Start by marking “Záhada miznúceho pokladu (Alfred Hitchcock a traja pátrači, #5)” as Want to Read:
Záhada miznúceho pokladu (Alfred Hitchcock a traja pátrači, #5)

Záhada miznúceho pokladu (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #5)

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  1,820 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Albert Hitfield hat für die drei Detektive Justus, Peter und Bob einen ziemlich mysteriösen Fall: eine alte Dame wird angeblich Tag und Nacht von kleinen „Gnomen“ belästigt. Während die drei ??? noch rätseln, sitzen sie plötzlich in der Falle und werden ohnmächtige Zeugen eines raffinierten Bankraubes.
Published 1994 by Mladé letá (first published 1966)

To ask other readers questions about Záhada miznúceho pokladu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Záhada miznúceho pokladu

Mark
2008 review - Another of my all-time favourites, this is a rollercoaster of an adventure, that never really lets us. It’s been a while since I read it, so a lot of the story was fresh and I was surprised at how wide it casts it’s net - from the initial robbery, the detail of the gnomes and the pursuit in the cinema, right down to the ‘second’ ending and the deduction surprises that last to almost the final page. A clever, atmospheric mystery that’s well worth a read, I loved it.

2013 update - It’
Quentin Wallace
Sep 09, 2015 Quentin Wallace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good mystery! (Honestly, my nostalgia for these books will probably never let me give one a bad rating, but we'll see.)

In this one we have an impossible museum robbery and a lady being plagued by gnomes. (Gnomes?!?!)

As with all of the three investigators novels, another fun mystery read! Young readers are especially missing out if they haven't tried this series.
Musicbeats
Nov 04, 2015 Musicbeats rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!
Bearcatgary
I thought I'd start the new year off by reading a selection from one of my favorite juvenile series. In this story, Jupiter Jones and gang solve not 1, but 2 mysteries. The Investigators happen to witness the robbery of a precious belt from a local museum. They offer their detective services, but are turned down because of their youth. Around the same time, Alfred Hitchcock recommends them to an elderly friend who believes her house and surrounding grounds have been taken over by gnomes. As usua ...more
Ratna
Feb 24, 2017 Ratna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kurcacinya sih ketebak, tp pending emasnya bener2 gak ada ide sama sekali. Hahaa... Ternyata kedua kasus tersebut saling berkaitan.
Vishal Mehta
Nov 26, 2016 Vishal Mehta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entirely satisfying!
Jeff Stephenson
Jan 06, 2017 Jeff Stephenson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AH&T3I Update: 5 read, 23 hardbacks to go!

Robert Arthur, the creator of the Three Investigators and the writer of the first 11 titles was a genius! Ok, maybe he borrowed a little (and just a little) from the Sherlock Holmes' Red-Headed League short story, but he did not borrow enough to give away this plot or even the main story of this book. For evidence of Mr. Arthur's genius, consider this quote from page 150 in the book:

"'Well done, lads,' Mr. Hitchcock rumbled at last. 'Well done indeed
J.S.
Jul 14, 2014 J.S. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-ya
I was a big fan of the Three Investigators as a kid, and now my own kids have enjoyed reading them as well. I tried reading a couple of Hardy Boy mysteries when I was young, but found them uninteresting in comparison. Jupiter Jones, Pete Crenshaw, and Bob Andrews always had much more interesting cases to solve and they seemed more like real kids than the Hardy Boys.

While visiting a local museum the lights go out and a jewel-encrusted belt is discovered missing. Jupiter forwardly offers the assi
Ardee-El
This is the fifth in what was called__when I was reading and collecting them__THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK MYSTERY SERIES. The real mystery here is why this isn__t entitled The Mystery of the Wicked Gnomes. After all, this isn__t the first__nor last__time the boys will encounter a treasure, and, as for vanishing . . .

