Start by marking “The Light of the Lovers' Moon” as Want to Read:
The Light of the Lovers' Moon

The Light of the Lovers' Moon

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  881 ratings  ·  82 reviews
Violet Fynne was haunted-haunted by memory. It had been nearly ten years since her father had moved the family from the tiny town of Rattler Rock to the city of Albany, New York. Yet the pain and guilt in Violet's heart were as fresh and as haunting as ever they had been. It was true Violet had been only a child when her family moved. Still-though she had been unwillingly ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Distractions Ink (first published July 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Light of the Lovers' Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Light of the Lovers' Moon

Heather
WOW,SOOOOO GOOD!!! Absolutely one of my favorites of Marcia's! From the title I pictured it to be strictly a sweet romance of lovers under a moon, lol, but it was so much more than that! It had all the angst, jealousy, mystery, angry brooding man, and passion that I love in a romance! It made my heart ache for the characters.
Inspired Kathy
Wow this is classic Marcia Lynn McClure at its best. I loved this one! Currently available only as a 128 page ebook - it was well worth my money. Seems most of her ebooks eventually get expanded and printed and I'd pay money again to read this story if she lengthens it, although this one left me completely satisfied despite it's shorter length.
Kathryn
Erika B. (Snogging on Sunday Books)
Yes my pilgrimage continues with this newest addition to my local library! (I'm a college aged kid-I'll take free books anytime!) This one here goes out to my Marcia club...you know who you are! hahaha LOVED this one! The Queen of Clean Kissing at her best! As I have been reading (and who are we kidding re-reading AND re-reading) Marcia books I'm finding that her later writing is just becoming that much greater! I love the depth that she is putting into her characters! This book makes me want to ...more
Sandy
This book has vaulted onto my elite Marcia Favorites List, and that's saying something because I LOVE with an unhealthy fervor Shackles of Honor and Crimson Frost.

I started reading The Light of the Lover's Moon at midnight as a little light reading before I fell asleep (what was I thinking--I've read enough Marcia to know better) and I ended up staying up until 4:00 a.m. savoring this tale. It's a short one so you probably don't even need four hours to read it, but I found myself reading passage
Deborah
I really love this author and this was another cute story. I loved the two main characters. Their chemistry was great and their back story even cuter. My only real complaint was the fact that I felt like it ended to fast. I wished they would of had a few more conversations and we would of had a little more tention. I just felt like all of a sudden they were confessing there love, and all the mysteries of the book we being summed up im like five pages. It was to rushed. It's almost like the autho ...more
Heidi
What can I say....the Queen of clean has done it again!!!! Thank you Marcia for ANOTHER favorite! I absolutely ADORED this book!! I've been saving it for about a year:) I have to read 50 books or so and then I treat myself to a Marcia Lyn...(NOBODY writes kissing like she does. NO ONE!!!!)...I'm savoring them. I own every book and I only have 4 left that I've never read:(....PLEASE PLEASE keep writing Marcia! Don't ever stop!!!!
Quick,fun,clean read...with chemistry-a-plenty;)lol
Kristina
I loved it! What a delightful story! Sweet, clean and, in my opinion, reminiscent of L.M Montgomery's "Anne of Green Gables".

Violet Fynne and Stoney Wrenn were close childhood friends who were separated when Violet's family moved away from the remote country town of Rattler Rock when she was just 11 years old. Violet promised her good friend Stoney (13 years old at the time) that she would come back to him. She did not know when or how, but she promised to return to Rattler Rock, fearing for St
Kathy
Second Read Nov 2011: I love everything about this story. It's such a sweet romance. Definitely one of my top 5 favorite McClure books!!

First Read April 2011: This was such a fun, charming story. I loved it! I thought Violet was a great character, as well as Stoney. I loved their story and could really feel the chemistry between them. I especially loved their first kiss, so sweet!

The majority of the story was told from Violet's POV, with a few of Stoney's thoughts thrown in here and there. The o
Brenda
How can you not fall in love with Marcia's books? Another fantastically fun romance. Violet has been taken from her hometown and her best friend/first love. After 10 long years she returns to find the boy (now a man) that she just can't seem to forget. She is heartbroken to find that Stoney seems to have quite gotten over her! Stoney has been trying to put the past behind him. He was broken when Violet left him and never wants to set himself up for that kind of hurt again. A womanizer? Puhleeze! ...more
Patti
“The Light of the Lover’s Moon” is the second book I’ve read by author Marcia Lynn McClure. I don’t think I’ve ever used the word sweet in describing a book, but that’s just what I would call it, a very sweet story of two kids that meet again after a ten-year absence.

