford
Claire Beresford rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Katie Bench
Katie Bench rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2013
Rusty Duncan
Rusty Duncan rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2015
Chuck Nunley
Chuck Nunley rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Madelyn M
Madelyn M rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2014
Camille
Camille rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Chanley
Chanley rated it it was ok
May 29, 2016
Sierra
Sierra rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2014
Reggie
Reggie rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2016
  • The Leviathan Chronicles
  • Underwood and Flinch
  • 7th Son: Destruction (7th Son, #3)
  • Dog Days
  • Beyond the Barriers
  • Bones Are White
  • Hungry For You
  • Consultation With a Vampire
  • The King of Clayfield
  • The Plan (Roads Less Traveled, #1)
  • The Junkie Quatrain
  • Dead Tropics
  • The Last Mailman: Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Zombies
  • Crescent
  • Pavlov's Dogs (Pavlov's Dogs, #1)

We're Alive (3 books)