Whereas the previous book in the series (The Mystery of the Green Ghost) might have used, in retrospect, some unfortunate stereotypes in its Chinese characters, this one employs a little mo
Hua
Feb 08, 2017 Hua rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
End deduction was a bit disappointing but beginning to middle was very good, engrossing, and exciting.
Hana Bilqisthi
Nov 07, 2014 Hana Bilqisthi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: detective, mystery
oke.. gue udah nebak ini adalah kejahatan orang kerdil karena ngga mungkin kurcaci ada
tapi gue ngga nyangka buku ini bisa tetep bikin deg-degan dan berpikir keras
kayaknya kepintaran gue masih setara sama pete dan bob, bukan jupiter
somehow pesan yang gue dapet adalah kadang masalahnya lebih rumit dari yang terlihat atau justru lebih simple dari kelihatannya..
dan it is okay mengambil kesimpulan yang salah, mungkin karena buktinya kurang atau deduksi kita yang salah
yang jelas ketika tahu kita salah
Dec 14, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: default
This kind of felt like a more grown-up McGurk mystery to me. Plenty of fun to read.
Widya Ningrum
Dec 12, 2016 Widya Ningrum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is my favorites so far. Trio Detectives solve not only one problem but two! How wide this cases for three teenagers is really surprise me. I fell in love with this story. The plot twist also ugghh I'm speechless. Jupiter's deduction skill really amazed me and if he was a real person, I'm happily will ask him how to make a good conclusion and take a peek what's on his reading list.
Lance
Aug 12, 2008 Lance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is a wonderful one for kids. The Hitchcock character only does what amounts to cameos, and sometimes, if I remember correctly, doesn't even show up at all. The ones about the Mexican bandit and the Spider stand out in my mind and I remember them quite well. Overall, they were all fun to read.
Rafika ws
Jun 05, 2015 Rafika ws rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kelas-9
Dari trio detektif series yang pernah kubaca, untuk saat ini, petualangan inilah yang menjadi favoritku, terdapat 2 masalah yang pada awalnya sama sekali tidak terlihat berhubungan, ternyata sangat berhubungan. Pengalaman yang mendebarkan dan buku ini sangat keren
Pujiyanto stiffy
Jadi ini sebenernya akan terasa lebih menarik seandainya saja tidak terjebak Spoiler di salah satu review yang ada di Goodreads ini. spoilernya berada di kalimat pertama, woooi....
Lah, kok jadi ngomel soal spoiler... Lol..

Soňa
Jan 09, 2016 Soňa rated it liked it
Hmm, uvažujem či sa mi táto kniha najmenej páčila preto, že som ju asi predtým čítala len raz alebo preto, že je tam "veľa" násilia.... a fakt sa neviem rozhodnúť.
Vimal
Oct 30, 2013 Vimal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good story
Frederick Tan
Dec 18, 2015 Frederick Tan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read.
Primadonna
Jul 10, 2015 Primadonna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Reread.
Jaime Contreras
I was not thrilled by this routine mystery involving a vanishing act and a magician. But, it was still good but i have read better entries in the series.
Bagus Ismujati
Aug 14, 2008 Bagus Ismujati rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i read it when i was a little. this book somehow give me the energy on reading mystery books. cheers...
Jessica
May 08, 2015 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: my mom
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Eva
May 21, 2013 Eva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
jadi inget tv show-nya CSI LV.. every thing can happen in Vegas.. nah di buku ini every thing can happen in Hollywood
Ash
Book inherited from my uncle (I guess)
Nadya
Mengenang masa kecil... X)
Serena
May 03, 2013 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
My Rating System:
Riley Flint
Apr 11, 2016 Riley Flint rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The more I read these books, the more I love them ! This series has made me infatuated with mystery novels !

Kolan
May 08, 2012 Kolan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best childhood series I read starting in the fourth grade. The best of the so called "syndicate Books" Reading them now brings back the memories and pleasure I had when reading them as a child.
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of the Headless Horse (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #26)
  • The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #15)
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
Robert Jay Arthur, Jr. was a mystery writer known for The Mysterious Traveler radio series and his Three Investigators series of novels. He is frequently confused with the film producer Robert Arthur, who was nine days older than mystery writer Robert Arthur, Jr.

Robert Arthur, Jr. wrote a number of mystery books, mostly for children, and he also worked on the anthology television series Alfred Hit
More about Robert Arthur...

Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • The Secret of Terror Castle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Screaming Clock (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)