Rominus: The Initiation

Rominus: The Initiation

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  9 reviews
For over 11,000 years, one secret has haunted humanity and shaped it's history, a secret so dare that none dare reveal it. But now a destined young Messiah bent on revenge will unlock the truth of man's origin and discover that vampires do exist, and they control everything.
Published October 1st 2011 by Creative House Int'l Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Rominus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rominus

Rick F.
For over 11,000 years, the survivors of Atlantis have secretly ruled the earth through an ancient society known as the Rominus Empire, bringing death and order to an already decadent world. Yet within this vampire kingdom, an ancient prophecy foretells of an imminent civil war between clans fated to spark the end of the human race, and of the hybrid king destined to stop it by surviving the merging of all three vampire bloodlines within his mortal body. At the highest levels of power are a cland...more
Mariam
Oct 10, 2011 Mariam rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adults and young adults
- I have read a few vampire books in my day mainly because my girlfriend is into twilight but this one I actually really liked. It took a couple pages to figure out what was going on and memorize characters names but before I knew it I was seeing the world through the eyes of Vlad Dracula and and a buncha other really cool vamps. I also noticed that this book was written in present tense. My guess is that that was intentional. It read pretty quickly so that's another plus. Some parts creeped me...more
Gor
I cant find a better way to start describing this one of a kind novel, but if i was to describe it in one word i would say it is Unprecedented. Rominus has introduced to us a whole new world of vampires, i can guarantee any novel enthusiast and others alike that they have never read anything like Rominus before. It is a piece of art that includes a combination of multiple genres into one book. This book can make you experience the entire spectrum of human emotions at the same time. Jonathan Amar...more
Malia
Nov 30, 2011 Malia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mature History, Vampire, and Fantasy enthusiasts
Recommended to Malia by: Goodreads
I thought this was an excellent book! It's a wonderful concept with a twist. The characters were easy to identify with and throughout the story became like real people that you care about.

I did find the beginning part a little difficult to escape into the story. I would maybe recommend either adding on some of the details regarding the history of the vampires and their influence throughout history either into the prelude or the history at the beginning of the book. Other than that, I loved it!
Lauren edson-fisher
A first reads give away, this book is a real tour de force as it is filled with twists, turns and suspense. It tells of the true making of a vampire king and the history of thousands of years of age old vampires and how their worlds work. It is an entrancing read, one that keeps the reader so compelled that I couldn't put it down. I loved it.
Cari
I won this book a while back in a giveaway. I was out of the country for a few months and didn't have a chance to read it. Now that I'm back, I'm going to give it a go!!

EDIT: Pretty great vampire book. A bit confusing at first, but once you give the book your full attention it's a great read!
Jr Garza
I think that this book was superbly orchestrated. The way it draws you in and keeps you there. Couldn't put the book down for two days, from chapters 12-23. I'll be definitely re-reading this book.
Allison  Macias
I won this book from First Reads. I got the book, but was told it wasn't the correct version. Waiting on the corrected version. Can't wait to get it!
Janice Reyes
It's a great book to read, but it is very long. I still liked it a lot anyway.
Rhiannon Dewey
Rhiannon Dewey marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Woodenpoet
Woodenpoet marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Orlandy Godines
Orlandy Godines marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2013
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Athina Stockman
Athina Stockman marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Amadeus
Amadeus marked it as to-read
May 02, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2013
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Believe Chop
Believe Chop marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Rachael Evans
Rachael Evans marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Aidan Syto
Aidan Syto marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Maricrystal/Century
Maricrystal/Century marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Kat
Kat added it
Oct 26, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
4822034
***"Rominus: The Initiation" is winner of four literary awards (New York City Book Festival,, Hollywood Book Festival, Halloween Book Festival and 2nd Place in General Fiction from the Texas Association of Authors)***

"At the age of 16, a book entitled "Night" by Elie Wiesel changed my life. The rest became history."

Jonathan Amaret was born in Houston in 1984. Throughout his professional career he...more
More about Jonathan Amaret...