Start by marking “No Paved Road to Freedom - A Dramatic and Inspiring Story of Human Struggle Against Overwhelming Odds - Based on a True Story” as Want to Read:

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A gripping and emotional story, No Paved Road To Freedom humanizes the impact of communist occupation in Romania after World War II. It is relevant, it inspires, and it reminds us that freedom is precious. Based on a true story, it documents the extraordinary courage of Cornel Dolana and his family as they pay an incredible price for resisting communism. Cornel makes up hi ...more
Published June 30th 2011 by Soaring Reader Press

Be the first to ask a question about No Paved Road to Freedom - A Dramatic and Inspiring Story of Human Struggle Against Overwhelming Odds - Based on a True Story

Natalie Greve
Must read. Could not put down. Well written account of one man's determination to escape communism. A-mazing!
Kait
This is the story of one man's life and escape from Communist Romania. It was an eye-opener for me. I've read a lot of books on North Korea and found it surprising and appalling that such conditions were also in Europe.

This is a fast read. It's well-paced, informative, and it keeps you engaged and on the edge of your seat, especially when the planning for escape begins.

I wish that there had been more about Mr. Dolana's story after his escape, but that is nit-picking. Rushton did a satisfactory j
John Jeffries
No Paved Road to Freedom is a first-person account of life in WWII and communist Romania by a man who amazingly managed to escape. I would rate this riveting account as a must-read. There but for the grace of God could one day be America.
Kathy
I am not normally a reader of non-fiction but for some reason the description of this book intrigued me. Once I started reading it, I could not put it down. The story of Cornel Dolana's escape from communist Romania was both horrifying and inspiring.
Elaine
Representative of the struggle for freedom and broached the convoluted and pernicious consequences of communism from a very personal level. The maps and photos at the conclusion of the book were nice!
Nancy
reminder to cherish our freedoms, God bless America
DeeDee
DeeDee marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Siddharth
Siddharth marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
David
David added it
Feb 18, 2015
Mcruz
Mcruz marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Kristen Groh
Kristen Groh marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Ellen knoud
Ellen knoud marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Nissa
Nissa marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2012
Joyce Faulkner
Joyce Faulkner marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2012