Start by marking “Think Outside the Square: Writing Publishable (Short) Stories” as Want to Read:
Think Outside the Square:  Writing Publishable (Short) Stories

Think Outside the Square: Writing Publishable (Short) Stories

0.0  ·  Rating Details ·  0 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Writing short stories can not only be fun, it can be downright profitable!

Netting over $500 for her first short story, Cheryl Wright received emails from writers all over the world asking her 'secrets'.

This short, but concise book is the result.

To ask other readers questions about Think Outside the Square, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Think Outside the Square

Cheryl Wright
Jun 08, 2011 Cheryl Wright added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to learn how to write short stories
Stuck with a shelf full of undeveloped short story ideas, I went through this book as writer-- not just a book reviewer-- and tried many of her exercises with a skeptical eye. Her exercises worked, and her knowledge and advice turned my ideas into short stories.

Anyone who is a novice to writing the short story can expect growth in writing and publishable short stories after reading this book.

Brandy Y. Foster, Absolute Write

-------------

“Think Outside the Square” is the most valuable instruction
Being a writer can be... interesting.

Walking down the street and watching people go about their day-to-day life, but thinking strange, even dangerous things.

I still clearly remember the day I stood at the traffic lights in downtown Melbourne. There she was, sitting in her car, waiting for the lights to change green. Tapping her fingers impatiently.

Something inside my head went off. Kaboom! An idea
More about Cheryl Wright...