Start by marking “Two Weddings and One Near Funeral (Southern Arcana, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Two Weddings and One Near Funeral (Southern Arcana, #3.5)

Two Weddings and One Near Funeral (Southern Arcana #3.5)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  15 reviews
No longer available.

In this short story set between books three & four of the Southern Arcana series, you get two weddings for the price of one. Find out how Mackenzie and Jackson ended up enjoying a honeymoon in Vegas--and how bad Alec and Carmen's wedding had to be to drive them there.

Published June 6th 2011 (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Two Weddings and One Near Funeral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Weddings and One Near Funeral

Kelly
I've made no effort to disguise my glee with this series. It's snarky, sexy, and it's set in one of the more well-realized worlds I've come across in fiction. The cast of characters is as wonderfully diverse as they are fiercely loyal. As you can probably guess, when Moira Rogers puts out anything related to this series I jump on it and put it in a headlock. No fooling.

This short story gathers together the characters from the previous three books and plops them down in the midst of Alec and Carm
Ally
*This story is provided as a free read for fans of the series, and may contain spoilers for books 1-3 of the Southern Arcana series, and confusion for anyone not familiar with the characters involved. Read with caution!*

This is
Two Weddings (and One Near Funeral) is a free short story that is set between the 3rd and 4th books in the Southern Arcana series (Deadlock & Cipher). The story does contain spoilers for previous books in the series so I would recommend reading as far as Deadlock before picking it up.

We get to see the madness that are the preparations for Carmen and Alec's wedding and just how much the idea of a big society wedding scares the life out of Mackenzie. I love getting to revisit couples after the
Jen (Red Hot Books)
This is a great little gift for fans of the series. It gives us a peek inside the days leading up to Alec and Carmen's wedding. Bottom line is that all the pomp and circumstance is making everyone miserable. But the crew all comes together like the family they are to be there for one another. In the meantime, Jackson and Mackenzie get tired of waiting for their own married life to begin, so they take a completely different road to their "I do."

Short, but sweet.
Jess
This was a cute little novella on Moria Rogers website, and it's free at the moment. This takes place after the third book in the series Deadlock. We get to see all the characters come together in preparation for a marriage between two of the characters (won't say who so I don't spoil). I loved the humor from all the characters, which was nice since the books can be a little dark at times. I also loved the chapter names T-5 days, T-4days, as it counted down to the wedding. My only problem with i ...more
Darcy
This was a quick cute little story that dealt with Alec and Carmen's wedding extravaganza from the last book. Neither wanted what they were stuck with, but had to do it for political reasons. It was fun to see them and their friends deal with all the crap and how Alec's family was driving them all nuts. I did like the second wedding much better than the first, much more manageable and more fun!
Beverly
This was a fun story. I am a part time wedding planner and I have come across some mothers who compare. Characters with the kind of personalities I have come to look for in a Moira Rogers book, in a story about a couple who just want to get married! Good friends, good parties and the ever present wedding issues all wrapped up in shifter politics. Short, fast, funny and sweet.
Dannielle
What a great short story. We got to see all of the characters from the previous books, plus some really funny one-liners. Definitely was LOLing! Now Alec and Carmen as well as Mackenzie and Jackson are married. Just need Kat and Andrew to get their HEA.
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
This story takes place after Deadlock and before Cipher. Each mini-chapter is a countdown to Alec and Carmen's story. A quick read, light read with lots of Jackson and Mackenzie in the mix, it'll hold me over until Cipher is released.
Ceola
This was a pleasant surprise. It encompassed the weddings of two sets of characters in the southern arcana books.
Mackenzie and jackson and sera and alex Jacobson .can't wait cipher in the fall
Cheryl
Fun! It's nice to see the weddings of characters that I cared about from the first and third books in this series.
ms bookjunkie
Oy. The insanity that leads up to a big society wedding… A fun read. :)
Laurie Bongiorno
The fact that it was a free extra bonus makes it even better:)
Brenda
What did I think? AMAZING...just the fix I needed!
Julie Burns
What a fun little free story.
Loved it
Miss D
Miss D marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Liezel Swan
Liezel Swan marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Alicia Hart
Alicia Hart marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Leatha
Leatha added it
Jan 08, 2015
Tara Moore
Tara Moore marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Jessica Sharon
Jessica Sharon marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Sanibel Sizzle (Fanged Ménage, #3)
  • Exotic (The Druid Breeders #7.5)
  • Deadly Crimson (Spark of Magic, #3)
  • The Tower and the Tears (Magic University, #2)
  • Stormchild (Pacific Passion, #1)
  • The Zero Dog War (Zero Dog Missions, #1)
  • Blood Oath (Blood Lines, #1)
  • Animal Attraction (Neuri Chronicles, #1)
  • Werewolf Sanctuary (Wolf Maiden Chronicles, #1)
  • The Mirror & The Meretrix
  • To Challenge A Dragon (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • Thaumatology 101 (Thaumatology, #1)
  • The Cat's Fancy
  • Dark Dates (Cassandra Bick Chronicles, #1)
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h
More about Moira Rogers...

Southern Arcana (6 books)
  • Crux (Southern Arcana, #1)
  • Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2)
  • Deadlock (Southern Arcana, #3)
  • Cipher (Southern Arcana, #4)
  • Impulse (Southern Arcana, #5)
  • Enigma (Southern Arcana, #6)
Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) Kamikaze (Last Call, #1) Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1) Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2) Wild Card (Down & Dirty, #1)