Violet and Stoney were the best of friends, inseparable childhood soul mates more accurately. Violet, age 11, and Stoney, age 13, were sadly separated when her parents moved away from their little town of Rattler Rock. Violet’s par
Renee
Yes it was a novella and yes it was a Kindle freebie so it's kind of hard to believe but I really liked this story! I loved reading about a boy and a girl who were devoted to each other as children, separated only to be reunited as adults a decade later. This book had all the elements I love--emotion (I cried three times), fun, and plenty of sparks without being overly graphic or over the top. There were a few "cheesy" moments but it's romance people...
Teya
This is where my love started. I happened to see in on the shelf at the library, I was keeping myself busy reading during a horrible pregnancy. I was hooked I didn't have to cover my eyes reading this book and embarrased by it. It was great a book writer that was clean and actually good, I WAS HOOKED!

Started with this one. It was on the new shelf at the library and caught my eye. Still one of my favorites!
JaNeen
HOLY COW!!! I loved this book and the sweet love story. It is how I think the world ashould be. . . maybe that's why I love Marcia Lyn McClure's books. There is the man who is a hard worker, with good morals and not feminine and the sweet girl who has a conscience and is kind to those around her. This book was a great read, the only disappointment was that the end came to soon!!!
Kristen
Such a sweet and cute romance. Loved Stoney, of course...Violet was a great character too. McClure can do no wrong. Always wish they were longer...sigh.

Moral Note: Some passionate kisses, a handful of language (mostly heck, and son of a motherless goat, and cut off swear words) talk of illegitimate children, and some innuendos.
Amy
I Loved this book. I had to read it again after I finished it. Such a great story I love the story of the Light. I loved the surprise at the end brought tears to my eyes. Such a great book. Very easy read, great fun adventures and it is a story that just makes you feel good after you are done reading it.
Tori
Childhood sweethearts torn apart... A snobby girl I wanted to punch in the face... A lil bit of mystery... Lots of sparkin'... Fast, fun read!

Sept. 2014- Yep still loved it the 2nd time around! Marcia L. McClure is just such a gifted storyteller. Her books are fun and refreshing. :)
Melody
I LOVE moons, so of course I had to buy this e-book, even though I prefer a book in my hand. Hopefully someday I will be able to have a book in my hand with that gorgeous cover, and equally delightful inside pages. :) I love my Marcia McClure, what can I say more? :)
Melissa
Absolutely LOVE Marcia's books! She really does romance well including the heartbreaking pain of unrequited love, etc.
((insert big sigh)) I just love Marcia! She's one talented lady! I'm thinking of remodeling my bedroom now.... ;)
Shellbelle19
Again I can't help but love these sappy romance books! They are just great quick easy reads!
Katie Watkins
Another great western-type romance by the queen of clean/sweet romance!! Loved it!!
Chelsea Raadgep
I really enjoyed this one!! Amazingly fantastic. McClure has done it again.
Angie Cornelison
This was yet again a beautiful love story! I loved the Diamonds. How cute!
Ralynn
it started out differnt and i wasn't sure if i was going to like it but i did.
Lori
I loved this story. She's still one of my favorite author's!
Katherine
Cute story. I really liked it!
Annalisa
Great romance story of a love that blossomed from the truest of friends even in childhood. This is more of a western period piece and I loved it.

Amazon Product Description:
Violet Fynne was haunted—haunted by memory. It had been nearly ten years since her father had moved the family from the tiny town of Rattler Rock to the city of Albany , New York . Yet the pain and guilt in Violet’s heart was as fresh and as haunting as ever it had been.
It was true Violet had been only a child when her family
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • The Kissing Tree
  • Jayhawk
  • Captive Heart
  • Drops of Gold (The Jonquil Brothers #2)
  • The Legend of Shannonderry
  • Montana Summer
  • Marian's Christmas Wish
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch #1)
  • Hearts Through Time
  • The Rejected Suitor
  • The Reluctant Bachelorette
  • Within the Dark Hills
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...
The Highwayman of Tanglewood The Visions of Ransom Lake A Crimson Frost Dusty Britches Shackles of Honor