Start by marking “Spellbinder's Gift” as Want to Read:
Spellbinder's Gift

Spellbinder's Gift

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  308 ratings  ·  22 reviews
After a long successful career as an agent to motivational speakers, Bart Manning was enjoying his newfound freedom. So why, one morning, did he head back to work? He didn't know. Then, at a crowded convention, he found his answer in Patrick Donne, a young man whose words electrified his audience. HC: Fawcett.
Published November 8th 1994 by Fawcett (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Spellbinder's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spellbinder's Gift

L
Having read many of Mandino's spiritually motivational books when i was in sales, I was delighted to happen across this novel at an estate sale. Reminiscent of the Joshua books, it is about an agent for motivational speakers who happens upon a speaker with gifts far beyond public speaking. During one of the speaker's speeches, I was impressed with the following: "I am certain that only a few of you realize we have a "kill switch" [i.e. referring to the ability to shut down all functions of a car ...more
Anita
A motivational speech wrapped up in a book, but this one is more story than 'preachy'. And that is essentially the premise of the work: living a life of testimony which speaks louder than words. A couple of surprises make this an enrapturing and quick read.
Parri Sontag
This book is a parable. It's not the most sophisticated writing style in the world, but the message is invaluable. The parable is a little forced. A booking agent for motivational speakers is looking for a new speaker to represent. It's a vehicle for offering the reader a motivational speech, when he finds the spellbinding speaker he is looking for. But I found what was within that speech to be words to live by. I have printed that section of the book for myself to read, re-read and give to othe ...more
Naomianna
I only gave this one star because this was really a self help book disguised as a piece of fiction. There were too many references to God and too many supposedly inspirational tips on how to live your life better. The ending was pretty unbelievable too. It was an easy read but I kept waiting for the something more profound or better to happen within the story and it never did. Disappointing to say the least.
Mary Ann
Reading this book reminded me why I enjoyed Mandino;s Twalfth Angel so much, and will probably inspire me to get more of his books to read. Would that we all could meet Pat and brought to consciousness in how to face life to make it better for those around us as well as ourselves!!
Bo
I really liked this one. I read a lot and this was really rewarding for me.
I would highly recommend any of Og's books!

I loved how they put each day into a capsule. This idea changed my life and I've never looked at a single day the same again. This is a must read for anyone.
David Geschke
I read The Spellbinder's Gift on the plane to and from Denver this weekend. It's not Og Mandino's best I'd say. Easy to read, kept my interest, but no more than three stars for this book. Og has many other titles I've read better than this one.
Liliana
Condensa mucha sabiduría para una mejor vida, una más feliz. Se lee muy rápido. El final es bastante predecible pero el mensaje es fuerte y motivador. Contiene interesantes referencias históricas y literarias. Lo disfruté.
Anna
A quick, captivating, inspiring read. Made me consider the power of the spoken word and especially how that can influence others.
Sonia
Good story. Gives great insight into the world of inspirational speakers. References to the life of Christ.
Kim
What a positive book! I've only read Og Mandino's children's books. It's a quick read, and totally worth it.
Kimberly
Nov 13, 2008 Kimberly marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I would read this book if I can find it in my HUGE PILE of EVERYTHING in my room.
Rebecca
I enjoyed it until the end, when it got too unbelieveable.
Dean
Superb!!! I just love ALL his books! Highly recommend!
Heather
Great reminders... lil predictable but I liked it.
Stephanie
couldn't put it down
Good message. A bit cheesy.
Alicia
I love inspirational books!
Nicole
BC Hostess:Susan
Justmoca
Justmoca marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Geezelle Tapangan
Geezelle Tapangan marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Blaine Linton
Blaine Linton marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Charlene Brewster
Charlene Brewster marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
  • Your Personality Tree
  • Ray of Hope
  • The Blood-Type Diet: Your Personalized Diet and Exercise Program
  • Life is Tremendous
  • The Two Sides of Love
  • The Memory Quilt: A Christmas Story for Our Times
  • Developing the Leaders Around You
  • The Max Lucado Christmas Collection: An Angel's Story/The Christmas Candle/The Christmas Child
  • Enthusiasm Makes the Difference
  • How Sweet the Sound (How Sweet the Sound, #1)
  • On Being Human
  • The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant: Principles for Successful Living
  • The Mom Factor
  • Put on Your Crown: Life-Changing Moments on the Path to Queendom
19753
Augustine "Og" Mandino II (December 12, 1923 – September 3, 1996) was an American author. He wrote the bestselling book The Greatest Salesman in the World. His books have sold over 50 million copies and have been translated into over twenty-five different languages. He was the president of Success Unlimited magazine until 1976 and is an inductee of the National Speakers Association's Hall Of Fame. ...more
More about Og Mandino...
The Greatest Salesman In The World The Choice The Greatest Salesman in the World II The Greatest Secret in the World The Greatest Miracle in the World