Start by marking “Spellbinder's Gift” as Want to Read:
Spellbinder's Gift

Spellbinder's Gift

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  334 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
After a long successful career as an agent to motivational speakers, Bart Manning was enjoying his newfound freedom. So why, one morning, did he head back to work? He didn't know. Then, at a crowded convention, he found his answer in Patrick Donne, a young man whose words electrified his audience. HC: Fawcett.
Published November 8th 1994 by Fawcett (first published 1994)

L
Feb 11, 2014 L rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read many of Mandino's spiritually motivational books when i was in sales, I was delighted to happen across this novel at an estate sale. Reminiscent of the Joshua books, it is about an agent for motivational speakers who happens upon a speaker with gifts far beyond public speaking. During one of the speaker's speeches, I was impressed with the following: "I am certain that only a few of you realize we have a "kill switch" [i.e. referring to the ability to shut down all functions of a car ...more
Suzanne Cooper
Apr 06, 2016 Suzanne Cooper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirit, og-mandino
I first read this in Feb. of 2003 & wrote "Inspirational speaker Patrick Donne & his '7 Secrets to a Better Life'." Re-read this March & must add: Mandino is a wonderful writer ~ his words flow effortlessly & his imagery is so clear & easy-to-digest......very enjoyable; love the inspirational references & the overall uplifting tone.

`
Anita
Jan 19, 2015 Anita rated it really liked it
A motivational speech wrapped up in a book, but this one is more story than 'preachy'. And that is essentially the premise of the work: living a life of testimony which speaks louder than words. A couple of surprises make this an enrapturing and quick read.
Patricia
May 01, 2016 Patricia rated it it was ok
A typical Og Mandino book. Maybe I've read too many of them, or have grown past what he has to offer, but this one just didn't have much of a impact with me.

There were places I found the dialogue forced to tell part of the story, and events forced to move the story forward.
Parri
Jul 08, 2013 Parri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a parable. It's not the most sophisticated writing style in the world, but the message is invaluable. The parable is a little forced. A booking agent for motivational speakers is looking for a new speaker to represent. It's a vehicle for offering the reader a motivational speech, when he finds the spellbinding speaker he is looking for. But I found what was within that speech to be words to live by. I have printed that section of the book for myself to read, re-read and give to othe ...more
Treion Muller
Feb 26, 2015 Treion Muller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational
Naomianna
May 01, 2012 Naomianna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mita-library, fiction
I only gave this one star because this was really a self help book disguised as a piece of fiction. There were too many references to God and too many supposedly inspirational tips on how to live your life better. The ending was pretty unbelievable too. It was an easy read but I kept waiting for the something more profound or better to happen within the story and it never did. Disappointing to say the least.
Mary Ann
Reading this book reminded me why I enjoyed Mandino;s Twalfth Angel so much, and will probably inspire me to get more of his books to read. Would that we all could meet Pat and brought to consciousness in how to face life to make it better for those around us as well as ourselves!!
Bo
Dec 07, 2012 Bo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. I read a lot and this was really rewarding for me.
I would highly recommend any of Og's books!

I loved how they put each day into a capsule. This idea changed my life and I've never looked at a single day the same again. This is a must read for anyone.
David Geschke
I read The Spellbinder's Gift on the plane to and from Denver this weekend. It's not Og Mandino's best I'd say. Easy to read, kept my interest, but no more than three stars for this book. Og has many other titles I've read better than this one.
Liliana
Oct 11, 2014 Liliana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Condensa mucha sabiduría para una mejor vida, una más feliz. Se lee muy rápido. El final es bastante predecible pero el mensaje es fuerte y motivador. Contiene interesantes referencias históricas y literarias. Lo disfruté.
Anna
Nov 07, 2008 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, captivating, inspiring read. Made me consider the power of the spoken word and especially how that can influence others.
Sonia
Nov 10, 2009 Sonia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story. Gives great insight into the world of inspirational speakers. References to the life of Christ.
Kim
Oct 05, 2008 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a positive book! I've only read Og Mandino's children's books. It's a quick read, and totally worth it.
Kimberly
Nov 13, 2008 Kimberly marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I would read this book if I can find it in my HUGE PILE of EVERYTHING in my room.
Rebecca
Jul 30, 2010 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it until the end, when it got too unbelieveable.
Dean
Mar 28, 2010 Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb!!! I just love ALL his books! Highly recommend!
Heather
Great reminders... lil predictable but I liked it.
Stephanie
couldn't put it down
Good message. A bit cheesy.
Alicia
Oct 13, 2011 Alicia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love inspirational books!
Nicole
BC Hostess:Susan
Kim Stanton
Great read.
Myriam Solano
Jul 24, 2012 Myriam Solano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite ever
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
NICHOLAS RAPEMORA
NICHOLAS RAPEMORA marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Mark Bowser
Mark Bowser rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Reginald Fletcher
Reginald Fletcher marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Kari
Kari rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
  • If It's Going to Be, It's up to Me: The Eight Proven Principles of Possibility Thinking
  • Enthusiasm Makes the Difference
  • The Gift
  • Hung by the Tongue
  • The Two Sides of Love
  • Your Personality Tree
  • The Blood-Type Diet: Your Personalized Diet and Exercise Program
  • The King's Legacy: A Story of Wisdom for the Ages
  • The Memory Quilt: A Christmas Story for Our Times
  • The Little Red Book (AA)
  • On Being Human
  • The Max Lucado Christmas Collection: An Angel's Story/The Christmas Candle/The Christmas Child
  • The Success System That Never Fails
  • Ray of Hope
  • How Sweet the Sound (How Sweet the Sound, #1)
  • Life Is Tremendous
  • Leadership Gold: Lessons I've Learned from a Lifetime of Leading
  • Finishing Strong: Going the Distance for Your Family
19753
Augustine "Og" Mandino II (December 12, 1923 – September 3, 1996) was an American author. He wrote the bestselling book The Greatest Salesman in the World. His books have sold over 50 million copies and have been translated into over twenty-five different languages. He was the president of Success Unlimited magazine until 1976 and is an inductee of the National Speakers Association's Hall Of Fame. ...more
More about Og Mandino...